Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

2017-2018 UGA Basketball

578 posts in this topic

gotta give parker his due for his play tonight.. the guys stepped up.  very proud of them with the issues maten was having. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

gotta give parker his due for his play tonight.. the guys stepped up.  very proud of them with the issues maten was having. 

Agreed. Needed to win that one and we went out and got it done. Need to try and hold serve at home as best as we can, and try and steal a couple on the road. Bama this weekend is going to be tough. Sexton is a lot to handle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Agreed. Needed to win that one and we went out and got it done. Need to try and hold serve at home as best as we can, and try and steal a couple on the road. Bama this weekend is going to be tough. Sexton is a lot to handle.

we should have beaten kentucky, but oh well we lost that game.. even calipari was questioning the scheduling.. we play at kentucky every year and it's freaking old at this point..  sexton is going to be so freaking tough this weekend, but we should win that game imo.  we get bama after beating ole miss that would be a nice start to the conference schedule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

we should have beaten kentucky, but oh well we lost that game.. even calipari was questioning the scheduling.. we play at kentucky every year and it's freaking old at this point..  sexton is going to be so freaking tough this weekend, but we should win that game imo.  we get bama after beating ole miss that would be a nice start to the conference schedule. 

I'm freaking sick of playing Kentucky and the officials... I said it over on another board, but the "threshold" for what constitutes a foul is simply different for Kentucky vs any team they play.... Defensively, they're allowed to hack and swipe at will and rarely draw a whistle.... meanwhile if you freaking breathe too hard on one of their players, immediate whistle. I hate complaining about officiating, and I understand that in many years, they do have a more aggressive offensive style that ends up drawing more FTs, but the unbalanced nature of what constitutes a foul gets old year in year out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fibonaccisquared said:

I'm freaking sick of playing Kentucky and the officials... I said it over on another board, but the "threshold" for what constitutes a foul is simply different for Kentucky vs any team they play.... Defensively, they're allowed to hack and swipe at will and rarely draw a whistle.... meanwhile if you freaking breathe too hard on one of their players, immediate whistle. I hate complaining about officiating, and I understand that in many years, they do have a more aggressive offensive style that ends up drawing more FTs, but the unbalanced nature of what constitutes a foul gets old year in year out.

i rewatched the game and saw way to many "phantom" fouls called on us in that game.. it happens every time we play at kentucky.  calipari does a great job working the officials and it seems they are intimidated some by the home crowd.. it is just ridiculous.  once again we play kentucky at kentucky.. we don't get a return game which ticks me off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i rewatched the game and saw way to many "phantom" fouls called on us in that game.. it happens every time we play at kentucky.  calipari does a great job working the officials and it seems they are intimidated some by the home crowd.. it is just ridiculous.  once again we play kentucky at kentucky.. we don't get a return game which ticks me off.  

No home and home v. each EAST team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fibonaccisquared said:

No divisions in basketball. Were removed several years back.

It doesn't flip home and home on year to year basis then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 6:19 PM, Unkn0wn said:

Interested in a stat? This is the fourth time teams have met in a basketball game the same weekend they play for the national championship in football. The winning school of the basketball game is 3-0 in the football game.

Any of that 3-0 record in the modern age of "Football Officiating MUST Keep the Game Close for TV Ratings"  ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well with mediocre coaching one can always hope to have talent to make up for it. Maybe the future can help. This is from a good poster on 247 who knows his BB. 

 
  1. Monkdawg1 4603 posts

    5 minutes ago

    Looks like the commitment of 5 star PG Ashton Hagans is paying off big time. Hagans' AAU teammate and fellow 2019 5 star SF Christian Brown is thought to be leaning to UGA. Brown is from Lower Richland, SC. He's averaging 24.6 ppg and 8 rebs. He was one of the 20 or so recruits UGA hosted last weekend. It is thought the visit went very, very well. Needless to say, Brown would be a tremendous addition. Hagans looks like the first guy Fox has gotten committed in his 9 years that is a real Pied Piper - really popular among others players, who want to play with him at the next level. That '19 class is starting to look ridiculous - Hagans, King and maybe Brown....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we just lost one of the easiest games left on our schedule today.. an opposing team shot under 30% and we still lost the game.. pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so in a game we can't score we don't play crump who is a scorer.. he gets 2 minutes.. mark fox is his own worst enemy. his rotations/substitution patterns makes zero sense.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0