Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UGABOZ

2017-2018 UGA Basketball

578 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the lady dawgs are 20-3.. yeah Joni has done a great job and her next recruiting class is very very good.. 

Dang. I was close atleast. 

Can she pull double duty coaching?

fibonaccisquared and TheTrue7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/after-years-hasn-happened-for-uga-fox-probably-won/lNLFjyWK6TBz2EyiWT4scL/

 

Bradley dropping it hard on Fox

"The Power 5 conferences include 65 basketball programs. If we add the Big East and the American, two leagues that have claimed NCAA titles this decade, the number grows to 89. Among those 89 coaches, 21 have worked for their current employer since the start of the 2009-2010 season. 

Of those 21, seven have won national championships. Ten have taken teams to the Final Four. Fifteen have reached the Elite Eight. Eighteen have qualified for the Sweet 16. Twenty have won at least one NCAA tournament game in their current posting. The exception coaches the Georgia Bulldogs. "

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

http://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/after-years-hasn-happened-for-uga-fox-probably-won/lNLFjyWK6TBz2EyiWT4scL/

 

Bradley dropping it hard on Fox

"The Power 5 conferences include 65 basketball programs. If we add the Big East and the American, two leagues that have claimed NCAA titles this decade, the number grows to 89. Among those 89 coaches, 21 have worked for their current employer since the start of the 2009-2010 season. 

Of those 21, seven have won national championships. Ten have taken teams to the Final Four. Fifteen have reached the Elite Eight. Eighteen have qualified for the Sweet 16. Twenty have won at least one NCAA tournament game in their current posting. The exception coaches the Georgia Bulldogs. "

giphy-downsized-large.gif

THAT sums it up nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

http://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/after-years-hasn-happened-for-uga-fox-probably-won/lNLFjyWK6TBz2EyiWT4scL/

 

Bradley dropping it hard on Fox

"The Power 5 conferences include 65 basketball programs. If we add the Big East and the American, two leagues that have claimed NCAA titles this decade, the number grows to 89. Among those 89 coaches, 21 have worked for their current employer since the start of the 2009-2010 season. 

Of those 21, seven have won national championships. Ten have taken teams to the Final Four. Fifteen have reached the Elite Eight. Eighteen have qualified for the Sweet 16. Twenty have won at least one NCAA tournament game in their current posting. The exception coaches the Georgia Bulldogs. "

giphy-downsized-large.gif

so sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

so sad

So true. 

Weve got football headed in the right direction and the lady dawgs. 

Now ole Ears needs to get the men's basketball fixed as there's been plenty enough time to know what we got. Fox = NIT

Also the baseball coaching needs to be fixed after basketball 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

http://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/after-years-hasn-happened-for-uga-fox-probably-won/lNLFjyWK6TBz2EyiWT4scL/

 

Bradley dropping it hard on Fox

"The Power 5 conferences include 65 basketball programs. If we add the Big East and the American, two leagues that have claimed NCAA titles this decade, the number grows to 89. Among those 89 coaches, 21 have worked for their current employer since the start of the 2009-2010 season. 

Of those 21, seven have won national championships. Ten have taken teams to the Final Four. Fifteen have reached the Elite Eight. Eighteen have qualified for the Sweet 16. Twenty have won at least one NCAA tournament game in their current posting. The exception coaches the Georgia Bulldogs. "

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Preaching to the choir here, but this is ridiculous. Get this guy out of a job.

95Dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bulldogs are the last SEC team mentioned in the "needs work to do" section of ESPN bubble watch


61.png?w=110&h=110

Georgia
(13-9, 4-6 SEC)

RPI SOS BPI SOR
57th 25th 79th 59th

The Bulldogs look like a tournament long shot, but a win at home over Florida and a win on a neutral floor against Saint Mary's constitute sufficient grounds for inclusion under "work to do." If nothing else, the Bulldogs have the interior defense to keep themselves in the hunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

just delete the game.  Not worth watching. 

i just turned it on and saw we didn't have a basket for over 6 minutes.. oh we stink.. can we just fire fox tonight and leave him in nashville.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SacFalcFan said:

i just turned it on and saw we didn't have a basket for over 6 minutes.. oh we stink.. can we just fire fox tonight and leave him in nashville.. 

He needs to go and if McGarity keeps him.  Please no renewal on his contract next year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, usmcdirtybird said:

He needs to go and if McGarity keeps him.  Please no renewal on his contract next year.  

mcgarity is gone actually after next year.. there won't be a renewal..  that is a reason why people believe fox won't be fired and will be given another year.. hard to hire a new coach when your ad is gone in a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SacFalcFan said:

mcgarity is gone actually after next year.. there won't be a renewal..  that is a reason why people believe fox won't be fired and will be given another year.. hard to hire a new coach when your ad is gone in a year. 

I see a team that has quit on him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a continuous issue... we can’t score when we need to. Our offense is pathetic and it’s not like we don’t have decent to good players, it’s the scheme. I hope firing him won’t affect the recruiting class but at this point I’m not sure I care anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bdawg58 said:

It’s a continuous issue... we can’t score when we need to. Our offense is pathetic and it’s not like we don’t have decent to good players, it’s the scheme. I hope firing him won’t affect the recruiting class but at this point I’m not sure I care anymore 

I know when the team comes down the court.  Pass to the right, back to the top of the key, to the left.  then back.  Fox can go back to Nevada.  

Bdawg58 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

It’s a continuous issue... we can’t score when we need to. Our offense is pathetic and it’s not like we don’t have decent to good players, it’s the scheme. I hope firing him won’t affect the recruiting class but at this point I’m not sure I care anymore 

yep.. it's been a problem though the entire time coach fox has been in athens. players change, but the issues remain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean where’s Crump? Is too hard to ask to put the best players on the court? Why in the world Mike Edwards even gets playing time is beyond me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I mean where’s Crump? Is too hard to ask to put the best players on the court? Why in the world Mike Edwards even gets playing time is beyond me

EW and hightower are playing.. crump is on the bench.. pathetic.. good news is anthony dasher from ugasports said that he has heard a change is going to happen after the sec tourney.. so we have hope..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

EW and hightower are playing.. crump is on the bench.. pathetic.. good news is anthony dasher from ugasports said that he has heard a change is going to happen after the sec tourney.. so we have hope..

When Fox has talent, The team  underplays so much.  UA men basketball is a ceiling #2 seed NIT at best with Fox.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

EW and hightower are playing.. crump is on the bench.. pathetic.. good news is anthony dasher from ugasports said that he has heard a change is going to happen after the sec tourney.. so we have hope..

Man don't get my hopes up. 

I hope Dasher is right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites