Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

2017-2018 UGA Basketball

228 posts in this topic

it's been a very good year, but losing to a team with an rpi in the 180s just is 2 steps back.. just ridiculous play today. 

2 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Halftime, UMass 43 - UGA 24

brutal game uga has zero chance of making the dance

30 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

it's been a very good year, but losing to a team with an rpi in the 180s just is 2 steps back.. just ridiculous play today. 

agree this team is a paper team

I was thinking "I wonder why no one had started a thread for the basketball team, they're doing good. Maybe I should.. Nah I'd jinx them..."

<_<

Can we just finally after what feels like a bazillion years let Fox walk. 

He's had time and he's proven that he's not the answer. 

Good guy who seems genuine and nice, but well we've seen this play out before. 

Do we need 15 years?

SacFalcFan likes this

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

I was thinking "I wonder why no one had started a thread for the basketball team, they're doing good. Maybe I should.. Nah I'd jinx them..."

<_<

today was more about what uga really is in bball we will beat tech and temple will beat us by double digits

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

Do we need 15 years?

bingo

You aren't going to win many games shooting 35.5% from the field, letting the other team shoot >50% from the 3-point line, and being out rebounded by 10. Just a bad effort, but hey, at least Fox keeps us off the NCAA radar. That should be good for another 5 years of mediocre bball, right?

3 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Do we need 15 years?

Nah i refuse to even discuss that nonsense.. not because you are wrong at all, but its like peeing into the wind.  As long as coach fox has uga competitive and yes 20 wins is competitive no way he losses his job.. we dont have boosters who care enough to force a change.  Its frustrating as a big bball fan. 

27 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Nah i refuse to even discuss that nonsense.. not because you are wrong at all, but its like peeing into the wind.  As long as coach fox has uga competitive and yes 20 wins is competitive no way he losses his job.. we dont have boosters who care enough to force a change.  Its frustrating as a big bball fan. 

Oh I understand that. 

I was just wishing that someone with power did care about BB to make a change. 

Alas.....

2 hours ago, Brewyerown said:

You aren't going to win many games shooting 35.5% from the field, letting the other team shoot >50% from the 3-point line, and being out rebounded by 10. Just a bad effort, but hey, at least Fox keeps us off the NCAA radar. That should be good for another 5 years of mediocre bball, right?

true lol

I'm on the Fire Fox train too and I'm not even a UGA fan lol.

Just don't think he will ever have Georgia where they should be. Mid tier SEC team that is a perennial bubble team with him. Will make it some years, won't others. Never a threat to go very far if they get in 

Unfortunately, it seems that no one who care$ enough to pu$h for change$... has the $$$ to get it done. And those that do... don't care. At least not enough. The tricky part is that UGA *doesn't* have a real history of success in MBB. Getting rid of Fox is a risky proposition to stake your hat on as an AD, since it's not like there are super eager coaches looking to take the gig either. I still maintain that the administration overreacted to the Harrick situation. Clearly, the answer was to pull a UNC and just force the NCAA to make a case... they aren't any more lenient on schools that self report, and if anything it ends up being worse. With that said... there's no sense crying over that spilt milk.

At this point, I'm not sure who I'd like them to go after. Mark Few would be like a wet dream, but he's not leaving the Zags... he's had all kinds of offers and at this point, he's comfortable with where he's at, what he's built, and the ability to go fly fishing after practice. I still think you make him say no... but that's just me. :lol: We could probably buy Chris Collins (Northwestern) if we were willing to spend big dollars on a coach, but would have to put some big buyout dollars on the contract in case Duke came calling in like year 2-3. I'd be fine with a ~5 year rental to improve the roster and the standing of the team, and basically continually evaluate up and coming coaches to figure out who to poach in the event that Collins gets the tap to come back to Duke.

More realistic options might be Nick McDevitt at UNC-Asheville or Earl Grant at College of Charleston. Anyone else have thoughts on who we could even feasibly target as a replacement if the powers that be put the gears in motion?

19 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

BREAKING: Mark Fox lands the highest-rated recruit of his tenure as 5-star PG Ashton Hagans commits to #UGA http://bit.ly/2BP0yRG

Awesome. Now if we could somehow magically put together Hagans, Maten, JJ, Caldwell-Pope, and Thornton on one team, then we'd have a contender.

Some bb recruits at game today

1. EvanDaniels 33247 posts

14 minutes ago

To go with Ashton Hagans, Georgia also hosted 2019 forward target Jaylen Williams. The two are AAU teammates with Game Elite Orange and were accompanied by their AAU coach, Chris Williams. 

Jaylin Williams

JAYLIN WILLIAMS

• PF 
    • 6-6 
    • CLASS OF 19 

NAHUNTA, GA

(BRANTLEY COUNTY)

247SPORTS COMPOSITE