The 49ers and Kyle Shanahan have put up 44 on the #1 defense

with Jimmy Garoppolo who is now undefeated as a starting QB since he was the backup for the Patriots the first 2 or 3 games. Talk about a QB who just turned around a horrible 1 win team. If the 49ers are a dark horse contender next season, then year 2 for Shanny with the 49er's could be similar to when he was successful in year 2 with us. 

Edited by mqg96
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Knew thread was coming. Kyle ain't coming back as much as you guys would like. Get over it, and stop living in last year. You guys wanted Kyle gone the first season he was here.

Kyle Shanahan's first season was still better than Sarkisian's first season, because in year 1 with Shanahan everyone forgets that we didn't have Alex Mack, Taylor Gabriel, or Mohammad Sanu, plus the 2015 Falcons led the league in turnovers in the redzone with less talent than the 2016 offense. We fixed that and added Alex Mack and all of the other players in year 2 with Shanahan. We literally have almost ALL of the same players from last year's offense and Sarkisian has done much worse with better talent than Shanahan in 2015. Imagine how much of a disaster Sarksian would be right now if we still had the same offensive players from the 2015 team. 

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

Kyle Shanahan's first season was still better than Sarkisian's first season, because in year 1 with Shanahan everyone forgets that we didn't have Alex Mack, Taylor Gabriel, or Mohammad Sanu, plus the 2015 Falcons led the league in turnovers in the redzone with less talent than the 2016 offense. We fixed that and added Alex Mack and all of the other players in year 2 with Shanahan. We literally have almost ALL of the same players from last year's offense and Sarkisian has done much worse with better talent than Shanahan in 2015. Imagine how much of a disaster Sarksian would be right now if we still had the same offensive players from the 2015 team. 

Didn't we start undefeated, then loss like 6 in a row

3 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Didn't we start undefeated, then loss like 6 in a row

We started 5-0, lost the first game, went 6-1 then we went on a losing streak to finish 8-8, but here's the difference between the 2015 Falcons and the 2017 Falcons. The 2017 Falcons have more talent on offense than the 2015 offense, yet the 2017 offense is doing worse with the same talent from the 2016 offense. Plus, the 2017 defense is an overall better defense than the 2015 defense that's come a long way with its pass rush. In fact, our defense is the only reason we're still in the playoff hunt right now. 

Edited by mqg96
4 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

We lead the league in drops and drops that turned into INTs. I don't think Sark has been as good as Shanahan, but I think he's had some creative gameplans and overall, I don't think he's the problem.

If Year 2 is more of the same, fine. But we have been legendary levels of unlucky and sloppy this year. It's miraculous we have 9 wins. Hangover.

29 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

with Jimmy Garoppolo who is now undefeated as a starting QB since he was the backup for the Patriots the first 2 or 3 games. Talk about a QB who just turned around a horrible 1 win team. If the 49ers are a dark horse contender next season, then year 2 for Shanny with the 49er's could be similar to when he was successful in year 2 with us. 

So?  To me, Kyle Shanahan is dead... 

I was about to start this thread. Man he's got the niners offense humming all season even with 3rd rate skill players. I've been secretly watching and admiring their offense all season. Theres no doubt he was solely responsible for our success. Hope we sign someone who can turn the ship around.

#misskyletoo

38 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

He will draft Saquon Barkley. They will sign Taylor Gabriel.

Not unless they pick top 5 some how. I see CLE taking QB #1 and Barkley with the HOU pick if he is still there. Or if Dorsey (KC guy) goes after A. Smith (or Cousins) and Barkley even. A good QB and RB could turn that team around quick with the line and WRs they have.

that said if Barkley is there when SF picks, I agree he would be the pick.

would love to see IND get Barkley to pair w Luck when he comes back.

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Not unless they pick top 5 some how. I see CLE taking QB #1 and Barkley with the HOU pick if he is still there. Or if CLE goes after Cousins even. I top QB and RB could turn that team around quick with the line and WRs they have.

that said if Barkley is there when SF picks, I agree he would be the pick.

would love to see IND get Barkley to pair w Luck when he comes back.

Yeah I forget San Francisco has won as many games.

22 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

Barkley is the best player in the draft at his position. He would ball with Shanahan 

I don't think RB is a position of need for the 49ers. Hyde and Breida are plenty capable. They just scored 44 points on the best defense in the league and Garoppolo hasn't even played a full season with Kyle. Smith would give the 49ers a fearsome pair of linebackers the likes of what they had in Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman (before injuries). That front seven would be scary good. No need for Kyle and Lynch to draft offense early. That was already addressed when they got Jimmy for a 2nd rounder. What they need is to build up their defense. They'll be competing for championships much sooner that way.

Edited by JerseyNo12
17 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

So?  To me, Kyle Shanahan is dead... 

He did not give a ---- about this town winning anything as a coordinator....

He's going to win several for The 49ers though..

In the Superbowl, he was "Sarky"!  lol

Strange stuff man....Losing a playbook tablet...Letting some reporter get close enough to grab it..