Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpongeDad

UFO's: A Serious Discussion

144 posts in this topic

Theories I buy:

• Life exists somewhere else in the universe
  • That it's possible to travel beyond light speed (but any debris in the way would be a serious problem)

Image result for thumbs up gif

Theories I'm skeptical about but don't completely dismiss:

• Advanced civilizations that can travel to Earth
  • Aliens *have* traveled to Earth

Related image

B.S. (IMO):

• Worm holes or folding space in half to cover great distances.
  • Multiverse theory (that every decision you make creates an alternate universe)
  • Time travel

Image result for pfft gif

big_dog likes this

4 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

B.S. (IMO):

Multiverse theory (that every decision you make creates an alternate universe)

That's one of the kickers to String Theory. But it's not creating a new universe with every decision, it's that you and everything exists in infinite universes (multiverse) but reality is slightly different in each universe. In one universe, you're president of the United States. In another, your life is exactly the same but you're wearing pink boxers instead. And in another, you don't exist at all.

String Theory is a theory that tries to combine the subatomic scale with the normal scale of physics. Atoms act totally different than a baseball, but yet the baseball is made of these atoms. Physicists have been trying to figure this out since the atom was discovered. 

7 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

This thread is slowly turning into the Trump thread :(

I knew this would happen.

Not really. Nobody has called anyone a Nazi and the lame gifs are to a minimum. Really  though it's dudes who are normally arguing with each other just **** talking each other in a friendly way. 

On a personal note I was kinda disappointed with big dogs story. I was like 65% sure there was going to be an abduction somewhere in there. :(

SpongeDad likes this

10 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

This thread is slowly turning into the Trump thread :(

I knew this would happen.

I think some of the shyt I've seen the past year is a fine example of string theory 

SpongeDad and falconsd56 like this

10 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I think some of the shyt I've seen the past year is a fine example of string theory 

There is a possibility that reality is holographic and we live in a simulated universe. There is evidence to support this. So that could mean that the aliens could be our overlords. 

This may have some substance to it. 

falconsd56 and AF89 like this

13 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

That's one of the kickers to String Theory. But it's not creating a new universe with every decision, it's that you and everything exists in infinite universes (multiverse) but reality is slightly different in each universe. In one universe, you're president of the United States. In another, your life is exactly the same but you're wearing pink boxers instead. And in another, you don't exist at all.

Ya whoever came up with that one was on some serious drugs.  Don't buy it at all.

11 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

This is the equation 

BStringModeSum.gif

Image result for spaceballs now gif

That said, I still simply don't buy the multiverse theory.  And yes it is a theory.  

That said there's a good movie on the subject that I enjoyed:

Image result for coherence movie

On 12/20/2017 at 7:14 PM, AF89 said:

This made me laugh like a loon yesterday 

Here's the Navy pilot describing what he saw. He looks like an alien, himself.

AF89 likes this

59 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Here's the Navy pilot describing what he saw. He looks like an alien, himself.

Those ******* aliens stole the bass out of that poor man's voice. B*******!!!!!:rant:

defcon4 likes this

On 12/21/2017 at 6:44 AM, SpongeDad said:

I'm not sold on wormholes either. But the example I showed in the video is not a wormhole but actually collapsing the space between two objects regardless of distance.

My first thought.

How would the callasping of space and the gravitational field effect other planets and bodies along the path?

7 hours ago, defcon4 said:

My first thought.

How would the callasping of space and the gravitational field effect other planets and bodies along the path?

I think the space itself that is collapsed is a higher dimension than the 3 dimensional reality we live in. Carl Sagen gives a perfect example of how we can't see it. Again, String theory says there are 11 dimensions (scary). 

When people describe a ufo basicly "blinking out like a light bulb" and disappearing, I believe they are entering a higher dimension unknown and impossible for us to experience.

defcon4 and Passprotection like this