Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UGABOZ

2017-2018 UGA Basketball

578 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, Doctor Kildare said:

The Bulldogs are the last SEC team mentioned in the "needs work to do" section of ESPN bubble watch

61.png?w=110&h=110

Georgia
(13-9, 4-6 SEC)

RPI SOS BPI SOR
57th 25th 79th 59th

The Bulldogs look like a tournament long shot, but a win at home over Florida and a win on a neutral floor against Saint Mary's constitute sufficient grounds for inclusion under "work to do." If nothing else, the Bulldogs have the interior defense to keep themselves in the hunt

They are now totally absent in the latest bubble watch. But if Bryce Brown doesn't play or is limited, Georgia may have a good chance of picking up a win that will look good.

Came into this year thinking we could get a win in the NCAA tournament.  UGA is not going to any tournament.  This team might win 2 more games.  Every time Mark Fox has preseason expectations then this team just falls flat on their face.  We need a change.    

Thank you Mark Fox for a wasted season.  Good job on wasting the talent of Yante Maten

2015 - NCAA first round loss

2016 - NIT second round loss

2017 - NIT first round loss

2018 - I am predicting a first round loss in SEC tournament, we will be under .500

95Dawg likes this

This was a nail in the coffin type game... the players have given up on Fox. Auburn was missing their arguable best player and we got out rebounded by a much smaller team. 

12 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

This was a nail in the coffin type game... the players have given up on Fox. Auburn was missing their arguable best player and we got out rebounded by a much smaller team. 

I think Fox sees the light and he knows he might be done.  

Bdawg58 likes this

53 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

before the season Fox was assured by mcgarity that if he achieved 16 wins (been reported by multiple sources) that he would be back as head coach.  there are a few boosters and guys who know fox who have posted that on different boards.. however due to how bad the last 10 games were that has changed and mark fox won't be our coach next year. it sounds like due to how toxic it is right now and how angry the fan base is that the original comments are no longer valid. 

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

before the season Fox was assured by mcgarity that if he achieved 16 wins (been reported by multiple sources) that he would be back as head coach.  there are a few boosters and guys who know fox who have posted that on different boards.. however due to how bad the last 10 games were that has changed and mark fox won't be our coach next year. it sounds like due to how toxic it is right now and how angry the fan base is that the original comments are no longer valid. 

he he seems to be a nice guy

but Mark it's time

Dilly dilly

49 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Probably a moot point anyway.  Don’t see any way this pathetic team wins 3 more games anyway 

10 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Probably a moot point anyway.  Don’t see any way this pathetic team wins 3 more games anyway 

Not sure I see one win. 

Maybe LSU at home or SC away. But if the team quit the season is over

Real time RPI has UGA at 15-15 with wins over A&M and LSU at home. They give huge advantages to the home teams though. I think Tennessee likely sweeps UGA and Florida wins that game.

I could see 2 wins, but I don't know if I see much more than that. From the sounds of it, I think everyone else could live with that if it meant Fox leaving. 

95Dawg likes this

whoever we hire needs to be a very good offensive coach.  playing great defense is all about effort..  playing great offensive so often is scheme and of course having the right players. 

I'd be all over Tom Crean. He's proven he can win and has multiple wins in March under his belt. He could certainly improve on what Fox has done

59 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'd be all over Tom Crean. He's proven he can win and has multiple wins in March under his belt. He could certainly improve on what Fox has done

I second Crean.  And he would probably come at a discount since he is unemployed.  McCheapity would be all over that.  And hopefully he would retain Jonas Hayes.  What are your thoughts on Jeff Capel getting a tour shot at a head coaching job?

2 hours ago, 007dawg said:

I second Crean.  And he would probably come at a discount since he is unemployed.  McCheapity would be all over that.  And hopefully he would retain Jonas Hayes.  What are your thoughts on Jeff Capel getting a tour shot at a head coaching job?

Wouldn't be a bad hire. Capel is an excellent recruiter. He's not the best X's and O's guy but he'll get the talent. He could have got the Arizona State job but Coach K convinced him to stay at Duke.