Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

2017-2018 UGA Basketball

578 posts in this topic

From Monkdawg1 on 247.  I wan't looking these numbers up.  But UGH!

Out of 351 NCAA Div 1 teams, UGA ranks 340th in shot taken!!

Through 16 games, UGA ranks the following on offensive stats:

Total number of FGs taken (number of total shots) 340th in the country 
Total Number of FGs Made 337th in the country 
FG% - only 247th in the country at .433

In reality, this is mostly 3pt shooting, where we just do not take (or make) enough shots. The NCAA has become a 3pt shooting league; yet we remain mired in the antiquated days of using 3pt shots only as a last resort. On 3pt shooting, we rank:

329th in 3pt shots made, 
325th in 3pt shots attempted, resulting in a .322 shooting percentage from 3, ranking 301st in the nation.

However, in the 5 SEC games, we are shooting worse .377.... Not good. First, we cannot get shots off, then, in the SEC, we are shooting worse. Poor combination. Again, the culprit is 3pt shooting, where we rank 13th at just 27.5% from 3.

Also, we rank 9th in assists in the SEC.

Free throws? We are shooting 70% this season (both in all games and in just the 5 SEC games). This is pretty much right on the CMF average in his tenure. But we rank only 10th in the SEC. So, we cannot rely on FTs to pull us out of most games, if they are called evenly. In fact, on average, it will cost us games.

All this results in that we are last in the SEC in PPG for offense - 62ppg. WAKE UP!! YOU GOTTA PLAY BOTH ENDS OF THE FLOOR!!!!

Pathetic guard play.. Can't get an offense set before the shot clock gets to 10-15.. Full court press is Fox's worst nightmare

Edited by TheTrue7

Good win. LSU is a better team than people realize. The SEC as a whole doesn't have any "great" teams, but lots of solid teams. Lunardi has 8 SEC teams in with Georgia among the first 4 out. LSU is also fighting for a spot, so this was a very important win. 

13 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

this win was huge.  after losing 3 out of the last 5 we needed a big road win..  great comeback.  

Somehow missed this game... glad we squeaked it out. Definitely needed that road win. This next 4 game series is going to be tough:

@Auburn... they're playing great ball of late - top 25 ranking... winning on rebounding, free throw percentages, etc... all things that tend to hold up. I predict a loss here unless we have exceptional guard play from our Jekyll and Hyde team

Arkansas (home)... 19th in RPI right now... another very solid team. At home, need to figure out a way to take care of business... toss up?

@Kansas State... 60-something in RPI but not a team to overlook. Has wins over Oklahoma, Ok. State, and Iowa State (along with Vandy)... close losses to Kansas and Az State along with an 8 point loss to West Virginia. On the road, going to be important game from a tournament resume standpoint. I think we win it, but this team is dang near unpredictable.

Florida (home)... For the love of all things holy... win this ducking game. We should matchup well against them... need to at least win the home game... if we can steal the road game later on as well, would be fantastic.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:11 AM, fibonaccisquared said:

Somehow missed this game... glad we squeaked it out. Definitely needed that road win. This next 4 game series is going to be tough:

@Auburn... they're playing great ball of late - top 25 ranking... winning on rebounding, free throw percentages, etc... all things that tend to hold up. I predict a loss here unless we have exceptional guard play from our Jekyll and Hyde team

Arkansas (home)... 19th in RPI right now... another very solid team. At home, need to figure out a way to take care of business... toss up?

@Kansas State... 60-something in RPI but not a team to overlook. Has wins over Oklahoma, Ok. State, and Iowa State (along with Vandy)... close losses to Kansas and Az State along with an 8 point loss to West Virginia. On the road, going to be important game from a tournament resume standpoint. I think we win it, but this team is dang near unpredictable.

Florida (home)... For the love of all things holy... win this ducking game. We should matchup well against them... need to at least win the home game... if we can steal the road game later on as well, would be fantastic.

hopefully 3-1 

so auburn just got 4 shots on one possession due to piss poor rebounding and hustle by this team.. pathetic.. 

mike edwards is a waste of space.. how in the heck can you foul like he did on that 3 point shot.. smh. 

I love every time we beat the cheater piece of slime pearl.  great 1st half overall.. 14 point lead over the 17th ranked auburn team. 

first fox wouldn't change our defense during that run and didn't call a timeout.. we got 4 points in 10 minutes and zero field goals.. the team panicked when they started to hit 3s and that was game.. a mentally weak team.. they take after coach fox.. pathetic..

The biggest problem I had was the no timeout to break the momentum. You can get away with that at home but you can’t on the road. Fox just isn’t good at making in game adjustments 

6 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

The biggest problem I had was the no timeout to break the momentum. You can get away with that at home but you can’t on the road. Fox just isn’t good at making in game adjustments 

yep.. i kept yelling at the tv.. call a timeout.. come on fox...  smh.

I finally had to turn the channel... I can’t just deal with the lack of adjustments. Fox is a great guy and I love how he runs a clean program but in-game he lacks soooo much it’s maddening!

95Dawg likes this

7 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I finally had to turn the channel... I can’t just deal with the lack of adjustments. Fox is a great guy and I love how he runs a clean program but in-game he lacks soooo much it’s maddening!

yep.. in game he is very poor as a coach.  it's amazing to say his recruiting has really improved, but he is who he is..  just a poor bench coach.