Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UGABOZ

2017-2018 UGA Basketball

578 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

They are not collapsing toward the end of the season like teams sometimes do when a coach is on his way out.

We will see

On February 18, 2018 at 7:22 PM, eddiesauto said:

Good game. Best of luck the rest of the way, minus the game on March 3rd in Knoxville.

You to we needed it 

eddiesauto likes this

24 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

You to we needed it 

Y'all seem to nearly always play really well against UT, especially in Athens. I think the game in Knoxville will be a good contest. I plan on attending it. 

Fox is probably thinking it increases his chances of getting another job. He's a clean guy with a decent track record. Even Gregg Marshall and Wichita State have been hit by all this.

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Fox is probably thinking it increases his chances of getting another job. He's a clean guy with a decent track record. Even Gregg Marshall and Wichita State have been hit by all this.

Andy Kennedy is another coach who might be looking for a job at the right time.

So mark fox decides tonight to play an up tempo game.. where the heck was this for the past 9 freaking years?  he so ticks me off. 

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

yep and he should get another job imo.. i think he can do very well on the west coast for a team like nevada. 

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

So mark fox decides tonight to play an up tempo game.. where the heck was this for the past 9 freaking years?  he so ticks me off. 

Get put on notice, all cards come out.  Too late Fox, too late.  

Georgia's Mark Fox 'disgusted with how people have treated our game'

ATHENS, Ga. -- The latest round of shock waves sent through college basketball by the wide-ranging FBI investigation into the sport has left dozens of programs scrambling for answers, but Georgia's Mark Fox was clear about his feelings on the sport's current woes.

"I'm disgusted," said Fox, one of the most vocal advocates for a massive overhaul to college basketball ethics, after his team's 93-82 win on Saturday. "I'm disgusted with how people have treated our game. It's absolutely disgusting."

Fox's Georgia team is now 16-12 and likely outside the NCAA tournament, but the coach has steadfastly maintained that his program has been hurt by others ignoring NCAA rules.

"I would like to see institutions take the lead and show true leadership and stand up for something. But I don't have a lot of confidence we're going to see that. We'll all just blame the NCAA and the media.

"We've had some situations where we didn't get players because of that reason, and other teams have, too," Fox said, noting that the FBI investigation has shined a light on issues that had long simmered in the shadows. "I still believe you can do this job the right way, and that's how we're going to do it."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22568524/georgia-bulldogs-coach-mark-fox-disgusted-how-people-treated-our-game

Georgia is back on the bubble according to ESPN. They have two games coming up that would look good on the resume. And their is a possibility that Tennessee will have already clinched the double bye and be locked into the 2nd seed in the SECT when the finale tips off.

=================

Counting locks, Georgia is the 10th SEC team represented in Bubble Watch. These are the best of times in the SEC.

The home contest the Bulldogs will play against Texas A&M will rate out as a Quadrant 1 game. A win there plus one at Tennessee in the season finale would make this long-shot candidacy for an at-large bid less of a long shot.

4 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

Well, Hagans decommits. He wants $100K too.

Yep those wanting Fox to stay to just save the recruits need to rethink that position.

58 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Yep those wanting Fox to stay to just save the recruits need to rethink that position.

I think Hagans decommitted because he knows Fox won’t be there after this year. UGA is still in consideration but it will depend on who we hire 

31 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I think Hagans decommitted because he knows Fox won’t be there after this year. UGA is still in consideration but it will depend on who we hire 

Yeah I hope that is true.