Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UGABOZ

2017-2018 UGA Basketball

578 posts in this topic

Impressive by Georgia not to quit down the stretch. Looking like Fox has instilled mental toughness in his players.

Unlike Alabama who is one of the more talented teams in the SEC. They've flat out quit down the stretch. 

Would trade Fox for Avery Johnson because at least Fox's teams don't collapse down the stretch every year. And his teams don't quit. 

24 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Impressive by Georgia not to quit down the stretch. Looking like Fox has instilled mental toughness in his players.

Unlike Alabama who is one of the more talented teams in the SEC. They've flat out quit down the stretch. 

Would trade Fox for Avery Johnson because at least Fox's teams don't collapse down the stretch every year. And his teams don't quit. 

Bama is in the tourney if it started today I will take Avery ,fox has done nothing and continues to steal money from Uga 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

38 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

Bama is in the tourney if it started today I will take Avery ,fox has done nothing and continues to steal money from Uga 

Bama is barely clinging. A loss to A&M and they're in real trouble. 

6 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

i disagree man with you on that.. Avery is a poor coach and worst than Fox.  I would take what we have over Avery.. He is that bad.  

What a choke job. I wanted Fox to workout at UGA because he’s such a likeable guy, but it’s time to move on if we’re serious about our basketball program. 

18 minutes ago, Lennon said:

What a choke job. I wanted Fox to workout at UGA because he’s such a likeable guy, but it’s time to move on if we’re serious about our basketball program. 

That last play was sad. Why no timeout? You don't get credit for having four left at the end of the game.

I am soo happy that Coach Fox is out as our head coach at the end of the year.  What we saw in the final few minutes of the game is exactly why he needs to be gone.  Crump puts up in the lead and what does Fox do?  He pulls him.. CMF is one of the bench coaches out there.  He has no clue what to do on substitutions and we have issues just inbounding the freaking ball in clutch.  Ridiculous.  

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I am soo happy that Coach Fox is out as our head coach at the end of the year.  What we saw in the final few minutes of the game is exactly why he needs to be gone.  Crump puts up in the lead and what does Fox do?  He pulls him.. CMF is one of the bench coaches out there.  He has no clue what to do on substitutions and we have issues just inbounding the freaking ball in clutch.  Ridiculous.  

What an effing joke the end of the game was.  Almost comical.  Goodbye Fox!

11 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Bama is barely clinging. A loss to A&M and they're in real trouble. 

Don't worry, we won't win. We are going to lose to A&M then go out in the first round of the conference tournament. 

Lady Dawgs up by 8 points heading into the 4th quarter against Missouri.  UGA will play South Carolina tomorrow if we finish this game. 

People don't realize how bad Georgia's basketball program has been lately and it's not even close to good as you think it is. Georgia hasn't won a NCAA Tournament game since 2002 and hasn't been to the Sweet 16 since 1996. That's the longest drought out of any SEC school! That's pathetic and sad, while Mark Fox keeps wasting talent over and over again. No excuses for why programs like Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and Arkansas can still be exceptionally better in basketball than us the last several years. We know how elite Kentucky and Florida have been so no surprise there. SOUTH CAROLINA for COL made it to the Final 4 last season. So there's no excuses for why Georgia has been this mediocre the last decade and a half. The only basketball programs who have been close to bad as us are Alabama and Auburn (who are football states btw who have a combined 6 national titles since 2009 and 8 appearances since 2009 as well), yet, I believe Alabama has had a better win loss percentage than Georgia in basketball and look at the type of season Auburn is having right now. Georgia's basketball program is the Vanderbilt football team of basketball the past 15 seasons! Mark Fox has got to go now! He's only had the basketball team ranked in the top 25 ONCE, for only 1 week in 9 seasons, I repeat, ONE week in NINE seasons has he only had a team ranked in the top 25. 

