Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

EDIT: Some Men Are Scum

113 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Somehow I knew you'd take this position. Crazy, huh?

A woman is there to work just like you. You cool with the dude next to you complimenting your eyes? Work is work.

I'll argue with my friends at work but when we leave it's all good because business is business. That applies across all levels. This isn't hard to believe and I've gotten into ugly *** arguments with friends at work but like I said business is business. Not a hard principle to understand. When you're at work it's about work.

There's a reason "don't mix business with pleasure" is a thing.

13 hours ago, gazoo said:

If the woman interprets that as sexual harassment, or, if the woman doesn’t like the guy and falsely accuses him of harassing her  it sure is. All she has to do is say a guy at work was sexually harassing her and the guys jobs ver6 well could be on the line.  

People are insane. Glenn Thrush was suspended from the New York Times for going out with a co-worker drinking, holding her hand and asking to kiss, and he was accused of sexual assault. He may lose his job.  Most guys I know have been drnk8mg with a woman and made a pass at her. My God where does the insanity end?  

How would you feel if it was a guy that made the pass at another guy? Does that change things any? What about a woman making another pass at a woman? I'm sorry, but no where in my rational thinking do I think it's ok to hold a woman's hand "who isn't my girlfriend or wife" and to ask her for a kiss.

13 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Yeah Bill Clinton raped a woman and no one seemed to care at the time. Hillary even called his victims liars.

Yep. It was horrible how people in positions of power abuse that power. And yes, it goes both ways. Women in positions of power do the exact same thing.

13 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

So the result of all this is the pendulum is about to swing to the other extreme end. Meaning guys are going to avoid talking to women in the workplace as much as possible. I'm not about to risk my career because something I say can be taken the wrong way as sexual harassment. For example, if I dropped something and not thinking said "Can you bend over and get that for me?", I could be in HR having to defend why I asked her to bend over.

"Can you bend over and pick that up for me?"

"Can you please pick that up for me?"

One statement is perfectly fine and the other raises doubt about your mindset. You figure out which is which.

It shouldn't be this hard for people to understand the dos and dont's of the work place.

4 hours ago, Black Francis said:

What’s really sad is the alternative wasn’t any better. Many ways worse. Sad state of affairs for our country. 

Absolutely true. That's the problem with most of the political positions in this country. All the options are bad options and you're left just trying to pick the lesser of the two evils.

Black Francis likes this

14 hours ago, shock said:

Glenn Thrush is a married man, he did a lot more than "hold hands and ask to kiss" and to multiple women. Did I mention he's married? 

This is exactly what Then problem is right here, you conflate infidelity with sexual harassment to justify your condemnation.

I will be the very first to say there are dirtbag guys that truly “harass” women, as in, make repeated advances after the owman makes it clear she is uninterested.  But you also have to be honest that many long term marriages were started when the man was rejected multiple times and the wife ultimately fel, for the man and married him saying “my husband chased me for 3 years before I broke down and went out with him and we’ve been happily married for 25 years”. FACT IS, MANY WOMEN LIKE TO BE CHASED, THEY APPRECIATE AND ENCOURAGE IT. Mob justice demands all cases where a guy chased to be hung from the nearest tree limb.

You also have angry, snowflake women who are offended at the slightest statement that could be misconstrued and will accuse men of things they never remotely suggested. The mob could care a less, the accustaion was made so he’s guilty.

What we have right now is a mob justice mentality where many in the general population want everyone to see what great guys they are for stick8ng up for women and they will have their pickup truck and noose ready to go the moment a woman claims to have been harassed. These people disgust me because they are self righteous social warriors really just try8 g to make others think they are great guys. The mob could care a less about anything but destroying anyone who has been accused, facts be dammed. 

I am far more reserved. I do not believe in media lynchings. I do not believe in mob justice. Self righteous people disgust me. In tje case of Harvey Weinstein , Roy Moore, etc.....sure, that stuff sounds legitimate and both guys paid or will pay dearly it would appear. These are obvious cases that get lumped into far less obvious cases by the mob.

