Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpongeDad

UFO's: A Serious Discussion

128 posts in this topic

Let me start with a quote from my favorite quantum physicist, Michio Kaku..ec16b8d64bea2dabd1d030d74487.jpeg

There are 100 billion galaxies in the visible universe. There are 100 billion stars inside each of those galaxies. If you multiply them together, you come up with an astronomical number. You have to be supremely arrogant to believe we are the only ones in town.

This thread is for those who want to have an intellectual discussion of the foregone conclusion that we are not alone in the universe. This isn't a conspiracy theorist thread. But instead I will show testimony from extremely credible witnesses and mass sightings that can't be denied. 

Rendlesham Forest incident

Just now, AF89 said:

That aliens exist is a mathematical certainty. That there are any within a 100 lightyears of us (besides simple life forms) is the question.

Here's where the quantum physics kicks in.

1) You, like 99.9% of most people, believe that to get from Point A to Point B, you travel in a straight line for the shortest route.

2) The speed of light is the universal speed limit. The human body can't travel at the speed of light because the atoms in our body would break down to elementary particles.

3) Even if we could travel at the speed of light, the light years would be too many for any human lifespan.

But what if I told you that if you bring Point A and point B together by drawing the space between them together, you basically travel no distance. Space is like a big sheet that can be manipulated. This isn't "wormholes" by bending the sheet over onto itself but shrinking space itself.

Click play and I have the video set at the right time to show you an example.

40 years ago (because I don't believe in that Roswell BS) I was night fishing on a military base (Quantico) around 2am, this light came down upon my brother in-law and myself.  It moved at great speeds, doing things I've never seen any kind of aircraft do.  It started following us around the lake (we were wading) and it scared the living bejesus out of us then took off in a flash.  To this day we never could explain what it was. 

58 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

40 years ago (because I don't believe in that Roswell BS) I was night fishing on a military base (Quantico) around 2am, this light came down upon my brother in-law and myself.  It moved at great speeds, doing things I've never seen any kind of aircraft do.  It started following us around the lake (we were wading) and it scared the living bejesus out of us then took off in a flash.  To this day we never could explain what it was. 

They are called fireflies, Simple Jack.

Leon Troutsky likes this

Oooh! I like this topic. I don't have much to add other than I certainly do believe in life beyond our planet but what do I know? I posted a thread what, 8-10 years ago now, about UFOs, Bigfoot and Ghosts? Maybe not that long but it was a while back nonetheless. This stuff fascinates me to no end. I'll be watching this thread to see where it goes! Good topic SpongeDad!

32 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

Oooh! I like this topic. I don't have much to add other than I certainly do believe in life beyond our planet but what do I know? I posted a thread what, 8-10 years ago now, about UFOs, Bigfoot and Ghosts? Maybe not that long but it was a while back nonetheless. This stuff fascinates me to no end. I'll be watching this thread to see where it goes! Good topic SpongeDad!

Yep, I remember that thread!

NCFalconfan and SkerFalcon8710 like this

It might be that nothing near us is still alive, and nothing far away has detected us yet or prioritized making contact. There might just not be any reason for a higher intelligence to seek contact with a civilization that hasn't gotten out of its own solar system. It's not like we'd have much to do with the information that a galaxy traveling intelligence was aware of our existence and could come here at any time, which pretty much means for that type of intelligence that we're just wildlife. Trying to talk to us to them would be like you going out in the woods with your buddy to smoke his one-hitter and suddenly he's trying to have a conversation with a woodpecker you can just barely hear off in the distance.

SpongeDad likes this

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Probably base security (or VEPCO) trying to get you and your BIL's attention due to both of you fishing in the Potomac at two in the morning!

Knight of God and Regular Guy like this

5 hours ago, AF89 said:

That aliens exist is a mathematical certainty. That there are any within a 100 lightyears of us (besides simple life forms) is the question.

I wouldn't say certainty but close to it.  Ie... I'm 99.99% sure there is life out there somewhere.  It's the distances between star systems and planets or moons that might have life that's the issue.

4 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

Here's where the quantum physics kicks in.

1) You, like 99.9% of most people, believe that to get from Point A to Point B, you travel in a straight line for the shortest route.

2) The speed of light is the universal speed limit. The human body can't travel at the speed of light because the atoms in our body would break down to elementary particles.

3) Even if we could travel at the speed of light, the light years would be too many for any human lifespan.

But what if I told you that if you bring Point A and point B together by drawing the space between them together, you basically travel no distance. Space is like a big sheet that can be manipulated. This isn't "wormholes" by bending the sheet over onto itself but shrinking space itself.

Click play and I have the video set at the right time to show you an example.

Ya I've seen the worm hole theory many times in several movies and tv shows.  Fold the piece of paper over and stick a pencil through it.  Wala...wormhole.  I also don't buy it at all.  How the F do you fold space over and create a shortcut?  Seriously, build me something that does this...  It sounds about as feasible as time travel.  Which is pretty much next to impossible.

I do think it's remotely possible that some super advanced civilization found ways to cover great distances in space but probably not via wormholes IMO.  

