Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vandy

You guys still think Cam’s Regressing?

254 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

i mean honestly not very many qbs make this play or even deliver it accurately.

Literally any qb in the nfl can make that throw.  His ability to escape pressure however...

1 minute ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Lol just no. Ryan cannot make that throw. Brady cannot make that throw. Brees cannot make that throw.

Did you watch the Bears game? First game of the season..pass to Hooper.  Same throw.

32 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

I’m not telling the whole story of who he is. I’m saying he’s a pedestrian thrower and now that their defense is showing signs of weaknesses, you stop the run and you will beat them. The odds are that if Cam has to throw to get back into it, he most likely won’t get it done.

Then what you're saying means jack. Making most teams one dimensional is a recipe for success but it is easier said than done.

Vandy likes this

Just now, abcranford2 said:

Did you watch the Bears game? First game of the season..pass to Hooper.  Same throw.

No, not even close. Cam was running backwards when he let the ball go. Ryan was scrambling forward. That was all arm and athleticism on Cam's part.

Vandy and NashvilleFalcon01 like this

12 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

Literally any qb in the nfl can make that throw.  His ability to escape pressure however...

Nah. Falling back like that? No. That’s Cam, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and MAYBE Matt Stafford. Ryan doesn’t have the arm strength to make that throw falling back. 

Including his rushing and passing, he accounted for 207 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. And you make a thread about that saying he’s not regressing, as if this was a breakout performance?

25 pass attempts and 11 rushes. 36 total plays. 5.75 yards per play. And 1/3 of all of those yards came on one play, while the other 35 plays accounted for 145 yards. And you think that’s a performance worth highlighting?

Their defense had 6 sacks, 2 INT’s, and a fumble for 3 total TO’s. That’s an impressive performance worth highlighting. 

6 minutes ago, Jerz said:

Then what you're saying means jack. Making most teams one dimensional is a recipe for success but it is easier said than done.

Then look at my other posts. I’m not saying everything again. It doesn’t matter what type of runner Cam is when he’s down 10-20 points and has to bring them back on his own. So telling the whole story about Cam means jack. Make them one dimensional and they will struggle.

1 minute ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Nah. Falling back like that? No. That’s Cam, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and MAYBE Matt Stafford. Ryan doesn’t have the arm strength to make that throw falling back. 

Exactly. You can count on one hand the number of QBs in the NFL that could successfully complete that pass running backwards, and you named most of them. Carson Wentz could probably do it.

Vandy likes this

Just now, JerseyNo12 said:

Exactly. You can count on one hand the number of QBs in the NFL that could successfully complete that pass running backwards, and you named most of them. Carson Wentz could probably do it.

Not with that knee :ninja:. Too soon?

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

Not with that knee :ninja:. Too soon?

I like Wentz. Really feel for him and that squad. But the road to the Super Bowl got that much easier with him out.

He's made that throw before to Roddy several times. 

13 minutes ago, pzummo said:

Including his rushing and passing, he accounted for 207 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. And you make a thread about that saying he’s not regressing, as if this was a breakout performance?

25 pass attempts and 11 rushes. 36 total plays. 5.75 yards per play. And 1/3 of all of those yards came on one play, while the other 35 plays accounted for 145 yards. And you think that’s a performance worth highlighting?

Their defense had 6 sacks, 2 INT’s, and a fumble for 3 total TO’s. That’s an impressive performance worth highlighting. 

LOL man ...

5 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I like Wentz. Really feel for him and that squad. But the road to the Super Bowl got that much easier with him out.

Me too but you’re 100% correct. They likely won’t make much noise in the playoffs. And as we know firsthand, that window can be hard to hold open. 

10 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Dude had like 147 yds...again..they win in spite of Cam..dudes not.that good at all

Here's Another lost soul...

3 minutes ago, EJmusic said:

He's made that throw before to Roddy several times. 

Ryan completed a pass to Roddy that traveled about 40 yards in the air backpedaling?

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

Then I don’t remember it. Got a vid?

Just look up some Matt Ryan highlights man. No he can't throw 50 yds on a rope but he can throw a fade away. I'm not going to disrespect Cam because he does open up the running game for Stewart. But y'all undersell Ryan's skillset. 

Just now, JerseyNo12 said:

Ryan completed a pass to Roddy that traveled about 40 yards in the air backpedaling?

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

You mean 30 yds? Yes I have man. So have you, you just forgot.

You take away Cam's ability to run 15 yards when he is in trouble and he would not be an NFL QB. Last year they tried to make him a pocket passer to keep him from getting hit so much and he couldn't do it. Because he isn't talented or smart enough to be a pocket QB.

3 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

His offensive line gave him all day back there. With an offensive line like that, Mark Sanchez would be an all pro. Cam still sucks and when teams put one good hit on him, he checks out.

Folks in here claimed all year Carolina’s OL sucks