Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vandy

You guys still think Cam’s Regressing?

254 posts in this topic

Just now, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I stand corrected.

Funny thing is, if Cam wasn’t such a Super freak athlete, he would take a **** of a lot more sacks. Their o line has always been porous at best and he’s not exactly a Brady, Manning or even a Ryan at knowing when/where the pressure is coming from, but he doesn’t have to be. He’s too **** big, strong and fast to sack a lot. 

Vandy and Francis York Morgan like this

3 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

Being broken is a prerequisite for joining this MB....I mean, we are all a little broken to begin with because we are Falcons fans.

Nah....there are degrees to the brokenness. Some can step back and see the flaws while seeing the strengths while also seeing a glimmer of hope. Others...... everything sucks and we're the worst team in football despite being in the hunt. It works vice versa too. The ultimate homers are broken in their own way.

Butudontseeme™ and Vandy like this

4 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Funny thing is, if Cam wasn’t such a Super freak athlete, he would take a **** of a lot more sacks. Their o line has always been porous at best and he’s not exactly a Brady, Manning or even a Ryan at knowing when/where the pressure is coming from, but he doesn’t have to be. He’s too **** big, strong and fast to sack a lot. 

His biggest asset now will also be his biggest weakness. He has always relied on being an athlete and never honed his QB skills. When his legs go so will his career because he can't hack it as a pocket passer.

6 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

Being broken is a prerequisite for joining this MB....I mean, we are all a little broken to begin with because we are Falcons fans.

LOL...sad but true, crimson.

crimsonhawk likes this

4 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

His biggest asset now will also be his biggest weakness. He has always relied on being an athlete and never honed his QB skills. When his legs go so will his career because he can't hack it as a pocket passer.

You won’t get any argument from me on that. His passing is likely as developed as it will ever be. 

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

Oh... she's broken you to some degree.

Very True. She’s still trying in so many other ways as well with not as much success ...

25 years and counting...

Jpizzle likes this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Very True. She’s still trying in so many other ways as well with not as much success ...

25 years and counting...

11 years here soon, a week from today  actually.....and she's still trying too. Though I think it's just a matter of habit at this point because she knows a losing battle when she sees one.

Vandy likes this

24 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, how many of these super athletic mobile QBs that we have seen in the past 15 years have Super Bowl rings? Russell Wilson and that is it. You can be a super athlete all day long but if you're not a great QB it won't matter.

You can be Trent Dilfer and win a SB. This post makes absolutely no sense. Great qb play has NOT always won a SB. Terry Bradshaw was not a great qb but he played on a great team. Doug Williams was not a great qb and set records in a SB against John Elway. Jeff Hostetler? Jim McMahon? Brad Johnson? Need I continue?? And as for super athletic qb’s Steve Young was one. Fran Tarkenton was one. If it wasn’t for the falcons in 98 the Vikings would’ve most certainly won the SB against Denver with Cunnighmam.

Vandy likes this

15 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Tell that to Randall cunningham and Doug Williams. He lead his team to a SB. He THREW 30 TD’s that year. Y’all kill me with that man. He doesn’t rely on athleticism alone. He lives and dies by the big play. PERIOD!!! And that’s what makes him dangerous. 

Vandy likes this

56 minutes ago, EJmusic said:

He's made that throw before to Roddy several times. 

I’ve never seen Matt throw a pass 30 yards backing up. Matt steps forward when he launches a deep pass. Always. It’ll be a suck from Matt if he tries to throw a long pass 30 yards in the air backing up. 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

I’ve never seen Matt throw a pass 30 yards backing up. Matt steps forward when he launches a deep pass. Always. It’ll be a suck from Matt if he tries to throw a long pass 30 yards in the air backing up. 

I just posted a video of him throwing 25 backpedaling on the previous page.. 

TheFatboi likes this

10 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

You can be Trent Dilfer and win a SB. This post makes absolutely no sense. Great qb play has NOT always won a SB. Terry Bradshaw was not a great qb but he played on a great team. Doug Williams was not a great qb and set records in a SB against John Elway. Jeff Hostetler? Jim McMahon? Brad Johnson? Need I continue?? And as for super athletic qb’s Steve Young was one. Fran Tarkenton was one. If it wasn’t for the falcons in 98 the Vikings would’ve most certainly won the SB against Denver with Cunnighmam.

So dumb. If it wasn't for this then that would have happened and if it wasn't for that then this would have happened. I hate playing the "what if" game because it's pointless. You don't know what Cunningham would have done in 98.

