Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vandy

You guys still think Cam’s Regressing?

254 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jay1k2 said:

Probably true...but then he misses the routine throws most QB's make.

Yeah, he has moments, and sometimes even entire games, where he is awe-inspiring. He'll also have plenty of games where he looks like he has no business being an NFL quarterback. Very inconsistent, and thus you never really know what to expect from Carolina. They could have a game like today, or they could have a game where the Bears defense scores more points than the Panthers offense. 

He's basically their Vick. 

Slappywhite likes this

i love when people bring up boxscore stats and think 'oh he only threw for 137 yards lol clearly bad'

context involves watching the actual game, which cam was the absolute reason we won. yall try and bring him down because he runs but that's also why he's fantastic.

he's a top tier runner and passer rolled up in one. can't deny having both of those meshed makes him elite.

3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

when your only receiver is funchess with every other receiver dropping the ball of course your comp percentage won't be good.

completion percentage is not accuracy.

That’s not a good excuse because his career percentage is low. It’s not like they haven’t had any receivers 

8 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

how can you honestly say this while objectively watching the last two games.

aside one missed throw to cmc against the vikings that led to the fluky interception and one bad deep ball against the saints, he's been absolutely stellar imo, and most objective analysts have agreed as well.

I wondered how long it would take you to show up Sammy. Where you been lately?

Just now, Ryan2Julio11 said:

That’s not a good excuse because his career percentage is low. It’s not like they haven’t had any receivers 

only good offense we've had was 2011. otherwise, he's been stuck with an old unmotivated steve smith and olsen throughout his whole career and jags for everyone else.

Just now, SamMills51 said:

i love when people bring up boxscore stats and think 'oh he only threw for 137 yards lol clearly bad'

context involves watching the actual game, which cam was the absolute reason we won. yall try and bring him down because he runs but that's also why he's fantastic.

he's a top tier runner and passer rolled up in one. can't deny having both of those meshed makes him elite.

He’s not a top tier passer lol. 

12 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

how can you honestly say this while objectively watching the last two games.

aside one missed throw to cmc against the vikings that led to the fluky interception and one bad deep ball against the saints, he's been absolutely stellar imo, and most objective analysts have agreed as well.

because i don't judge based on the sample size of 2 games? 

Compared to how most on this FALCONS board talk about him, my assessment was actually very favorable. If you want more fluffy praise for a CAROLINA player, perhaps you could spend more time on their boards. sheesh

Slappywhite likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

I wondered how long it would take you to show up Sammy. Where you been lately?

in and out of cardiac care over how the panthers season is going lol.

Vandy likes this

6 minutes ago, jay1k2 said:

People **** on Matt Ryan for completing 66% with the team leading the league in dropped passes, lol.

Seems more and more people **** on Ryan here and praise every other QB more and more. Ridiculous 

jay1k2 likes this

Just now, Kaptain Krazy said:

because i don't judge based on the sample size of 2 games? 

the sample size of this whole season minus the first few games he was clearly hurting on his shoulder has been pretty good.

2 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

Don’t understand your point. What does that have to do with winning the division? So cam will go 11-28 and make 1 dazzling throw. Good for them. That doesn’t lead to winning a division.

You don't have to complete over 60% of your passes to win games or win the division as long as you can make important throws and have huge chunk plays saying he simply is a "bad passer" doesn't tell the whole story.

Vandy likes this

I haven't seen anything all year to suggest he's improved as a passer. Even just from when he entered the league. So yeah, he regressed there, and he's still a crazy talented athlete.

His legs haven't "regressed." But good lord, he's been off on so many passes this year.

He's good in a different way. All it is. God knows Ryan isn't exactly playing to expectations this year, so...

Just now, Godzilla1985 said:

Seems more and more people shot on Ryan here and praise every other QB more and more. Ridiculous 

i mean by far ryan's worst game was against the saints. but otherwise, he's been phenominal and mvp caliber as well for most of the season.

Godzilla1985 likes this

18 minutes ago, mc said:

This is dumb, Ryan has way more 4th quarter come backs than Cam.

Matt gets you in fg range. If Matt Bryant doesn't make those, than we lose. Let alone a 50+ yarder. Just stop.

6 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

This is basically the Vick defense (from me included) for several years. Other fan bases pointed out that his passing was too inconsistent, but I was never really willing to admit it until Ryan got here and showed how true that was. 

That doesn't mean he's not a winner, but all the incredible things he does are often necessary because of his shortcomings in other areas. 

Vandy likes this

.....the Falcon's.....lead by Matt Ryan....didn't score one TD against this same Vikings team. And our defense held them to less points. Lol. 

1 minute ago, SamMills51 said:

the sample size of this whole season minus the first few games he was clearly hurting on his shoulder has been pretty good.

which is what my original post said - his running skills offset what deficiencies exist in his passing skills. When paired with a good D, he's a legit threat to win. 

Vandy likes this

13 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

i mean honestly not very many qbs make this play or even deliver it accurately.

True, but it's hard to rely on QBs doing this against better teams in the playoffs (if you get there) because they are complete teams there for the most part.  Look at how the seahawks are struggling making Wilson take the brunt of the offensive plays.  That is just not a good winning formula against higher caliber teams.  

But today it worked for you guys.

9 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

cam was absolutely stellar that game. even pff surprisingly gave him a higher grade than drew brees on the day.

everyone else literally sucked. 

So he couldn’t “take the game over”

falconsd56 and hotlanta like this

Just now, SamMills51 said:

i mean by far ryan's worst game was against the saints. but otherwise, he's been phenominal and mvp caliber as well for most of the season.

He's definitely been better than a lot of people think, but I wouldn't say phenomenal at all. He's been far, far worse on deep passes. Still think he's a top 8 or so passer, but can't say much more than that...granted, his receivers aren't helping him with all the dropped passes and whatnot. Think we're at 8 INTs off dropped passes now this year...most all of last year was 4. 4, for the absolute worst team when it came to dropped passes turning into INTs. That's insane.

Same goes here, though. Never really thought Cam was an incredible passer - God knows he can be since he has an incredible arm, but he hasn't really elevated outside of 2015 for the most part. Still, he can gash you on the ground and complete some nuts passes. Just a different type of player. Not that comparable.

Just now, Kaptain Krazy said:

which is what my original post said - his running skills offset what deficiencies exist in his passing skills. When paired with a good D, he's a legit threat to win. 

but there aren't much deficiencies with his passing skills. anyone that actually pays attention will notice he operates the pocket like no other, clearly avoiding pressure and making solid throws few could make.

such an annoying argument people even use against lamar jackson just because he also runs. 

eh, but whatever. you guys won't be convinced cam's an actual good passer and you won't convince me he's not. let's just leave it at that for now.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

True, but it's hard to rely on QBs doing this against better teams in the playoffs (if you get there) because they are complete teams there for the most part. 

we played the vikings who were considered the class of the NFC coming in.

how could we do better lol.