SpongeDad likes this

The technology to travel across the universe is probably way out of our species's league. There might not be any way of transporting all we presently define as ourselves because transporting more than a miniscule bit of matter might be tremendously more taxing than only passing the minimum necessary to communicate information. It might require a collective consciousness to functionally "travel" to far away destinations and retain the consciousness in a machine or a new organism that bears no physical relation to what sent the message. Making a wormhole and making a wormhole a person could use to travel across the universe might be the difference between technology that could exist and technology that can't. 

defcon4 and SpongeDad like this

1 hour ago, The Legendary SB said:

I wouldn't say certainty but close to it.  Ie... I'm 99.99% sure there is life out there somewhere.  It's the distances between star systems and planets or moons that might have life that's the issue.

Ya I've seen the worm hole theory many times in several movies and tv shows.  Fold the piece of paper over and stick a pencil through it.  Wala...wormhole.  I also don't buy it at all.  How the F do you fold space over and create a shortcut?  Seriously, build me something that does this...  It sounds about as feasible as time travel.  Which is pretty much next to impossible.

I do think it's remotely possible that some super advanced civilization found ways to cover great distances in space but probably not via wormholes IMO.  

Well... If someone could have told our ancestors that we would one day walk on the moon, they would probably have felt the same disbelief that you feel right now...

Our planet's "Technological Age" has just begun.

2 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

They are not describing the wormhole theory, actually, something very different I’ve never heard of.  

My parents woke up one night and saw a light shining in the sky and I was about 8 or so. They watched it for a little while while it hovered and moved to and fro then ZIP it was gone.  The next morning there were news reports on sighting all over the southeast by many people. This was back in the 70's. I was young but very interested in this stuff and was pretty ticked they didn't wake me.

Fast forward a few years and my sister was going home one night she lived in a rural area down bunch back roads and she said something flew over the top of her car and stayed just above her and followed her up the road a ways then took off and was gone.

THEN.....about 5 years ago my wife was sitting on our back deck. (we live out in the woods away from town so no light pollution at all) waiting for me because we do that a lot in the summer months. We sit out and watch for satellites and shooting stars. This night she came in the house and said come look at this. Just northeast of us there was a light in the sky that would move almost in a triangle pattern..stop and then back and forth.It did this for about 5 minutes and then it was gone.

SpongeDad likes this

7 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

I'm not sold on wormholes either. But the example I showed in the video is not a wormhole but actually collapsing the space between two objects regardless of distance.

Skeetbird likes this

6 hours ago, Vogelgryff said:

Well... If someone could have told our ancestors that we would one day walk on the moon, they would probably have felt the same disbelief that you feel right now...

Our planet's "Technological Age" has just begun.

Or better yet, placing food inside a metal box (microwave) that heats without fire,

12 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Moonshine and Maui Wowie is what it was.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

Or better yet, placing food inside a metal box (microwave) that heats without fire,

Or being able to yell at anyone around the world without leaving your home.

shc likes this

3 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

My parents woke up one night and saw a light shining in the sky and I was about 8 or so. They watched it for a little while while it hovered and moved to and fro then ZIP it was gone.  The next morning there were news reports on sighting all over the southeast by many people. This was back in the 70's. I was young but very interested in this stuff and was pretty ticked they didn't wake me.

Fast forward a few years and my sister was going home one night she lived in a rural area down bunch back roads and she said something flew over the top of her car and stayed just above her and followed her up the road a ways then took off and was gone.

THEN.....about 5 years ago my wife was sitting on our back deck. (we live out in the woods away from town so no light pollution at all) waiting for me because we do that a lot in the summer months. We sit out and watch for satellites and shooting stars. This night she came in the house and said come look at this. Just northeast of us there was a light in the sky that would move almost in a triangle pattern..stop and then back and forth.It did this for about 5 minutes and then it was gone.

In some ways I want to see something like that but at the same time I don't. I love great white sharks but I don't want to be lowered in a cage to see one.

Skeetbird likes this

1972 I was on a country road on a clear summer night. I saw a perfectly round sphere (globe) the size of a softball just about 100 yards or so off the ground in front of me. It was deep yellow color and moving very slow from my left to my right. During its slow movement it stopped and remained still for a few seconds. Then changed its size from a softball to a large garbage can lid and in doing so it went from yellow to bright orange. Then instantly it shrunk back down to its original size and shot upward perpendicular to the ground going at a speed that was unbelievably fast. I followed its movement for about two minutes until it was nothing but a white dot far in the sky.

defcon4 and SpongeDad like this

15 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

Probably base security (or VEPCO) trying to get you and your BIL's attention due to both of you fishing in the Potomac at two in the morning!

Nah 31, it was a small lake on the base at Quantico.  We had permission (back then you could get base passes for sporting) and you had to check in before you entered this particular area.  Reason being because it was in a test site area.  

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Nah 31, it was a small lake on the base at Quantico.  We had permission (back then you could get base passes for sporting) and you had to check in before you entered this particular area.  Reason being because it was in a test site area.  

You know you and your BIL got busted fishing near the discharge to the power plant!  :lol::lol: