Thomas Davis

RYNE

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone but some on here act like they have never seen a hit like that before. Those are gonna happen from time to time, this is a contact sport with men running really fast. You cant expect for players to not hit each other. Its a part of the game. Mistakes happen. 

Some of you need to go watch ballet and dancing, you whine, b*tch, and complain about every hit you see. 

22 hours ago, caponine said:

Not everyone but some on here act like they have never seen a hit like that before. Those are gonna happen from time to time, this is a contact sport with men running really fast. You cant expect for players to not hit each other. Its a part of the game. Mistakes happen. 

Some of you need to go watch ballet and dancing, you whine, b*tch, and complain about every hit you see. 

Bro, this specific instance is indefensible. He had a clear option to not do what is clearly taught these days: Can't hit ABOVE NECK IN ANY WAY against a defenseless player. Period. He can't defend Davis at all. Davis sized him up and launched toward the head with his own helmet. Just a fact.

5 minutes ago, slimjim said:

Bro, this specific instance is indefensible. He had a clear option to not do what is clearly taught these days: Can't hit ABOVE NECK IN ANY WAY against a defenseless player. Period. He can't engage Davis at all. Davis sized him up and launched toward the head with his own helmet. Just a fact.

Also this happened to Adams last year from Trevatian (sp?) Two head shots like that it might be time to think about a career change.

I don't understand how some of you can possibly defend his actions on that hit.  It wasn't an accident.  An accident would be if he was lowering himself into Adams while he himself was doing down.  Davis left his feet, head first, and obliterated a guy in the head who had no clue it was coming.  You mean to tell me Davis didn't mean to try and take his head off?  

It doesn't matter if he's supposedly a great guy.  It doesn't matter that he seemed quite remorseful on the sidelines afterwards.  Davis should feel like crap.  He didn't need to launch himself like a missile into Adams' head.  He may not be dirty (for the record, this is the 2nd time he will receive punishment this year), but this was a dirty play, and he knows it.  Heat of the moment, ok.  Accidental?  Not a chance.  

He should feel very fortunate when he gets away with 1 game and a hefty fine.  Who knows what happens to Adams from here on out?  

21 hours ago, caponine said:

no it was not, this is football. Stuff happens, it was an accident. I dont think he is dirty at all. He is a class act to me honestly. Fine him but suspend him for what ?? 

we as fans can say these things easily because we are at home sitting on our couches but playing on the field is another thing.

That hit was dirty af. He led with the crown of his helmet and aimed at Adams' head. 

1.  lead with head

2.  Hit in ear hole

3.  Launched off feet

4.  Completed the move by trying to hit with right elbow

Yea.  That was a dirty play.  Easy to feel bad after when you know you are going to be fined and/or suspended.  My buddy felt bad when he cheated on his wife, but while he was in that hotel room...   

Someone doesn't have to have previous or a reputation in order to be capable of something bad.

Just as I'm sure many fans use the reverse to defend players against negative pigeonholing.

He clearly meant it. Adrenaline, bad intent, heat of the moment etc nobody knows but him but that was not an unlucky coincidence of timing that lead to that head to head hit.

If any of our players did that I'd be fuming with them, who he plays for means nothing to me.

21 hours ago, RYNE said:

Image result for thomas davis hit davante adams gif

100% intentional 

Mixed feelings here.  Davis is a great guy in the community and a former Dawg.  That said, seeing that replay it’s hard to believe he didn’t do that intentionally.  It’s easy to be remorseful when you know the league is gonna hit up those pockets, etc.  If Devante Adams gets up and walks off after a play like that away from the ball nobody talks about it and he doesn’t get fined.

Mind you, I’m still a bit salty about his faux concern about Freeman and saying that he had been concussed in the week prior but that he wished him the best.  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Gee-Q said:

He will get a 1-game suspension.  If he doesn't then NFL will have tons of explaining to do...

In the middle of a division race?  Naw.  He’d have to go Talib/Crabtree for that.  At least Juju and stand over top of a guy.  Can’t see any way the NFL suspends him for a game.  Especially if he’s not a repeat offender for hits like this.

21 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

this.

thomas davis is always a high class guy and clearly did not mean to do so. the fact some of you are questioning that is pretty outlandish, even for being division rivals.

The fact that some people aren't questioning it should be impressive for division rivals. Debo got tons of hate by division rivals (mostly Saints, duh) for pretty obviously accidental helmet to helmet on someone paying attention. I don't think Davis meant to seriously hurt him, personally, but it's way more questionable and the dude he took out wasn't going to affect the play considering there was a heads up blocker there too.

You do this subtle sh*tting on Falcons fans thing a lot. I prefer unbridled hatred. 

23 hours ago, caponine said:

no it was not, this is football. Stuff happens, it was an accident. I dont think he is dirty at all. He is a class act to me honestly. Fine him but suspend him for what ?? 

we as fans can say these things easily because we are at home sitting on our couches but playing on the field is another thing.

Agreed, he is a middle LB- a savage for sure, dirty player not even close.  Split second call, in no way dirty.

1 minute ago, THE-Falconlifer said:

Still don't think so, he turned and from that angle where else does he block him.  And you cant say don't block him...different mentality at his position.  Was it a bad hit, of course ...flag/fine and that's it.

Away from the play, launches into off his feet and goes helmet to helmet.  I betcha Davis wouldn't liked that type of hit on him?