Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vandy

You guys still think Cam’s Regressing?

254 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

i love when people bring up boxscore stats and think 'oh he only threw for 137 yards lol clearly bad'

context involves watching the actual game, which cam was the absolute reason we won. yall try and bring him down because he runs but that's also why he's fantastic.

he's a top tier runner and passer rolled up in one. can't deny having both of those meshed makes him elite.

He's not a top tier passer. It's his running ability and size that make him a dynamic player. Russell Wilson is a top tier passer and runner rolled into one. 

The year Cam won MVP Russ threw for 4,000+ yards, 34 TDs, 8 INTs, rushed for 500+ yards, completed over 68% of his passes and led the league with a passer rating of 110. Had the Seahawks won a few more games (namely against you guys) he would have been MVP. 

Quite frankly, Russ scares me much more than Cam because he can beat you running and from the pocket like Aaron Rodgers, but much more elusive.

3 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Cam is a great playmaker. Cam is essentially Vick without dogfighting and a more developed understanding of how to read defenses.

Cam's passing skills will never get better. He will continue to be a sub 60% thrower. He will forever throw off of his back foot. He will also continue to make wild plays in the pocket like the touchdown throw to Funchess today. 

He's inconsistent which makes him good, not elite. 

Some Falcons fans and @SamMills51 need to stop overvaluing him and some Falcons fans need to stop undervaluing him. 

The guy is a former NFL MVP. He's not undervalued. Folks know how good he is. He gets,  in my opinion,  greater praise than some pocket passer due to his ability to run. Despite the fact that at times his combined rushing and passing isn't as good as some of the pocket passing guys. 

It's really hard to judge Cam like we do other guys. I do however think he's having a better year than Matt Ryan. Mostly because he's having a down year though. 

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Aren’t they 9-4 and tied for 1st with Aints?

They sure are. Give credit for what they have done throughout the season. But what they did throughout doesn’t mean that’s what they will do to finish the season. You can see things changing.  They’ve given up an average of 27 points per game over the last 3. Over the last they’ve averaged 29 points per game.

in those games Cam went 11-28 for 168 17-27 for 183 and 13-25 for 137. That’s a total of 41-80. 

In Matt’s game vs the Saints where he had a very bad game he went 15-27 for 221. 

Get on that’s d and force Cam to keep up and again, the “odds” are that he “probably” won’t.

Cam is smoke and mirrors, the vikings played incredibly undisciplined defense, multiple stupid drive extending penalties, multiple short fields for cam.. 

their whole offense is basically an extension of the veer with some passing options. 

Kudos to them beating the vikings but im not really impressed with cam in any fashion 

7 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

and then he'll continue to prove that wrong.

it's funny considering the lions at the time said they specifically would stop the run and force cam to pass. they died because of that.

so, based on evidence seen from this season when pressured to pass, i'd say he'd do a good job at that.

1 game is evidence? **** the falcons have rushed for over 100 and held both teams below 17 points the last two weeks and until we do it again I won’t even consider it as evidence that we are a good D with a strong run game.

2 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

The guy is a former NFL MVP. He's not undervalued. Folks know how good he is. He gets,  in my opinion,  greater praise than some pocket passer due to his ability to run. Despite the fact that at times his combined rushing and passing isn't as good as some of the pocket passing guys. 

It's really hard to judge Cam like we do other guys. I do however think he's having a better year than Matt Ryan. Mostly because he's having a down year though. 

He is absolutely undervalued by some Falcons fans. I wasn't talking about the media.

In my post I mentioned Falcons fans so I'm basically talking about within these walls.

Vandy likes this

5 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Cam is a great playmaker. Cam is essentially Vick without dogfighting and a more developed understanding of how to read defenses.

Cam's passing skills will never get better. He will continue to be a sub 60% thrower. He will forever throw off of his back foot. He will also continue to make wild plays in the pocket like the touchdown throw to Funchess today. 

Some Falcons fans and @SamMills51 need to stop overvaluing him and some Falcons fans need to stop undervaluing him. 

i thought i was defending Cam when i posted a very similar post earlier. Sam unrealistically wants to make Cam's passing more than what the actual stats support. "operates the pocket like no other"?? LOL, literally no one who isn't a Panthers fan says this. Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger do what Cam tries to do as a passer, only better.