m2Falcons and usmcdirtybird like this

16 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

People don't realize how bad Georgia's basketball program has been lately and it's not even close to good as you think it is. Georgia hasn't won a NCAA Tournament game since 2002 and hasn't been to the Sweet 16 since 1996. That's the longest drought out of any SEC school! That's pathetic and sad, while Mark Fox keeps wasting talent over and over again. No excuses for why programs like Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and Arkansas can still be exceptionally better in basketball than us the last several years. We know how elite Kentucky and Florida have been so no surprise there. SOUTH CAROLINA for COL made it to the Final 4 last season. So there's no excuses for why Georgia has been this mediocre the last decade and a half. The only basketball programs who have been close to bad as us are Alabama and Auburn (who are football states btw who have a combined 6 national titles since 2009 and 8 appearances since 2009 as well), yet, I believe Alabama has had a better win loss percentage than Georgia in basketball and look at the type of season Auburn is having right now. Georgia's basketball program is the Vanderbilt football team of basketball the past 15 seasons! Mark Fox has got to go now! He's only had the basketball team ranked in the top 25 ONCE, for only 1 week in 9 seasons, I repeat, ONE week in NINE seasons has he only had a team ranked in the top 25. 

Many of us feel you and agree.  It is time for a change.  

mqg96 and Bdawg58 like this

47 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

And our b-ball has been so bad in one of the most talent rich states for basketball in the country. Same for our pathetic baseball program.  Ga is brimming with baseball talent.  Inexcusable!  Shame on UGAA for allowing this to happen

mqg96 likes this

Good game last night. I was in attendance and feel lucky to have gotten out of there with a win. Who do y'all think UGA goes after as Head Basketball Coach once this season is over?

10 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

Good game last night. I was in attendance and feel lucky to have gotten out of there with a win. Who do y'all think UGA goes after as Head Basketball Coach once this season is over?

Rick Barnes.  LOL j/k.  Congrats on a great season!   I hope we go after Crean, but with McEars making the hire who knows.

eddiesauto likes this

7 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Rick Barnes.  LOL j/k.  Congrats on a great season!   I hope we go after Crean, but with McEars making the hire who knows.

I think Andy Kennedy is a very good coach who just accomplished everything he could at Mississippi.

Steve Forbes at ETSU might be a higher risk, higher reward coach. If I was picking a coach, he might be at the top of the list.

eddiesauto likes this

49 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Thanks! I appreciate it! I must admit that we really lucked into Barnes after the Donnie Tyndall debacle, which followed the stupid petition that some "fans" started to fire Cuonzo, then re-hire Bruce Pearl. I honestly didn't think that Barnes would be as successful here, but I'm glad to be wrong on that. I knew he'd bring stability though, which is always a good thing. 

40 minutes ago, Doctor Kildare said:

I think Andy Kennedy is a very good coach who just accomplished everything he could at Mississippi.

Steve Forbes at ETSU might be a higher risk, higher reward coach. If I was picking a coach, he might be at the top of the list.

Forbes was Bruce Pearl's assistants in Knoxville. I've heard good things about him. 

Have you all considered Kermit Davis of MTSU? He's been there since 2002 & has won quite a few games in recent years. 

5 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

Forbes was Bruce Pearl's assistants in Knoxville. I've heard good things about him. 

Have you all considered Kermit Davis of MTSU? He's been there since 2002 & has won quite a few games in recent years. 

Davis has done a good job there, I just don't know if his recruiting would make as much of an impact around Atlanta as I think Forbes might do. I have the feeling that Davis might be a more of a fit for Ole Miss than Georgia with his current recruiting more focused to the west.

eddiesauto likes this

Forbes is a tricky name in this climate considering his past issues. If UGA can find no dirt on him recently I'd hire him. He's a really good coach.

Georgia’s Yante Maten selected as AP SEC player of the year. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/georgias-yante-maten-selected-as-ap-sec-player-of-the-year/2018/03/06/709f4526-2160-11e8-946c-9420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.c595ff8ad535

also was a unanimous pick for the all sec 1st team.. led the sec in scoring.  this is how good Maten was:  This marks the first time an AP SEC player of the year has come from a team that ended the regular season below .500 in conference play since 1971, when Mississippi’s Johnny Neumann won the award while the Rebels went 6-12 in league competition.  Congrats to Maten.  Very proud of how he has progressed from a kid that was recruited late and most team's ignore to what he is now.