Mob justice is selfish and self serving to the mobsters. It’s all about them letting everyone else know what great moral people they are. These people discuss me.  There are a lot of liars out there. It was just uncovered toda6 that Gloria Alreds daughter was offering any woman who would say Trump sexually harassed her up to $750,000 for donors, offers to pay off mortgages of women who would accuse Trump of this.  And yet, some will still gas up their pickups, throw the nose in the back and head of for the lyniching facts be dammed and guilty simply because they were accused. Innthis Uber political environment the liars and hacks are everywhere.

All the social justice warriors need to get off their high horses and excercise a little bit of caution before lynching people.

Kerwin likes this

Looks like Adrienne Lawrence's claim against John Buccigross was completely fabricated and done out of spite for being turned down for a job.  Props to ESPN for defending John here, and props to their HR department for telling her to drop her claim when she went to them because she is clearly just out to tarnish the guy's name.  I am not aware of the details around the claim against Matt Berry, so I can't comment on that one, but it looks like ESPN is defending him as well.  The claim against John B is completely and utterly a false accusation.  And yet there will be absolutely no consequences for Adrienne Lawrence for making that false accusation.  

The take that all sexual harassment policies need to be made black and white is utter garbage.  You need context to make the determination of harassment or not because it makes 100% difference if a) the attention is unwanted and b) IT HAS BEEN MADE CLEAR that the attention is unwanted. 

It's insane to say that someone should be punished for asking a coworker out for a drink or a date or whatever.  To those asking, it doesn't matter if it's a guy asking a girl, girl asking a guy, or a guy asking another guy.  It is the responsibility of the person being asked to say something to the affect of "no, and please don't ask me again in the future" to make it clear that it is unwanted attention. 

If you ask a coworker on a date and she says yes, do all of you seriously feel like that's sexual harassment?

gazoo likes this

1 hour ago, Kerwin said:

Looks like Adriennce Lawrence's claim against John Buccigross was completely fabricated and done out of spite for being turned down for a job.  Props to ESPN for defending John here, and props to their HR department for telling her to drop her claim when she went to them because she is clearly just out to tarnish the guy's name.  I am not aware of the details around the claim against Matt Berry, so I can't comment on that one, but it looks like ESPN is defending him as well.  The claim against John B is completely and utterly a false accusation.  And yet there will be absolutely no consequences for Adrienne Lawrence for making that false accusation.  

The take that all sexual harassment policies need to be made black and white is utter garbage.  You need context to make the determination of harassment or not because it makes 100% difference if a) the attention is unwanted and b) IT HAS BEEN MADE CLEAR that the attention is unwanted. 

It's insane to say that someone should be punished for asking a coworker out for a drink or a date or whatever.  To those asking, it doesn't matter if it's a guy asking a girl, girl asking a guy, or a guy asking another guy.  It is the responsibility of the person being asked to say something to the affect of "no, and please don't ask me again in the future" to make it clear that it is unwanted attention. 

If you ask a coworker on a date and she says yes, do all of you seriously feel like that's sexual harassment?

It’s remarkable we just found out Gloria Alreds daughter offered women up to $750,000 and to pay off other women’s mortgages from donors if the women would accuse Trump of sexual harassment just before last November’s presidential election.  That’s STUNNING. It’s irrelevant if you are for or against Trump, this is what mob justice leads to I see people tak8mg advantage of mob hysteria. 

Does anyone believe tha for $750,000 a woman might be willing to lie and say a guy tried to kiss her when he didn’t?  

Alreds daughter also told one of the women to delete all her pro trump posts and then post some anti trump posts.  That means the woman was pro trump, was offered hundreds of thousands of dollars to throw him under the bus with an accusation, and told she must delete her pro trump Facebook posts. OMG

15 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Work is work. I separate my personal life from my work life. I'll argue all day with friends and family on occasion and be cool when I clock out. Women just want to earn a living like you or me. Let em do it. 

I mean we all know somebody is gonna take it too far but yeah asking a woman out for a drink on the clock or from a position of power....bad idea. Same from the other side of the spectrum.

I regularly get drinks at work with female coworkers, as well as male coworkers.  So you're claiming that I'm harassing the women by asking them for a drink?  Am I harassing the men?  