What Cam can do that they can't is what he did today - rip off a 62 yard run. There's nothing to be ashamed about being an inconsistently accurate, big-armed QB who is the best running QB in the league. Not sure why anyone would take umbrage with that assessment - which accurately describes his overall career.

Cam is a good QB. My biggest issue is his terrible attitude and lack of emotional control. The second he gets hit a few times and things stop going his way he sulks and then he crumbles. His showing in the Superbowl is EXACTLY why I have a hard time trusting Cam. From a throwing stand point it was bad however from an attitude standpoint it was pathetic. Superman turned into Sulkman that game. Not jumping on that fumble to save himself was one of the most pathetic things I've seen from a football player. Definetly not a guy I'd want leading my team. 

3 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Cam is smoke and mirrors, the vikings played incredibly undisciplined defense, multiple stupid drive extending penalties, multiple short fields for cam.. 

their whole offense is basically an extension of the veer with some passing options. 

Kudos to them beating the vikings but im not really impressed with cam in any fashion 

Guys with Cams ability make teams play undisciplined though. That’s kind of his whole thing. Because of his athletic ability, guys overplay him all the time. Not that it’s easy to be patient, but that’s the way it is. They get a little antsy waiting on something to happen and shoot their gun too soon. 

Vandy and SkerFalcon8710 like this

...Cam will never put up the fancy QB numbers....they dont use him that way....but he literally scares me every time he gets the snap...because you have no idea what you're going to get..

Vandy likes this

20 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

They sure are. Give credit for what they have done throughout the season. But what they did throughout doesn’t mean that’s what they will do to finish the season. You can see things changing.  They’ve given up an average of 27 points per game over the last 3. Over the last they’ve averaged 29 points per game.

in those games Cam went 11-28 for 168 17-27 for 183 and 13-25 for 137. That’s a total of 41-80. 

In Matt’s game vs the Saints where he had a very bad game he went 15-27 for 221. 

Get on that’s d and force Cam to keep up and again, the “odds” are that he “probably” won’t.

We’ll see. they get GB in Rodgers return next week. 

Just like last year’s end of year run, Things are setting up nicely for our falcons. 

TheFatboi likes this

He was just alright today and broke that big run late b/c Barr got held.  

With that D and what he and the RBs can do with their running game they're still plenty good enough to beat us again and win the SB though.

Vandy likes this

2 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Cam is a good QB. My biggest issue is his terrible attitude and lack of emotional control. The second he gets hit a few times and things stop going his way he sulks and then he crumbles. His showing in the Superbowl is EXACTLY why I have a hard time trusting Cam. From a throwing stand point it was bad however from an attitude standpoint it was pathetic. Superman turned into Sulkman that game. Not jumping on that fumble to save himself was one of the most pathetic things I've seen from a football player. Definetly not a guy I'd want leading my team. 

Boom

1 minute ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

i thought i was defending Cam when i posted a very similar post earlier. Sam unrealistically wants to make Cam's passing more than what the actual stats support. "operates the pocket like no other"?? LOL, literally no one who isn't a Panthers fan says this. Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger do what Cam tries to do as a passer, only better.

What Cam can do that they can't is what he did today - rip off a 62 yard run. There's nothing to be ashamed about being an inconsistently accurate, big-armed QB who is the best running QB in the league. Not sure why anyone would take umbrage with that assessment - which accurately describes his overall career.

People on this forum have a habit of using one game or even one play to bring out "told you so" and then end up looking dumb in the process.

16 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Well said. Me thinks @SamMills51 may have a friendly retort though...but I could be wrong...:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

People on this forum have a habit of using one game or even one play to bring out "told you so" and then end up looking dumb in the process.

LOL ....like that dumbarse OP of this thread!

ATLFalcons11 likes this

1 minute ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

That wasn't towards you btw. Not sure if that's what you thought of it.

You didn’t let me finish out my response, my good man! See my edit!

ATLFalcons11 likes this

Cam will always be nasty dangerous, but that play style will almost certainly cut his career short if he doesn't develop his pocket game