Dan Quinn not pointing fingers

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

No you wouldn’t.

Oh yes I would. You obviously don't know me. 

A message board is usually about subjective opinions,  but I know for a fact what I would do,  and you don't know sh!t about it.  I love some good discussion,  but don't presume to tell me what I would and wouldn't do. 

23 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Oh yes I would. You obviously don't know me. 

A message board is usually about subjective opinions,  but I know for a fact what I would do,  and you don't know sh!t about it.  I love some good discussion,  but don't presume to tell me what I would and wouldn't do. 

If you would really end your career like that then you’re a fool.

51 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

If you would really end your career like that then you’re a fool.

The NFL, with its history, is amazing.  To see it defiled like it was tonight disgusts me.  I would want to save it or walk away from it more than I would want another paycheck that I wouldn't really need. 

Consider me a fool if you want.  You do you and I'll do me. 

Note that Sean Payton did get furious after the Falcons game about the officiating and probably got his reward (or gift to shut up) with this week's officiating.

The fine he received was probably no worse than a pat on the hand with a ruler.  And, the negative publicity certainly did not harm his job or chance of being fired anytime soon in NO.

Just now, jlrfalcon said:

Note that Sean Payton did get furious after the Falcons game about the officiating and probably got his reward (or gift to shut up) with this week's officiating.

The fine he received was probably no worse than a pat on the hand with a ruler.  And, the negative publicity certainly did not harm his job or chance of being fired anytime soon in NO.

Moreover I think it showed his players that he is willing to stand up for them. Take the fine and let the team know you got their back.

3 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Did Payton get fined? Because he was all over those refs when he thought they were hosing his team.

Ten large, I think. And correct, the fine was technically for running onto the field after they wouldn't grant his time out request, but that was just the more egregious offense such that they didn't have to issue a fine for the comments themselves.

Edited by puddinhead
4 hours ago, treboyplay said:

So Quinn gets us to the Super Bowl with the coaches he chose. Then the next yr when we’re down, some ppl think he’s a joke now because of who he hired this time around. Lol Would have never had a top offense without the ppl he hired in the first place. But I guess we can gloss over that. This is so comical. 

The people we call our fans. So comical.

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don't coaches and players get fined for blaming officials publicly? If so that explains why

Being angry at Quinn for not crying about the officials in a press conference is comical to me.  The officials sucked today there's no way around it.  With 1 game left and it being a win and in situation the last thing he needs to do is take on this victim mentality b/c next week we're likely not going to have everything go our way either.  Certainly won't if we make it to the playoffs.

4 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Moreover I think it showed his players that he is willing to stand up for them. Take the fine and let the team know you got their back.

Or he's taking the heat for his and his team's play, much like Mourinho does over here for Manchester United. 

It works to a point, until the players are absolved of any blame and think they are indispensable.

A good Coach flames the Refs for this game. It was a typical Saints home game. They can murder the QB(Brett Favre), they can go offside, and you get a false start and Pass Interference? Are you kidding me, not for the Saints.

You have to draw attention!

On the other side, you have also to flame(intern) your OC. It was a terrible playcalling. The offense hurt the team, with turnovers, not able to move the chain against a average defense, with one very good Corner and one good LB, and one good DE. Spread them out, they are very thin at coverage guys.

So Quinn will neither call the refs out and he will not call Sark out. So nothing will change

9 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

I understand the negative feelings toward Quinn. What I do not understand is his game management. I hate it when we have to waste a timeout. For example, when we went for it the first time on 4th down, we wasted a timeout because the offense was not sure what to do. If you are organized, you have plans A and B before the ball is hiked to run the 3rd down play. You tell your offense that we will go for it if its 4th and short and give them the play. As soon as the ball is blown dead after the 3rd down, confirm everything during the play clock and run the f'n play. 

Wasting a TO in that situation is inexcusable and a sign of disorganization.

This is one example and a very small sample size, however, it is the theme with the coaching this season.

Bro we were in hostile territory, that dome was rocking. So if they would have lined up wrong and got a penalty then what?