Please Convince Me That The NFL Is Not Rigged

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Problem with that theory is TATFers complain EVERY week about biased refereeing, but your answer assumes they waited until week 16 to decide who to rig the game for.

Again, NYC has two terrible teams - if the NFL were rigging games, wouldn't they exert that effort to help the #1 market?

Are you watching the games? Julio Jones is getting raped before the ball gets to him every week. Go hunt for a clue before you post.

10 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

You said not one game.  So now let’s move the goal post I guess.  Let’s go ahead and throw in Detroit, Seattle, and first TB game and now you have a full quarter of the season.

I️ said we haven’t done anything on offense all year. I️ guess we’re nkt allowed to exaggerate on this board. You’re right, our offense has been lights out this year and the refs our screwing us...

Just now, Diesel_Bird said:

I️ said we haven’t done anything on offense all year. I️ guess we’re nkt allowed to exaggerate on this board. You’re right, our offense has been lights out this year and the refs our screwing us...

So now that I’ve listed four games after you said no Games, you get pissy?  Have a fantastic Christmas.

3 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

How would it help the NFL if New Orleans had more success than Atlanta? Atlanta is the 8th largest TV market, New Orleans is 53rd? 

Yes, officiating is terrible. But if the NFL wanted to rig games, why on earth would they waste energy helping New Orleans?? Meanwhile the #1 market - New York - has two terrible teams. 

The whole take a knee thing. Think about it. 

2 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

**** dude , we're all pissed because of poor officiating , which was a contributing factor in the loss to a team we love . You on the other hand come here to insult people , on a fan page , for a team , you apparently don't care about ( seen a lot of your posts ) so I guess stupid is as stupid does.

No, you're wrong.  I am a Falcons fan and have been since 1978 (probably before most posters here were even born).  However, I can analyze a game and know where deficiencies lie when the Falcons lose.  And, they don't lie on the officiating.  OTOH, you apparently need to complain about officiating so that it comforts you in handling the loss, which means you not only are not mature enough to handle your emotions, but you fall for believing that faults lie beyond reality because you cannot properly analyze the game.  Hence, you are stupid.  That's not an insult, it's just my analysis.

Edited by bweb blapho
3 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

After watching the SuperBowl last year and today's game against New Orleans, I cannot convince myself that the NFL is not a bunch of rigged showboats that are part of some grand money-making machine.  The officials have more influence on determining the games than ever and teams that look great one week or season before can become garbage the next (and vice versa).  Players who are supposed to be professional make some of the stupidest mistakes while coaches and owners are more caught up with arguments over taking a knee than calls on the field going completely against them.

The only argument I have ever heard that is convincing is that it would be virtually impossible to keep this many players quiet even with a giant payout to each of them.  However, a game like today where the Falcons get no calls in their favor and are penalized at a rate almost 9 to 1 over the other is ridiculous.

Please convince me the NFL is not rigged!

The NFL invents "scandals" in order to support parity. 

3 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

After watching the SuperBowl last year and today's game against New Orleans, I cannot convince myself that the NFL is not a bunch of rigged showboats that are part of some grand money-making machine.  The officials have more influence on determining the games than ever and teams that look great one week or season before can become garbage the next (and vice versa).  Players who are supposed to be professional make some of the stupidest mistakes while coaches and owners are more caught up with arguments over taking a knee than calls on the field going completely against them.

The only argument I have ever heard that is convincing is that it would be virtually impossible to keep this many players quiet even with a giant payout to each of them.  However, a game like today where the Falcons get no calls in their favor and are penalized at a rate almost 9 to 1 over the other is ridiculous.

Please convince me the NFL is not rigged!

Why the sudden shortage of tin foil?

3 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

How would it help the NFL if New Orleans had more success than Atlanta? Atlanta is the 8th largest TV market, New Orleans is 53rd? 

Yes, officiating is terrible. But if the NFL wanted to rig games, why on earth would they waste energy helping New Orleans?? Meanwhile the #1 market - New York - has two terrible teams. 

There are at least two motives at work. One is that football is a gambling mainstream. Two, the ratings that get generated as a result of the Cowboys or Seahawks still having a chance for the playoffs, means more TV revenue. It's not about the NFL liking one team over another, or Vegas odds makers looking to stick it to an organization. It's about money.