Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

EDIT: Some Men Are Scum

113 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Somehow I knew you'd take this position. Crazy, huh?

A woman is there to work just like you. You cool with the dude next to you complimenting your eyes? Work is work.

I'll argue with my friends at work but when we leave it's all good because business is business. That applies across all levels. This isn't hard to believe and I've gotten into ugly *** arguments with friends at work but like I said business is business. Not a hard principle to understand. 

So if a woman accuses a guy of sexual harassment for asking her out for a drink after work  it’s cool with you if he gets fired with  sexual harassment on his record. 

Ok

NashvilleFalcon01 and vanhino like this

10 minutes ago, gazoo said:

So if a woman accuses a guy of sexual harassment for asking her out for a drink it’s cool with you if he gets fired with  sexual harassment on his record. 

Ok

Work is work. I separate my personal life from my work life. I'll argue all day with friends and family on occasion and be cool when I clock out. Women just want to earn a living like you or me. Let em do it. 

I mean we all know somebody is gonna take it too far but yeah asking a woman out for a drink on the clock or from a position of power....bad idea. Same from the other side of the spectrum.

Jen likes this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And I'll probably get in trouble for saying this here, but that's not gonna stop me, the POTUS has been accused of several unwanted sexual acts against women and all it got him was the most powerful position in the country. Just a travesty.

Yeah Bill Clinton raped a woman and no one seemed to care at the time. Hillary even called his victims liars.

gazoo, vanhino and Falconsfan567 like this

9 minutes ago, gazoo said:

So if a woman accuses a guy of sexual harassment for asking her out for a drink after work  it’s cool with you if he gets fired with  sexual harassment on his record. 

Ok

So the result of all this is the pendulum is about to swing to the other extreme end. Meaning guys are going to avoid talking to women in the workplace as much as possible. I'm not about to risk my career because something I say can be taken the wrong way as sexual harassment. For example, if I dropped something and not thinking said "Can you bend over and get that for me?", I could be in HR having to defend why I asked her to bend over.

10 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

So the result of all this is the pendulum is about to swing to the other extreme end. Meaning guys are going to avoid talking to women in the workplace as much as possible. I'm not about to risk my career because something I say can be taken the wrong way as sexual harassment. For example, if I dropped something and not thinking said "Can you bend over and get that for me?", I could be in HR having to defend why I asked her to bend over.

The pendulum has been held up on the other end for so long which is obvious by the news nowadays that it's hard to feel too bad about that honestly. It'll all balance out eventually but to act like we're the victims as men now......come on.

I think most men are good and respectful for the record....but as men we need to try to understand what a lot of women have been put through by the ******** in power and understand their perspective. The man/woman in charge effects everybody below him or her....we talk about it everyday with Coach Quinn.

Is it really that hard to believe that could go wrong.

27 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Work is work. I separate my personal life from my work life. I'll argue all day with friends and family on occasion and be cool when I clock out. Women just want to earn a living like you or me. Let em do it. 

I mean we all know somebody is gonna take it too far but yeah asking a woman out for a drink on the clock or from a position of power....bad idea. Same from the other side of the spectrum.

You are dodging the question. I don’t not care if you would or would not ask a coworker if feel she wanted to get a drink after work. 

I will ask you again.  Is it ok with you if a guy asks a female coworker if she would like to grab a drink across the street after they both get off work at 5pm, and she interprets it as sexual harassment, complains she was sexually harassed and gets fired for sexual harassment?

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You are dodging the question. I don’t not care if you would or would not ask a coworker if feel she wanted to get a drink after work. 

I will ask you again.  Is it ok with you if a guy asks a female coworker if she would like to grab a drink across the street after they both get off work at 5pm, and she interprets it as sexual harassment, complains and gets fired for sexual harassment?

If they're both at equal positions of power I'd say it's not wrong but I still wouldn't recommend it. If he's above her it's not worth it. On the clock..... it's a dumb idea. Any other questions?

23 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Guys are go8ng to be afraid to even hire a woman or work around them. In this insane environment all it takes is an accusation to get destroyed.

i used to be in the nightclub business as a bartender, woman were sexually harrassing  me all the time.  I could destroy the career of many women running for public office by saying truthfully 20 years ago they sexually harassed me. Of course, I encouraged it, but that would come out after they lost the election.

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

If they're both at equal positions of power I'd say it's not wrong but I still wouldn't recommend it. If he's above her it's not worth it. On the clock..... it's a dumb idea. Any other questions?

Is it ok if he gets fired for sexual harassment for it?

