Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stingbee

My First Official Post: My Falcons Take

8 posts in this topic

I used to live for 20+ years in Atlanta, but now I live in the Bay Area (since 2003). I left the city, but not the memories and my affiliation to the Falcons. 

This season has been like a jigsaw puzzle- difficult dissecting the Falcons. Regardless, I will take a 8-5 record with a difficult schedule with the chance of winning the division. The NFC is full of parity and no team is invincible. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Wild Card team causing havoc in the playoffs. 

The Rams and the Eagles Are unknown commodity in the playoffs with young inexperienced QB’s. The Vikings are good defensively, but are not a super team. 

I wouldn’t be surprised that a team like the Falcons, the Saints, and Seattle could be far more dangerous with experienced QB’s. The Falcons are focused and they will finish strong. The Panthers will be out of the playoff contention due to tough schedule and one-dimensional offense that is very predictable. 

As real fans, we need to be optimistic and anything could happen once we make it to the playoffs.  We have a great Conference record and winning record on the road. We have beaten the Saints, Seahawks, Cowboys, Packers, and the Lions. We will blowout the Bucs on MNF, and will go to New Orleans with a momentum. Our Defense is looking good and more experienced than last year. We are producing sacks and hits on the opposing OBs. Our running game is strong and OL has only given 17 sacks. We are definitely talented and could cause major havoc in the playoffs. 

I'm just hoping the old cliché 'defense wins championships' is true, because

our offense isn't consistent enough to get it done just now...but I think our defense

might be really coming on at the right time.    If we can win two of the last three,

we should be in the playoffs.

Then anything is possible...

FalconFan1st likes this

I've been a Falcon Fan since 1966,  I used to sneak in to the Fulton County Stadium to watch the birds.   They have improved greatly since the early days.   Matt Ryan and Company have got things moving in the right direction.  Just stay strong,  finish and play every down like the two minute drill.  Feed the ball to Julio Jones, Matt Hooper,  Mohammed Sanu,  and all the rest of the team....Falcons Baby.

falconsrus, Karst41 and Rhodaric like this

2 hours ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Hope you are correct about the Panties since I live in Charlotte.

The Panthers are not going anywhere with that predictable offense ran by an overrated QB. I really do think they will lose to the Vikings and the Packers (with AR). The Packers are 5-3 against the Saints in the last few meetings. 

They will have 2 road games finishing the season. 

hotlanta and olehippy13 like this

One game at a time. The NFC play off race is tough this year. I am cautiously optimistic but won't be surprised if Falcons won't make the playoffs. Week 17 game against Panthers will decide the Falcons playoff fate.

1 hour ago, olehippy13 said:

I've been a Falcon Fan since 1966,  I used to sneak in to the Fulton County Stadium to watch the birds.   They have improved greatly since the early days.   Matt Ryan and Company have got things moving in the right direction.  Just stay strong,  finish and play every down like the two minute drill.  Feed the ball to Julio Jones, Matt Hooper,  Mohammed Sanu,  and all the rest of the team....Falcons Baby.

Please tell me Matt is Austin's brother who we acquired recently that can actually hold on to the ball

Sui_Generis likes this