So like I said in my original statement. In the past 15 years how many of these freak athlete mobile QBs have won Super Bowls? If you need some help here is a list. All pocket passers except Russell Wilson. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_quarterbacks_with_multiple_Super_Bowl_starts

Are you saying Cam didn't have a great team in the 2016 Super Bowl? I think he had a **** good team and still couldn't lead them to victory.

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It would suck for Cam to throw to a spot instead of a player based off of his read of the defense and what they were doing too. They both have their faults.

Anybody arguing that Cam can't make throws that Ryan can't is off their rocker though. I won't argue specific plays though.

Just now, TheFatboi said:

I’ll check it out. I can’t recall. Matt likes to step into his throws. He depends on good mechanics on his throws  

Ummm like all good QBs do. What QB prefers to back pedal when throwing? :bang:

Just now, TheFatboi said:

I’ll check it out. I can’t recall. Matt likes to step into his throws. He depends on good mechanics on his throws  

Oh there is no doubt. I would throw up if Ryan always tried that. It's not his skill set. I would never even argue their skill sets are even close to the same. I'm just saying the dude has made the throw. If you play in the league for 10 years your gonna make some throws you wouldn't normally try. 

21 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

11 years here soon, a week from today  actually.....and she's still trying too. Though I think it's just a matter of habit at this point because she knows a losing battle when she sees one.

I feel for her...poor girl.

Jpizzle likes this

21 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Rodgers....Elway...Young...

Just now, Vandy said:

I feel for her...

You really should.

She asks everyday what the children got from her and all I can say is that my boy looks just like her with a squared up jaw. They've taught me so much about myself by being just like me and I have no clue how she has done it for so long. 

Pray for her. She's obviously an angel who crossed god in some way.

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

You really should.

She asks everyday what the children got from her and all I can say is that my boy looks just like her with a squared up jaw. They've taught me so much about myself by being just like me and I have no clue how she has done it for so long. 

Both of mine act like my wife. Sometimes it’s awesome but most of the time they don’t listen to a **** thing I say. 

Jpizzle and Vandy like this

Just now, Jpowers said:

It would suck for Cam to throw to a spot instead of a player based off of his read of the defense and what they were doing too. They both have their faults.

Anybody arguing that Cam can't make throws that Ryan can't is off their rocker though. I won't argue specific plays though.

Every qb has different skill sets. ALL OF THEM. There’s things Matt can do that cam can’t. And there’s things Cam can do Matt can’t do. These are facts. It’s not a diss to Matt if he can’t do something cam can. Matt can’t make certain throws Aaron Rodgers can. These are just facts. And I’m not talking about the route tree. I’m just talking on the fly. I don’t have to like Cam to know he makes those that half the qb’s in the league can’t or would Wen attempt. There’s throws Matt won’t even attempt that both Cam and Aaron will. There’s throws Matt can make that cam won’t attempt. Brett Favre made throws that nobody but Brett could make. There’s nothing WRONG with that. Each and every player at the same position has different skill sets. It doesn’t necessarily make one better than the other. Aaron has a better fast ball than Matt and therefore he’ll make a throw that Matt won’t. If Matt throws it it’s a pick. That’s all I’m saying. I don’t care how much I hate the panthers I won’t say Cam ain’t a good qb just because. They win with him. These are facts. Dispute the facts?? When he was hurt last year they didn’t win. He’s healthy now and they’re winning again. Football is the ultimate team sport and only a HANDFULL of qb’s can take over a game. Cam is one of them along with Wilson and Rodgers. It’s the END results that matter. Not numbers. Do they have the best chance to win with Cam or without him I’m THAT system. Do we have the best change to win with Matt or without him in OUR system. and Cam doesn’t have a Julio. Never has. 

Vandy likes this

3 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

You really should.

They all are, my man, in some form or fashion. 

Whats scary is all 3 of my daughters married little boys just like their daddy...ugh 

so, I guess it’s true, what goes around really does come back around and bit me right in the azz...

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

They all are, my man, in some form or fashion. 

Whats scary is all 3 of my daughters married little boys just like their daddy...ugh 

so, I guess it’s true, what goes around really does come back around and bit me right in the azz...

It's been both awesome and depressing to watch my sweet little girl turn into me. Mostly awesome though. I spend at least 30 minutes a day working on bounce passes with her at her demand. She practices dribbling that **** ball to an excruciating point though. It's her life. I imagine it's what my parents went through with me and my baseball obsession before football.

The sarcasm is a challenge because I'm usually stifling a laugh while the wife is all mad. It's quality sarcasm and I have to respect it at some level though. She's six....it has to be god given and who am I to not appreciate that? :)

Vandy likes this