NeonDeion

We MUST get back to the SB this year

68 posts in this topic

You don’t get many shots to get back to the SB this easy. Same (so far) healthy talented team and the competition is as low as it’s ever been.

- Biggest obstacle Eagles now down Wentz

- Biggest threat is now Vikings with Case Keenum????

- Rodgers out, Wilson beatable and running for his life 

- Saints beatable (we just did it)

- Car beatable (we should’ve and they just don’t look that scary) 

- Rams and Goff? Terrible last year and now has to handle playoff pressure 

The Eagles were the only team that looked built to beat us. Vikings still built that way, but with a much weaker QB. 

I’m sorry for Wentz, but this is OURS for the taking. STEP THE EFF UP FALCONS AND GO CLAIM WHAT IS OURS!!!!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one has gone back to the Super Bowl after losing it in this salary cap era, so I'm not keeping my expectations high. The 1993 Bills was a long time ago and a completely different era. I'm waiting for the 2018 Atlanta Falcons to go to the Super Bowl in Atlanta in February 2019! Our defense should be the best in Falcons history next season, the complete opposite of the best offense in Falcons history last season.  

caponine and WeDemBirds60 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we see some multiple drives on offense on consistent basis without turnovers, penalties and TOUCHDOWNS? 

Carolina Panthers are even better than Saints. They beat Patriots & Vikings.

We havent swept Saints or Panthers to even make playoffs.

 

caponine likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

No one has gone back to the Super Bowl after losing it in this salary cap era, so I'm not keeping my expectations high. The 1993 Bills was a long time ago and a completely different era. I'm waiting for the 2018 Atlanta Falcons to go to the Super Bowl in Atlanta in February 2019! Our defense should be the best in Falcons history next season, the complete opposite of the best offense in Falcons history last season.  

denver just did it a couple years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut tells me we're gonna win out, the Rams will drop one or more of the last three and we get the 2 seed. Gotta believe our guys see that it's ours for the taking and are gonna ball out.

nomak likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, natod12 said:

denver just did it a couple years ago

They didn't make it back to back years, though. Patriots beat the Seahawks the year after the Seahawks beat the Broncos. 

But I think the inability of teams to make it back the year after losing are overstated in general. Teams typically don't make it back because 1) it's hard to win in this league, and 2) staff and roster turnover means that you're never quite the same team you were the year before...as we've seen. 

Edited by Expert Poster
falconsd56, Godzilla1985 and zzfrow like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, natod12 said:

denver just did it a couple years ago

I think he means in consecutive years.

 

Look, I wouldn't advise anyone to get too invested in us making it back this year.  Odds are just against that.  I think we have a window over the next 3-4 years though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I think he means in consecutive years.

 

Look, I wouldn't advise anyone to get too invested in us making it back this year.  Odds are just against that.  I think we have a window over the next 3-4 years though.

Even so we have as good a chance as any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of getting back to the SB. I just don’t see this team winning 6 straight to get back. If they do I’d be super surprised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clean that's the key word for us we have to CLEAN up what we are doing then we got a chance.

I don't know how anyone can talk SB when we are in the midst of fighting for our division and play-off lives lol.

SB for me seems a long long long way away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

Easy is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of getting back to the SB. I just don’t see this team winning 6 straight to get back. If they do I’d be super surprised. 

Easiet path I mean. Getting in the playoffs is the hardest part imo

FalconMama likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

No one has gone back to the Super Bowl after losing it in this salary cap era, so I'm not keeping my expectations high. The 1993 Bills was a long time ago and a completely different era. I'm waiting for the 2018 Atlanta Falcons to go to the Super Bowl in Atlanta in February 2019! Our defense should be the best in Falcons history next season, the complete opposite of the best offense in Falcons history last season.  

This is just due to small sample size, single elimination playoffs, and league parity. At some point a team will go back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WeDemBirds60 said:

My gut tells me we're gonna win out, the Rams will drop one or more of the last three and we get the 2 seed. Gotta believe our guys see that it's ours for the taking and are gonna ball out.

Winning out is possible but will very difficult because the NFC South is too competitive this year.  Im not feeling it. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's certainly possible for the Falcons to get back to the SB, but just not likely with the inconsistent play that we've seen all year long.  If the Falcons win out and improve their seeding, then I might get more confident in how it could shake out in the playoffs. 

With Wentz going down, I'm thinking that an NFC South team certainly has the best chance of getting there. It's going to be interesting, to say the least.

mqg96 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta win division. If we can get the 3 seed and get a home game we should be okay wildcard round. Then if Philly and Minnesota are the 1/2 either we get a team without its qb or we get a dome. Both are winnable. Conference round could be anyone but if we beat the 2 seed and someone else beats the 1 seed then we get a home game in the conference round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Falcons dont win out i dont have high hopes for a Super Bowl. If they take control and win the division i will feel like were unstoppable in the playoffs. Of course we get the Saints again after a short week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone see anymore talk about us having the Superbowl hangover? We killed that theory. If our season ended in the playoffs I'd still be super happy but gotta get our spot (and keep it) 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The way this team has played this season, all I want to see is a win against the Bucs.

At this point, talk of 'winning out' and 'Super Bowl' is ridiculous.

This ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Can we see some multiple drives on offense on consistent basis without turnovers, penalties and TOUCHDOWNS? 

Carolina Panthers are even better than Saints. They beat Patriots & Vikings.

We havent swept Saints or Panthers to even make playoffs.

 

The Panthers got swept by the Ain'ts. Trying to say they're better is a hard pill to swallow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now