And your solution here seems to be that I should start to discriminate against the women and stop asking them for drinks, is that right?

Having a position of power over someone does not mean it's a bad idea to get drinks with a person.  I've gotten drinks with former female bosses and employees regularly as well.  It's a bad idea to force yourself on someone who isn't willing, but that has nothing to do with being at work because it's true all the time.  

gazoo likes this

8 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Does anyone believe tha for $750,000 a woman might be willing to lie and say a guy tried to kiss her when he didn’t?  

For $750,000 cash, I would lie and say Trump tried to kiss me.

gazoo likes this

35 minutes ago, Kerwin said:

I regularly get drinks at work with female coworkers, as well as male coworkers.  So you're claiming that I'm harassing the women by asking them for a drink?  Am I harassing the men?  

And your solution here seems to be that I should start to discriminate against the women and stop asking them for drinks, is that right?

Having a position of power over someone does not mean it's a bad idea to get drinks with a person.  I've gotten drinks with former female bosses and employees regularly as well.  It's a bad idea to force yourself on someone who isn't willing, but that has nothing to do with being at work because it's true all the time.  

In the business world it is very typical for office employees to go out and get drinks together. These high and mighty people may be in a situation where it’s easy to not go out after work for drinks, but many business environments you would be considered anti social or a loner if you declined invitations 100% of the time to go have a drink with a coworker. 

The with all this gender identity where someone can claim to identity as a woman, you could invite a male coworker out for a drink after work and be accused of sexual harassment.  

The mob is ugly. Trial by media, trial by accusation, public lynchings.....these social warriors are so full of themselves the don’t care about the truth or harming innocent people. It’s all about letting the world see what moral people they are!

Im far more measured. I’m extremely careful jumping to any conclusion based on accusations, even if it’s multple accusations, even if the dude looks guilty. 

18 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yeah, but something about men in general in executive or high ranking positions. I don't understand it. Why do men think they've got the right to act like complete animals around women?

Because they allow it most of the time. Not all like the ones that are coming out but more women will, pardon the French, f*ck their way to the top. The casting couch in Hollywood has been that way. It’s been that way in my business, and with any man of power. Things are changing now. More women are not standing for it and resisting and blowing whistles. But for the longest time this was just how it was. Threats to be fired or held back and such. Sad. But I’m glad it’s getting exposed. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Because they allow it most of the time. Not all like the ones that are coming out but more women will, pardon the French, f*ck their way to the top. The casting couch in Hollywood has been that way. It’s been that way in my business, and with any man of power. Things are changing now. More women are not standing for it and resisting and blowing whistles. But for the longest time this was just how it was. Threats to be fired or held back and such. Sad. But I’m glad it’s getting exposed. 

Yep. I was in the nightclub business, I bartender at some of the hottest nightclubs in Atlanta back in the day.  Women sexually harassed me every single night. I could hire Gloria Alred and destroy many of those women’s careers if they were to run for office. Of course, I was doing exactly the same thing back to them, it was the atmosphere where everyone was wide open and enjoyed flirting with each other.....this is my beef with these old charges. There is no context to the atmosphere.  People can destroy others simply by an accusation. 

TheFatboi likes this

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

All the social justice warriors need to get off their high horses and excercise a little bit of caution before lynching people.

Ah, the inept battle cry of the "oppressed" MRA. Not the least bit surprising you're one of them.

4 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Yep. I was in the nightclub business, I bartender at some of the hottest nightclubs in Atlanta back in the day.  Women sexually harassed me every single night. I could hire Gloria Alred and destroy many of those women’s careers if they were to run for office. Of course, I was doing exactly the same thing back to them, it was the atmosphere where everyone was wide open and enjoyed flirting with each other.....this is my beef with these old charges. There is no context to the atmosphere.  People can destroy others simply by an accusation. 

Absolutely. I know you’ve experienced that 10 times over. I know some women that will do anything to be successful. Makes it harder for the women that try to get in by their talents alone. And the men that get used to that life treat every woman like they’re all the same and that’s why they’re in the situations they’re in now. Smh

17 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Ah, the inept battle cry of the "oppressed" MRA. Not the least bit surprising you're one of them.

