Chattanooga TV won't show Falcons versus Saints

Doctor Kildare

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is almost 2018 not 2008.  There are plenty of ways to watch the game in HD from the comfort of your home with nothing invested.  And it is nothing like it was say 5 years ago with viruses and constant interruptions.  I miss more time going to get stuff than losing the connection.

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

It's not a cool story for the thousands of long time Falcon fans in the Chattanooga area who have been following the team decades before Nashville polititians lured the oilers from their home in Houston.

Yeah Chattanooga tv sucks. That's twice this year. But I have Verizon so I can watch on my phone

50 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I feel for those not being able to watch.  I've been watching the Falcons for 50 years and from Virginia, which means there were many years I didn't see but that rare game when the Skins weren't on.  I was an early sattelite pioneer before there was the NFL Sunday Ticket.  When they made that available I've been on it ever since.  Sports bar, NFL Ticket, whatever, don't miss a Falcons game.  

When I lived in Charlotte from '03 to '14, at the beginning I would go to the Smokey Bones every Sunday and sit at the bar and watch the Falcons. After 3 years we moved to another house and Time Warner cable or whoever we had wanted to charge me all this money to move my cable and Direct TV said they would charge me nothing to set up. So I got Direct TV and then got the NFL Ticket for the remainder of the time I was there. No way I'd miss the game every Sunday. I'd go where I had to go, etc. Actually met some good Falcons' fans at that bar who when the Panthers came to Charlotte they kept their allegiance to Atlanta from all the years they had watched them before the Panthers came to town. 

1 hour ago, EJmusic said:

It's not like the Titans Just became a team. **** y'all it's been 20 years!!! Let it go or MOVE!!!! 

Yes it is, you don't replace television programming like  "The Andy Griffith Show" with "Green Acres" after showing "The Andy Griffith Show" all that time in the past. :lol:

And BTW : You must be a Titans fan with a comment like that, no doubt you are anti-Falcons fan with comments like that. 

OH Shiz!!!!!! I just figured it out!!! Mike Mularkey, is that you again??? :lol: Yuck you too!!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by WinningIsTheOnlyOption

2 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

It's not a cool story for the thousands of long time Falcon fans in the Chattanooga area who have been following the team decades before Nashville polititians lured the oilers from their home in Houston.

I remember years ago stopping in a dive called "Bud's Brainerd" on Brainerd road and watching the Falcons. There were some hard core Falcon fans in there and this was way back in the Bartkowski days.

You should be able to find it in a bar or drive just a few miles across the state line. You have any friends in Ringold or Dalton?

Chattanooga SHOULD be part of Georgia anyway. It's been disputed for quite awhile. ;)

I think a lot of fans in this thread are from other parts of the country and do not see the big deal when they have to find other means to watch the games. The difference is that Chattanooga has had one of the greatest concentrations of Falcon fans for many years. And any effort to shut the Falcons completely out of Chattanooga strikes a blow at the numbers of the overall fanbase which already trails the size of the traditional and bandwagon team fan numbers.

12 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

I remember years ago stopping in a dive called "Bud's Brainerd" on Brainerd road and watching the Falcons. There were some hard core Falcon fans in there and this was way back in the Bartkowski days.

You should be able to find it in a bar or drive just a few miles across the state line. You have any friends in Ringold or Dalton?

Chattanooga SHOULD be part of Georgia anyway. It's been disputed for quite awhile. ;)

The problem is that Ringgold and Dalton only get Chattanooga TV.

3 hours ago, fuego said:

Aren't the Titans basically the 'home' team for Chattanooga? I would assume you get all the Titans' games, right?

The Falcons have been on tv in Chattanooga as long as I can remember.  They started showing the Titans in 1998.  The Falcons have been the “home” team far longer in Chattanooga than the Titans.

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I go to Chattanooga often, I know way more Falcons fans than the Titan fans. 

Yeah me too. It's always felt like Georgia's most northern city to my eyes :shrug:

Sort of like Cincinnati is as much a part of northern Kentucky as it is southern Ohio.

3 hours ago, fuego said:

Aren't the Titans basically the 'home' team for Chattanooga? I would assume you get all the Titans' games, right?

i was surprised they didn't show the titans game in east tennessee yesterday. i can't tell you the last time they weren't on tv.

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Your in Chatt town man. Just head over to Big River or something an order some drinks, they'll have the game.

Not sure if you’re talking to me here.  I don’t need to go to a bar; I have a very good streaming site I use for every game.  It’s the older, non-computer savvy Falcon fans that don’t know anything about streaming and don’t want to go to a bar that I feel for.  It sucks for them.

5 hours ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

Yes it is, you don't replace television programming like  "The Andy Griffith Show" with "Green Acres" after showing "The Andy Griffith Show" all that time in the past. :lol:

And BTW : You must be a Titans fan with a comment like that, no doubt you are anti-Falcons fan with comments like that. 

OH Shiz!!!!!! I just figured it out!!! Mike Mularkey, is that you again??? :lol: Yuck you too!!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!! 

Anti Falcons because they don't show Falcons in TENNESSEE!? Calm down there fella! Go Falcons! 

i live in ringgold, ga and if you don't have directv with sunday ticket--you get chattanooga local channels!  i say call fox 61 and complain...i used to do that all of the time before i got nfl ticket.  i called in on sport talk, called the station itself and several times the people at the station didn't even realize it was being shown.  one time it got so bad someone from the local fox told me to call fox national and gave me a number.  i called it and they said let me get you over to david hill.  they put my call right through to this guy who was very angry about the situation and said chattanooga is in the atlanta footprint for nfl and told me he would get it straightened out!  and he did!  for several years this situation didn't come up again--i bet fox is under new management and the new guy is a titans fan.

but that same david hill that we spoke to is or was a big time guy with fox sports.  i started noticing after all of the nfl games or any other major sporting events they would say in the announced credits thanks to all of these people and the last guy mentioned was always david hill.