Please Convince Me That The NFL Is Not Rigged

I'm gonna go with Bill Burr on this... I've watched enough wrestling to know when the match is fixed.  I called it the last game when the refs were light on the Falcons, it would be made up the second game and sure enough it was.  Predictability in this context is not a good thing for the NFL.  The other side of this coin is the Falcons are also predictable, in that I knew the Saints would score a long TD before the half, just seen it too many times against this franchise.  Also the Superbowl debacle.  I was already outside chain smoking half way through the fourth quarter cause I had seen that before and the writing was on the wall....  

The NFL needs an outside source to scrutinize every game regarding the refs performance and blatant missed calls or poor calls need to be addressed in a satisfactory way

Edited by chitowndirtybird
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, chitowndirtybird said:

I'm gonna go with Bill Burr on this... I've watched enough wrestling to know when the match is fixed.  I called it the last game when the refs were light on the Falcons, it would be made up the second game and sure enough it was.  Predictability in this context is not a good thing for the NFL.  The other side of this coin is the Falcons are also predictable, in that I knew the Saints would score a long TD before the half, just seen it too many times against this franchise.  Also the Superbowl debacle.  I was already outside chain smoking half way through the fourth quarter cause I had seen that before and the writing was on the wall....  

The NFL needs an outside source to scrutinize every game regarding the refs performance and blatant missed calls or poor calls need to be addressed in a satisfactory way

Same. I feel exactly the same. I hadn’t had a drop of alcohol the whole game until the BS started. Then I knew just like you. Half a bottle was gone when the fourth started. 

3 hours ago, LasVegasFalconsFan said:

The NFL is not “rigged” as in they can rig the final score with certainty but games appear to be intentionally “nudged” in a certain direction  by the NFL to try to get a final outcome they would prefer

it wasn’t like this until the last 10 years or so

"Nudging" is a good word for it. These days I do believe that certain games are sacrificed to make for a more interesting season as a whole. This nudging could be for gambling, ratings or both. I would prefer not to believe that the NFL would do this sort of thing, but I've seen too many games now to know that human error on the part of the referees could not possibly be this bad. It's one thing to mess up on a non-reviewable penalty, but to use replay and still make a questionable decision shows that there is an agenda at work.

On 12/24/2017 at 3:32 PM, jlrfalcon said:

After watching the SuperBowl last year and today's game against New Orleans, I cannot convince myself that the NFL is not a bunch of rigged showboats that are part of some grand money-making machine.  The officials have more influence on determining the games than ever and teams that look great one week or season before can become garbage the next (and vice versa).  Players who are supposed to be professional make some of the stupidest mistakes while coaches and owners are more caught up with arguments over taking a knee than calls on the field going completely against them.

The only argument I have ever heard that is convincing is that it would be virtually impossible to keep this many players quiet even with a giant payout to each of them.  However, a game like today where the Falcons get no calls in their favor and are penalized at a rate almost 9 to 1 over the other is ridiculous.

Please convince me the NFL is not rigged!

Ya, I actually feel sorry for the NFL players.  They are risking serious injury and the games are being manipulated at a minimum and likely outright decided by the refs. 

We should all protest and stop buying NFL crap and watching the games. Viewership is way down this year already.  With this stuff going on, it will continue to decline.  

34 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

Ya, I actually feel sorry for the NFL players.  They are risking serious injury and the games are being manipulated at a minimum and likely outright decided by the refs. 

We should all protest and stop buying NFL crap and watching the games. Viewership is way down this year already.  With this stuff going on, it will continue to decline.  

Hit em in the wallets..they will get the message eventually or football will die