The oppressed claim victimhood.  I would never suggest I’m the victim of anything, that’s what snowflakes do.

I have traveled the world, been all over the place. I have seen opppression, I have seen real victims. I’ve seen mothers suffering from malnutrition unable to feed their starving disease riddled child. I’ve seen the results of genocide in Africa. I’ve seen poverty in India and Africa on a scale that changes you. I have been to the slums in Nairobi where millions of people live in abject poverty and disease infested conditions.

It’s laughable anyone in the United States would say they are victims or oppressed . We all live like kings in the freest country in the world.

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

The oppressed claim victimhood.  I would never suggest I’m the victim of anything, that’s what snowflakes do.

:rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Absolutely. I know you’ve experienced that 10 times over. I know some women that will do anything to be successful. Makes it harder for the women that try to get in by their talents alone. And the men that get used to that life treat every woman like they’re all the same and that’s why they’re in the situations they’re in now. Smh

Heck, just to get a free shot of tequila women would offer me a *$@job! In your industry, I know you are speaking truth of what you witnessed.

Im also with you that I’m glad this is all out in the open and getting worked through. My issue now is the mob justice overreacting and destroying good people simply based on accusations.

I looked into the claims against Matthew Berry as well, and, while there are a couple details that aren't discussed or released, I don't think he did anything wrong, either.  It saddens me a bit to know that the concrete truth of what happened in his story and with John B will never be published in a mainstream story and most people will never do the research to figure out that there was nothing wrong with their actions.  Instead, the only bit many people will get is that they were "accused of harassment" and the two will be put in the pile with the Weinsteins of the world and some actual, bad people.

False claims like these are almost as bad as the actual harassment and assault that goes in the world, as it detracts from the REAL accusers out there.  

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Oh yeah, I know the way it's been forever. Women sleeping with the powerful men to get what they want. But glad more women are defending themselves against this behavior.

TheFatboi likes this

58 minutes ago, Kerwin said:

I looked into the claims against Matthew Berry as well, and, while there are a couple details that aren't discussed or released, I don't think he did anything wrong, either.  It saddens me a bit to know that the concrete truth of what happened in his story and with John B will never be published in a mainstream story and most people will never do the research to figure out that there was nothing wrong with their actions.  Instead, the only bit many people will get is that they were "accused of harassment" and the two will be put in the pile with the Weinsteins of the world and some actual, bad people.

False claims like these are almost as bad as the actual harassment and assault that goes in the world, as it detracts from the REAL accusers out there.  

I agree that false claims are just as bad as the real claims. Those that make false claims should be punished severely.

Kerwin likes this

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Oh yeah, I know the way it's been forever. Women sleeping with the powerful men to get what they want. But glad more women are defending themselves against this behavior.

Absolutely 

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I agree that false claims are just as bad as the real claims. Those that make false claims should be punished severely.

It's a tough line to draw.  On one hand you're absolutely right that false claims should be punished, but you also really, really don't want to put anything in place that would discourage a REAL claim from being made.  My opinion would be that any claim that can be proven to be objectively false (these claims against John B fall into this category.  False without a doubt) )should be punished, but if there's just not enough proof in either direction, it's very difficult to say that the accuser should be punished.

In the same vein, you can say that the person being accused shouldn't be punished, either, but unfortunately that's just not how trial-by-public lynch mobs and public perception works these days.  Once the name has been thrown out there, the damage is done whether the person loses their job or not.

Falconsfan567 likes this

All worried about sexual harassment need to know this.  

Lisa Bloom, attorney and daughter of Gloria Alred, went to pro Hillary Super PACs and private Trump hating donors to get money to pay women to claim, just 5 days before the presidential election, to claim in media they were sexually harassed by Trump. 

The payment offers were as high as $750,000. Offers to pay off financially struggling women’s mortgages were given. The attorney Lisa Bloom instructed one of the, if she accepted the payment she would have to scrub her Facebook page of pro Trump posts and replace with anti Trump posts.  (The woman being offered the payoff  was actually voting for Trump and supported him so attorney told her she had to lie about supporting him)

This is what we know for sure happened because one of the women who was approached reported this. This is most likely just the tip of the iceberg.