Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ya_boi_j

Trouble in the Panthers front office

68 posts in this topic

There is currently no info about what the alleged misconduct was, or whether or not it was sexual harassment or something else.

I've already had to move a few threads this week about sexual harassment as they turn into a debate that is not appropriate for this forum.

Keep all of this in mind as you comment.  If you'd like to debate that, there is a link to an ongoing thread on the second page right now.

8 hours ago, PK Manley said:

There is currently no info about what the alleged misconduct was, or whether or not it was sexual harassment or something else.

I've already had to move a few threads this week about sexual harassment as they turn into a debate that is not appropriate for this forum.

Keep all of this in mind as you comment.  If you'd like to debate that, there is a link to an ongoing thread on the second page right now.

You can delete it if you want. Heck if they want to turn it into something else I'll delete it myself. It's really no big deal

Flying Falcon and PK Manley like this

10 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

I'm so over this sexual misconduct bs already.. Almost all of these women had consensual sex with these men and now want to be paid.. Gtfo

You GTFO. 

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

10 hours ago, PK Manley said:

@PK Manley keeping it real. +1

papachaz likes this

1 minute ago, Falx said:

@ya_boi_j-isms: Why ya'll care so much about other teams FOs? 

Lmao. I just posted because it popped up on the Twitter feed. As much as I've engaged in the actual conversation shows how much it really matters to me on a personal level. Much, much different from others agendas

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lmao. I just posted because it popped up on the Twitter feed. As much as I've engaged in the actual conversation shows how much it really matters to me on a personal level. Much, much different from others agendas

5 minutes ago, Falx said:

@ya_boi_j-isms: Why ya'll care so much about other teams FOs? 

because ANY problems of a divisional foe is sweet news.....:tiphat:

The problem, when one of these social waves starts rolling, is that the general public gets so excited to bring down celebrities, that we forget things like due process, legal rights, innocence until proof of guilt....EVIDENCE.  You know, little details that keep you and me out of jail on a daily basis.

Most people assign guilt because a,   it's easy, and b,  the people being accused are rich or powerful so we can't resist the urge to knock them down, however it gets done.  

Without a doubt, some of the people being accused  (and there are women being accused too, not just men)  are not guilty of doing anything more than behaving the way men and women have behaved for generations.  And some of them are obviously guilty of outrageous, if not illegal, behavior, and should be called out or punished. 

The truth, like in most social issues, is always somewhere in-between, and in most cases we'll never reach it.

11 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

I'm so over this sexual misconduct bs already.. Almost all of these women had consensual sex with these men and now want to be paid.. Gtfo

Lol I liken all This to Salem witch trials..just ppl coming out years later..it's getting ridiculous..

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

35 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The problem, when one of these social waves starts rolling, is that the general public gets so excited to bring down celebrities, that we forget things like due process, legal rights, innocence until proof of guilt....EVIDENCE.  You know, little details that keep you and me out of jail on a daily basis.

Most people assign guilt because a,   it's easy, and b,  the people being accused are rich or powerful so we can't resist the urge to knock them down, however it gets done.  

Without a doubt, some of the people being accused  (and there are women being accused too, not just men)  are not guilty of doing anything more than behaving the way men and women have behaved for generations.  And some of them are obviously guilty of outrageous, if not illegal, behavior, and should be called out or punished. 

The truth, like in most social issues, is always somewhere in-between, and in most cases we'll never reach it.

Like I said earlier it's a witch hunt..I'm sure alot is guilty but I'm sure maybe some isn't

First of all, this report is strictly False News, Carolina does not have a 'Front Office'. Lies, Lies, and more Lies.......OK Cam, did my part, won't be able to cover for you anymore!

HASHBROWN3 likes this

12 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

Based on what evidence?

I have no problem with women finally speaking out against institutional misogyny which has been prevelant and unchallenged since the inception of most of these institutions. I don't doubt that some of these women are taking advantage of this wave of accusations but seems to me like the majority of these men being outed seem to be grade-a scumbags with a history of unprofessional and disgusting behavior. If this is the beginning of a cultural change wherein women will finally stop being routinely treated with perverted mockery, abuse and disdain in the workplace I have a hard time really giving too much of a **** that some sleaze-balls end up losing their jobs over it. Having a close friend who has been acting in Hollywood for a decade I can tell you that the environment for women is completely toxic and every bit as messed up as all these women coming out to speak on it make it out to be. I don't doubt the environment in the NFL and most major networks is any different.

Yea I was going to say that we don't know what the misconduct was. Me personally I think it had something to do with the firing of Gettelman.

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Thank you....well said. While no doubt some of this stuff we've been hearing about lately is an aggregious abuse of power and status, you can take it to the bank that some of it is payback, bandwagoning, and out right snear tactics. The truth lies somewhere in the middle and is alot more grey than most want to admit.

With that said.....anything that negatively affects a division rival (within reason, of course) and may distract the team is Christmas come early!

octoslash likes this

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

*mic drop*

lol

octoslash likes this

32 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Based on what evidence?

I have no problem with women finally speaking out against institutional misogyny which has been prevelant and unchallenged since the inception of most of these institutions. I don't doubt that some of these women are taking advantage of this wave of accusations but seems to me like the majority of these men being outed seem to be grade-a scumbags with a history of unprofessional and disgusting behavior. If this is the beginning of a cultural change wherein women will finally stop being routinely treated with perverted mockery, abuse and disdain in the workplace I have a hard time really giving too much of a **** that some sleaze-balls end up losing their jobs over it. Having a close friend who has been acting in Hollywood for a decade I can tell you that the environment for women is completely toxic and every bit as messed up as all these women coming out to speak on it make it out to be. I don't doubt the environment in the NFL and most major networks is any different.

I wouldn't go as far as painting a Broad brush with the Suspects being all Sleaze-balls, but other than that, I agree with most of what you say 100%! 

My wife works in a heavily White Male dominate, Locker room talk, kind of industry herself. She has always came off as one of the Fellas so she hasn't gotten the brunt of it but she has seen some of her Co-workers go through crap like that! I have told her myself, y'all need to check those guys and not put up with that crap, but when it's your boss or a Co-worker the Boss is buddy buddy with... 

You see where I am going with this.