Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vandy

You guys still think Cam’s Regressing?

254 posts in this topic

Just now, SamMills51 said:

but there aren't much deficiencies with his passing skills. anyone that actually pays attention will notice he operates the pocket like no other, clearly avoiding pressure and making solid throws few could make.

such an annoying argument people even use against lamar jackson just because he also runs. 

eh, but whatever. you guys won't be convinced cam's an actual good passer and you won't convince me he's not. let's just leave it at that for now.

Bro, as a Cam defender in many cases, he's not that great as a passer. He misses wide open receivers so often, it's honestly a little frustrating watching in some cases. Not saying stats are the be-all end-all, but his accuracy statistics aren't an aberration or even wrong out of context.

Kaptain Krazy likes this

7 minutes ago, Jerz said:

You don't have to complete over 60% of your passes to win games or win the division as long as you can make important throws and have huge chunk plays saying he simply is a "bad passer" doesn't tell the whole story.

Aha! Here’s a falcon fan who gets Cam.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

2 minutes ago, jay1k2 said:

Matt Ryan has 8 4th quarter TD's and Cam has 4

How many were fgs and how many of those were we losing and then had to kick a fg to win. How many end to end wins where one scores first and never trails does each qb have?

Miss me with the 4 quarter come backs. We didn't score a td against this same Vikings team. Better tighten up.

Just now, SamMills51 said:

we played the vikings who were considered the class of the NFC coming in.

how could we do better lol.

I said you got away with it today.  Not knocking the team per se, but you know yourself that it is hard to rely on one guy to save you.  We had Vick, you have Cam, and the sehawks have Wilson.  QBs that rely on the legs too much is not a good formula for January/February.  

nomak likes this

17 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

i love when people bring up boxscore stats and think 'oh he only threw for 137 yards lol clearly bad'

context involves watching the actual game, which cam was the absolute reason we won. yall try and bring him down because he runs but that's also why he's fantastic.

he's a top tier runner and passer rolled up in one. can't deny having both of those meshed makes him elite.

Cam is as gifted a runner as there has ever been at the QB position. As a QB  he has moments where he can make amazing throws and some where he can't make the basic ones. He's wildly inconsistent.  

But he's in a situation where he is not asked to carry the load for the team. He carries it for the offense,  but even on days where the offense sucks they can win because of the defense. 

He's a good QB with unique gifts that make playing him a nightmare. But not in a class with the greats. 

Francis York Morgan likes this

7 minutes ago, Jerz said:

You don't have to complete over 60% of your passes to win games or win the division as long as you can make important throws and have huge chunk plays saying he simply is a "bad passer" doesn't tell the whole story.

I’m not telling the whole story of who he is. I’m saying he’s a pedestrian thrower and now that their defense is showing signs of weaknesses, you stop the run and you will beat them. The odds are that if Cam has to throw to get back into it, he most likely won’t get it done.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

1 minute ago, 32wood84white said:

I’m not telling the whole story of who he is. I’m saying he’s a pedestrian thrower and now that their defense is showing signs of weaknesses, you stop the run and you will beat them. The odds are that if Cam has to throw to get back into it, he most likely won’t get it done.

Aren’t they 9-4 and tied for 1st with Aints?

Jerz #Quinning likes this

The odds are that if Cam has to throw to get back into it, he most likely won’t get it done.

see 2017 lions game. i don't even think we got 20 yards running but we beat the crap out of the lions passing.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Waaay too boring in here today with no falcon game going on. 

We can fix that. Just say “Cam” lol.

and my knock on Cam has never been his passing skills. It’s always been his mental approach to things. Cam is too emotional. QBs have to be level headed at all times. When things are bad, Cam is VERY bad. 

Vandy and Slappywhite like this

7 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

i love when people bring up boxscore stats and think 'oh he only threw for 137 yards lol clearly bad'

context involves watching the actual game, which cam was the absolute reason we won. yall try and bring him down because he runs but that's also why he's fantastic.

he's a top tier runner and passer rolled up in one. can't deny having both of those meshed makes him elite.

Yawn...... I don't care if he really was superman and won every game, the fact he has the maturity of a toddler undermines it all.

SamMills51 likes this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

We can fix that. Just say “Cam” lol.

and my knock on Cam has never been his passing skills. It’s always been his mental approach to things. Cam is too emotional. QBs have to be level headed at all times. When things are bad, Cam is VERY bad. 

No doubt. Folks said Hageman was an enigma. 

1 minute ago, diehardfalconsfan said:

Yawn...... I don't care if he really was superman and won every game, the fact he has the maturity of a toddler undermines it all.

That’s more like it....Now it’s starting to get good in here....got the blood pumping now, eh?

2 minutes ago, diehardfalconsfan said:

i'd take an immature emotional toddler if he guarantees me a lombardi every year over a plastic emotionless generic 'gives the right answers always' that continually remains average and mediocre.

1 minute ago, SamMills51 said:

see 2017 lions game. i don't even think we got 20 yards running but we beat the crap out of the lions passing.

Sam who cares about back then? It’s about the now. Look at the teams now because right now your getting a better look at what they will be like these last three weeks and into the playoffs. Sure Cam has a big time game and is capable of doing it again. That’s why I said the “odds” are he “probably” won’t bring them back.

Cam is a great playmaker. Cam is essentially Vick without dogfighting and a more developed understanding of how to read defenses.

Cam's passing skills will never get better. He will continue to be a sub 60% thrower. He will forever throw off of his back foot. He will also continue to make wild plays in the pocket like the touchdown throw to Funchess today. 

He's inconsistent which makes him good, not elite. 

Some Falcons fans and @SamMills51 need to stop overvaluing him and some Falcons fans need to stop undervaluing him. 

Sam who cares about back then? It’s about the now. Look at the teams now because right now your getting a better look at what they will be like these last three weeks and into the playoffs. Sure Cam has a big time game and is capable of doing it again. That’s why I said the “odds” are he “probably” won’t bring them back.

and then he'll continue to prove that wrong.

it's funny considering the lions at the time said they specifically would stop the run and force cam to pass. they died because of that.

so, based on evidence seen from this season when pressured to pass, i'd say he'd do a good job at that.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No doubt. Folks said Hageman was an enigma. 

Well, it’s different when you’re a defensive player. I could care less what players are unhinged on the team with the exception of my QB. Ray Lewis was a mad man every game. His emotions brought the best out of his teammates. And he was the leader of that team and still became unhinged all the time. I just need my QB to be mature and cool at all times. QBs must handle crisis. IMO, Cam can’t 

Vandy likes this

16 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Matt gets you in fg range. If Matt Bryant doesn't make those, than we lose. Let alone a 50+ yarder. Just stop.

Not true

3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

i'd take an immature emotional toddler if he guarantees me a lombardi every year over a plastic emotionless generic 'gives the right answers always' that continually remains average and mediocre.

What “emotional toddler” has played QB and delivered a lombardi to a franchise? 

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That’s more like it....Now it’s starting to get good in here....got the blood pumping now, eh?

Vandy.....why you in here starting trouble...:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Someone is getting annoyed....

Vandy likes this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Vandy.....why you in here starting trouble...:rolleyes: