Please Convince Me That The NFL Is Not Rigged

jlrfalcon

After watching the SuperBowl last year and today's game against New Orleans, I cannot convince myself that the NFL is not a bunch of rigged showboats that are part of some grand money-making machine.  The officials have more influence on determining the games than ever and teams that look great one week or season before can become garbage the next (and vice versa).  Players who are supposed to be professional make some of the stupidest mistakes while coaches and owners are more caught up with arguments over taking a knee than calls on the field going completely against them.

The only argument I have ever heard that is convincing is that it would be virtually impossible to keep this many players quiet even with a giant payout to each of them.  However, a game like today where the Falcons get no calls in their favor and are penalized at a rate almost 9 to 1 over the other is ridiculous.

Please convince me the NFL is not rigged!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would it help the NFL if New Orleans had more success than Atlanta? Atlanta is the 8th largest TV market, New Orleans is 53rd? 

Yes, officiating is terrible. But if the NFL wanted to rig games, why on earth would they waste energy helping New Orleans?? Meanwhile the #1 market - New York - has two terrible teams. 

Just now, Kaptain Krazy said:

How would it help the NFL if New Orleans had more success than Atlanta? Atlanta is the 8th largest TV market, New Orleans is 53rd? 

Yes, officiating is terrible. But if the NFL wanted to rig games, why on earth would they waste energy helping New Orleans?? Meanwhile the #1 market - New York - has two terrible teams. 

Viewership for Seattle Dallas would have tanked. It's not about the Saints.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Viewership for Seattle Dallas would have tanked. It's not about the Saints.

Problem with that theory is TATFers complain EVERY week about biased refereeing, but your answer assumes they waited until week 16 to decide who to rig the game for.

Again, NYC has two terrible teams - if the NFL were rigging games, wouldn't they exert that effort to help the #1 market?

1 minute ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Problem with that theory is TATFers complain EVERY week about biased refereeing, but your answer assumes they waited until week 16 to decide who to rig the game for.

Again, NYC has two terrible teams - if the NFL were rigging games, wouldn't they exert that effort to help the #1 market?

One question. Do you have functioning eyes?

17 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

After watching the SuperBowl last year and today's game against New Orleans, I cannot convince myself that the NFL is not a bunch of rigged showboats that are part of some grand money-making machine.  The officials have more influence on determining the games than ever and teams that look great one week or season before can become garbage the next (and vice versa).  Players who are supposed to be professional make some of the stupidest mistakes while coaches and owners are more caught up with arguments over taking a knee than calls on the field going completely against them.

The only argument I have ever heard that is convincing is that it would be virtually impossible to keep this many players quiet even with a giant payout to each of them.  However, a game like today where the Falcons get no calls in their favor and are penalized at a rate almost 9 to 1 over the other is ridiculous.

Please convince me the NFL is not rigged!

In my 20 years of watching the Falcons, I have never seen a game so blatantly fixed. If anyone says that the NFL is not rigged, they are the ones who are full of BS.

Just now, Diesel_Bird said:

Refs made some bad call. But falcons got their ***** kicked up and down the field. Wasn’t the first time this season, not sure why people are surprised 

Let’s get the falcons on the goaline twice so they had a chance twice to score. Debo could have got that Pick 6 easy but he wasn’t going full speed. All this crap keeps up and McMahon will definitely have a profitable league. Also the hard hitting will return without penalties 

12 minutes ago, Mojojojo said:

I'm not typically a conspiracist but, the Falcons losing this week means that the Dallas/Seattle game actually means something, and that the week 17 wildcard race will be "exciting"

The refs held the flag on the Saints until it didn't matter anymore. This game was decided before kick off.

13 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

See post below your original post for your answer