Ryan,Quinn and Sarkisian

Xfactor

12 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I mean....Brees did the same thing at the end of the game. So apparently experience doesnt eliminate that stuff completely. 

Sometimes, you have a bad game. He had 3-4 decisions that were truly awful. He has to get it cleaned up. 

He never seemed to lose his poise.

I get your point, but MR sometimes can play bad for no real particular reason.

MR stats weren't eye opening against Seattle, but I thought his poise, grasp of the situation were upper echelon. His best game IMO...in a tough atmosphere.

Sometimes he makes mistakes a rookie QB at this juncture of the season shouldn't be excused for. 

At times he looked like the situation was too big for him.

I didn't think last season was a fluke...I expect MR to get into groove.

1 minute ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

He never seemed to lose his poise.

I get your point, but MR sometimes can play bad for no real particular reason.

MR stats weren't eye opening against Seattle, but I thought his poise, grasp of the situation were upper echelon. His best game IMO...in a tough atmosphere.

Sometimes he makes mistakes a rookie QB at this juncture of the season shouldn't be excused for. 

At times he looked like the situation was too big for him.

I didn't think last season was a fluke...I expect MR to get into groove.

I didnt think poise was a problem, I thought decision-making was. The endzone pick wasnt a lack of poise, IMO, it was a poor attempt at getting a "jump ball" to his WR. The INT at the end of the 2nd half looked like a terrible situation all around. I dont understand what we're doing there given the situation. 

I also desperately want us to get rid of these weird "quick pump fake, throw the ball into a crowd" plays that we seem to call once a week. 

I thought he settled in during the 4th. Which was nice to see. Hopefully he gets back in the groove that he was in against Seattle/Dallas. 

1 hour ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I KNEW he threw those trying to draw a flag. I get it, but you can’t do that. Period. 

Make the play Ryan... don’t rely on the zebras 

Add to that Julio almost never gets any calls for him. Defenders can do anything they want to Julio and the Refs just let it go. Then like last night a huge BS call saying Julio pushed off. This refs in the NFL are just a frigging JOKE!!! No wonder ratings are going down. I have said it before I am not enjoying the games because the REFs!!!! Call the games fair dang it!!!!

22 minutes ago, QuinnTorris said:

Sark can't be blamed for the stupid azz turnovers by Ryan and drops by the receivers. Hooper needs to be cut and replaced ASAP. We have neglected the TE position for years now. 

Sark CAN be blamed for some of these turnovers. Hooper owns one, Sark owns a half, Ryan owns one and a half, IMO. 

I understand the Hooper frustration but the idea that he has to be cut and replaced is silly. He's a net positive, overall. He just has to clean a few things up....which isnt uncommon with TEs. The 3rd year for a TE is the big jump year. Next year will be vital for him. 

Its tough to say weve neglected the TE position for years immediately after saying we should cut the TE we drafted in the 3rd round literally last year. I'd be open to adding another one in the draft this year but lets take it easy, bruh. 

2 hours ago, Xfactor said:

I've had this Ryan avatar in my sig since the day we drafted him. I love what he's brought to Atlanta as a player and a person easy to say I'm one of his biggest fans. But as the reigning MVP we gotta talk about what we saw last night and pretty much this year. In his defense Ryan has had 4 OC during his career with the current one probably being the worst. Let me explain how off Ryan is during the press conference last night he said on one of the interceptions to Julio I threw it because I thought he would get a PI call WTF ? When I looked back at the game Lattimore was already in front of Julio before he throws the ball so I guess that's a good reason because there is no other possible explanation of why he did. Ryan is staring down his receivers again Shanahan got him out of this habit and he only threw 7 int last year instead of 5 one game and 3 last night. Finally Ryan with the season on the line you have to pick up that first down sliding was not an option. Ryan is so off his game and this isn't a good time to see him this way but with TB next week maybe just maybe he can get back on track.

Quinn I thought when Atlanta hired you I thought this ******** would stop you seem to be an intelligent man but your situational awareness sucks and your clock management skills leave a lot to be desired. In the first half you have time outs in your pocket and on the final drive before the half you allow precious seconds to run off going from being able to run two plays down to one. Then you call a time out to keep the clock from starting because you let the time run off the clock again WTF. In this case it didn't matter why see above. Then late in the game on 4 and less than a yard no matter the outcome you take the penalty make it 3-11 make the FG harder or better yet take them out of FG range with a sack. You actually thought Payton with the impact this game had would settle on a FG with less than a yard ???

Sark **** what's left to say except I will say you've gotten better but your college formations have got to stop not only did I know when we were going to run the ball I knew what side. I'm screaming at the TV get out of man and go to trips or bunch the receivers it only took you 3 quarters to figure it out. Thanks again for getting Coleman killed running him up the gut again /smh now he's in concussion protocol. The misuse of talent is staggering and please throw away the college sweep please ZBS and use cutbacks this is where our backs did the most damage last year.