40 minutes ago, gazoo said:

If the woman interprets that as sexual harassment, or, if the woman doesn’t like the guy and falsely accuses him of harassing her  it sure is. All she has to do is say a guy at work was sexually harassing her and the guys jobs ver6 well could be on the line.  

People are insane. Glenn Thrush was suspended from the New York Times for going out with a co-worker drinking, holding her hand and asking to kiss, and he was accused of sexual assault. He may lose his job.  Most guys I know have been drnk8mg with a woman and made a pass at her. My God where does the insanity end?  

Glenn Thrush is a married man, he did a lot more than "hold hands and ask to kiss" and to multiple women. Did I mention he's married? 

Falconsfan567 and Jen like this

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Well that depends on how things at work go. Once a woman turns a man down things have been known to get weird. It's kinda how it's been known to work.

Alright, well like the other two sexual harassment related threads this week, this one isn't going to be up much longer, so say what you want to say pretty soon if you want to.

Going forward, unless it's a Falcon's player or employee, don't post about this subject on TATF.  It's just going to end up in a debate that doesn't belong here...at best.

3 hours ago, red falcon said:

I agree its wrong but i dont agree with all of a sudden all then coming out now. You can smile at a woman and she can say she was harrased. Not saying what these guys did was right by any means.

No. You cannot.

A large portion of guys are just ****** up when it comes to dealing with women. Some are awkward as **** and creepy and others are aggressive and treat them like lesser beings. It’s disgusting, but it’s gonna take time for society to adjust to treating women like human beings. We’re already having a hard enough time with the racism as is.

Jpowors and Falconsfan567 like this

10 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

A large portion of guys are just ****** up when it comes to dealing with women. Some are awkward as **** and creepy and others are aggressive and treat them like lesser beings. It’s disgusting, but it’s gonna take time for society to adjust to treating women like human beings. We’re already having a hard enough time with the racism as is.

And that's pretty much the end of the discussion. Gotta realize there's a problem first though....and we're just in the beginning stage of that.

29 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

It would be nice if this sudden sexual harassment awareness could be extended to endless war

Too much money in war though....

14 minutes ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

Men are men, women are women.  Leave it alone here on TAFT because I'm here to get away from everything except football.

Seems like a good post to end this one on here.  Just moving it since it hasn't crossed the line...yet.

Since this is no longer in TAFT....

The division I see created by 15 seconds of fame is crazy.  I'm a mere mortal man.  Tis not my place to judge.  We, as sports fans, should know that.  How many of the Dirty Bird nation saw the 2016, 7-5 Atlanta Falcons go to the Super Bowl?  How about that loss to the Chargers?

We all deserve better in life than fly-by-night Twitter famous people telling us what to think. 

YOU deserve better than this.

YOU have a mind, YOU can use it to think on your own.  Try that.  Try coming to a conclusion that is outside the box.

Don't get trapped inside the box.  Don't let other people think for you.  This is the exact reason why you are going to lose the internet.

5 hours ago, gazoo said:

You’re coming up with a scenario that frankly is unrealistic. For one, most companies should keep sexual harassment stuff just very black and white. Something simply is inappropriate....or it isn’t. No gray areas. If a guy in a power position asked a woman that worked for him out to drinks, do you REALLY think his actions aren’t inappropriate? Does he deserve to get fired? No. But there should be disciplinary action for his behavior. Can even you recall a scenario in your life where that actually happened? I can’t. I get what you’re saying. But be realistic here. Nobody is getting fired for asking someone out to drinks. I just can’t see it

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And I'll probably get in trouble for saying this here, but that's not gonna stop me, the POTUS has been accused of several unwanted sexual acts against women and all it got him was the most powerful position in the country. Just a travesty.

What’s really sad is the alternative wasn’t any better. Many ways worse. Sad state of affairs for our country. 

9 hours ago, Jpowers said:

The pendulum has been held up on the other end for so long which is obvious by the news nowadays that it's hard to feel too bad about that honestly. It'll all balance out eventually but to act like we're the victims as men now......come on.

I think most men are good and respectful for the record....but as men we need to try to understand what a lot of women have been put through by the ******** in power and understand their perspective. The man/woman in charge effects everybody below him or her....we talk about it everyday with Coach Quinn.

Is it really that hard to believe that could go wrong.

I'm not saying men are victims. Although Terry Cruz talked about being sexually harassed and no one seemed to care. I'm just saying that the work environment for most men is going to be like walking on eggshells when it comes to interacting with women. I have no intention of sexually harassing any women I work with, but I'm still having to choose my words very carefully so that I don't say anything that could be taken the wrong way. It can be stressful and awkward to the point where you might go out of your way not to have conversations unless absolutely necessary.