Shanahan schemed his WR's open and that helped Ryan a lot none of that is happening this year and we are paying for it. Someone posted in another thread Ryan can't take over a game and to some extent this is true he is a product of the system and most of the time runs what's called. In the past I would see Ryan with more command at the line and doing a lot more audibles last year not so much due to Shanahan's system and now with this college OC he's still not taking over a game just being a puppet and that is so hard for me to say.

Sorry for the long post but just had to get it off my chest and I love you guys well most of you =P

All valid points but the one that stands out to me is that Ryan is a byproduct of the system in place.  I agree and Sarkisian the UNDERTAKER has buried a once prolific offense.  Please get this guy on the first bus out of town, hire Gary Kubiak as an offense consultant, or put his butt on the bench and bring in someone more qualified.

Sark called a decent game.

The execution on offense was pretty poor outside of the first and last drives of the game. 

Ryan just looked so uncomfortable and indecisive this game. Tried to force throws to Julio.. you just gotta trust other guys and throw the ball away. Left 6 points off the board because of his mistakes. 

The offense is still going through growing pains, and we arent catching anyone by surprise.  I believe its not a black and white execution or play calling thing, plenty of things about the offense are not on the same page, we would not be having this if it were.  Not saying its all on sark or not, but Im hoping they get it ironed out.  There are not a ton of weak spots on this Offense and we should be able to score much more.

3 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

The offense is still going through growing pains, and we arent catching anyone by surprise.  I believe its not a black and white execution or play calling thing, plenty of things about the offense are not on the same page, we would not be having this if it were.  Not saying its all on sark or not, but Im hoping they get it ironed out.  There are not a ton of weak spots on this Offense and we should be able to score much more.

Pretty sure he was talking to the ref here. Looked like there was misunderstanding about the refs being ready for us to snap the ball. 

4 hours ago, dmo_dlo said:

I would add Freeman's fumble to WTF moments of this game. He had a good game, but how can you fumble in that situation? So glad we recovered or we would have never heard the end of it. 

He got absolutely walloped and was lucky not to get injured in that play. Sometimes the defense just makes a play. 

4 hours ago, Xfactor said:

If that's what you got out of this post I can't help you. If you want to use the big brush go ahead you're way overstating Brady and Rodgers success because of their defenses Russell I agree with but even Russell is playing better this year with a very average D.

Russell’s actually playing out of his mind this year. 

24 minutes ago, Oh4Real?! said:

Sark called a decent game.

The execution on offense was pretty poor outside of the first and last drives of the game. 

Ryan just looked so uncomfortable and indecisive this game. Tried to force throws to Julio.. you just gotta trust other guys and throw the ball away. Left 6 points off the board because of his mistakes. 

Sarks offense is extremely predictable. Outside a few curve balls two or three times a game it seems like we run the same plays over and over, sometimes even back to back. 

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I am.  And he wasn't.

He was routinely getting through 2 and 3 reads.  Didn't look pretty because the Saints secondary was doing a good job when they weren't mugging.

Saints have an excellent secondary. It’s main reason their defense has improved as it has. 

4 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Hooper has flashed and is in his 1st season as the tight end.

I agree with rest of your post.

The ball hit him in the hands and the chest. Inexcusable even if it is your first season in the NFL as a tight end. That's a catch they would expect you to make playing junior varsity.

Edited by 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit

5 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Nice post. A fine tuned NFL offense can be derailed by just 1 person screwing up. Placing the blame on 1 guy only applies to individual plays though. The truth is always more complicated and each of the things you mentioned is part of it. 

Quinn needs an "Assistant Head Coach" who actually assists him with in game decision making. Last night: We missed a challenge opportunity on a catch they made that hit the ground and moved. We failed to call TO after the Gabriel catch. We should have accepted the 10 yard penalty.

Ryan has been uncharacteristically inaccurate with his placement and missed open reads.

Sark hasn't provided the unpredictability, mismatches, and wide open looks that we saw a year ago. He hasn't used our RBs to their strengths enough.

The recievers have dropped a lot of balls.

Kick coverage this year has been rough.

On the bright side, our defense is good and getting better. We're talented enough to have all these problems and still be in the thick of the division and wc hunt.

33 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Sarks offense is extremely predictable. Outside a few curve balls two or three times a game it seems like we run the same plays over and over, sometimes even back to back. 

Am I the only person sick of seeing the toss play for -2 yards? lmao

Vikings play calling was atrocious. This week he did better but Ryan just didn't execute well. Tevin and Freeman looked solid on the ground. Just wish he would stretch the defense more by using them in a 3WR 2RB set. That would be interesting to see.