Jump to content

Ryan,Quinn and Sarkisian


Xfactor
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've had this Ryan avatar in my sig since the day we drafted him. I love what he's brought to Atlanta as a player and a person easy to say I'm one of his biggest fans. But as the reigning MVP we gotta talk about what we saw last night and pretty much this year. In his defense Ryan has had 4 OC during his career with the current one probably being the worst. Let me explain how off Ryan is during the press conference last night he said on one of the interceptions to Julio I threw it because I thought he would get a PI call WTF ? When I looked back at the game Lattimore was already in front of Julio before he throws the ball so I guess that's a good reason because there is no other possible explanation of why he did. Ryan is staring down his receivers again Shanahan got him out of this habit and he only threw 7 int last year instead of 5 one game and 3 last night. Finally Ryan with the season on the line you have to pick up that first down sliding was not an option. Ryan is so off his game and this isn't a good time to see him this way but with TB next week maybe just maybe he can get back on track.

Quinn I thought when Atlanta hired you I thought this ******** would stop you seem to be an intelligent man but your situational awareness sucks and your clock management skills leave a lot to be desired. In the first half you have time outs in your pocket and on the final drive before the half you allow precious seconds to run off going from being able to run two plays down to one. Then you call a time out to keep the clock from starting because you let the time run off the clock again WTF. In this case it didn't matter why see above. Then late in the game on 4 and less than a yard no matter the outcome you take the penalty make it 3-11 make the FG harder or better yet take them out of FG range with a sack. You actually thought Payton with the impact this game had would settle on a FG with less than a yard ???

Sark **** what's left to say except I will say you've gotten better but your college formations have got to stop not only did I know when we were going to run the ball I knew what side. I'm screaming at the TV get out of man and go to trips or bunch the receivers it only took you 3 quarters to figure it out. Thanks again for getting Coleman killed running him up the gut again /smh now he's in concussion protocol. The misuse of talent is staggering and please throw away the college sweep please ZBS and use cutbacks this is where our backs did the most damage last year.

Shanahan schemed his WR's open and that helped Ryan a lot none of that is happening this year and we are paying for it. Someone posted in another thread Ryan can't take over a game and to some extent this is true he is a product of the system and most of the time runs what's called. In the past I would see Ryan with more command at the line and doing a lot more audibles last year not so much due to Shanahan's system and now with this college OC he's still not taking over a game just being a puppet and that is so hard for me to say.

Sorry for the long post but just had to get it off my chest and I love you guys well most of you =P

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's so strange to see Matt Ryan constantly measured against Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson and then, when Ryan plays poorly but gets a team win, its a demerit. Meanwhile, Brady and Wilson owe TONS of victories to their defenses/special teams, and Rodgers has only ever won at the highest level when he had a defense win him an NFCCG. 

 

Bizarre. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I've had this Ryan avatar in my sig since the day we drafted him. I love what he's brought to Atlanta as a player and a person easy to say I'm one of his biggest fans. But as the reigning MVP we gotta talk about what we saw last night and pretty much this year. In his defense Ryan has had 4 OC during his career with the current one probably being the worst. Let me explain how off Ryan is during the press conference last night he said on one of the interceptions to Julio I threw it because I thought he would get a PI call WTF ? When I looked back at the game Lattimore was already in front of Julio before he throws the ball so I guess that's a good reason because there is no other possible explanation of why he did. Ryan is staring down his receivers again Shanahan got him out of this habit and he only threw 7 int last year instead of 5 one game and 3 last night. Finally Ryan with the season on the line you have to pick up that first down sliding was not an option. Ryan is so off his game and this isn't a good time to see him this way but with TB next week maybe just maybe he can get back on track.

Quinn I thought when Atlanta hired you I thought this ******** would stop you seem to be an intelligent man but your situational awareness sucks and your clock management skills leave a lot to be desired. In the first half you have time outs in your pocket and on the final drive before the half you allow precious seconds to run off going from being able to run two plays down to one. Then you call a time out to keep the clock from starting because you let the time run off the clock again WTF. In this case it didn't matter why see above. Then late in the game on 4 and less than a yard no matter the outcome you take the penalty make it 3-11 make the FG harder or better yet take them out of FG range with a sack. You actually thought Payton with the impact this game had would settle on a FG with less than a yard ???

Sark **** what's left to say except I will say you've gotten better but your college formations have got to stop not only did I know when we were going to run the ball I knew what side. I'm screaming at the TV get out of man and go to trips or bunch the receivers it only took you 3 quarters to figure it out. Thanks again for getting Coleman killed running him up the gut again /smh now he's in concussion protocol. The misuse of talent is staggering and please throw away the college sweep please ZBS and use cutbacks this is where our backs did the most damage last year.

Shanahan schemed his WR's open and that helped Ryan a lot none of that is happening this year and we are paying for it. Someone posted in another thread Ryan can't take over a game and to some extent this is true he is a product of the system and most of the time runs what's called. In the past I would see Ryan with more command at the line and doing a lot more audibles last year not so much due to Shanahan's system and now with this college OC he's still not taking over a game just being a puppet and that is so hard for me to say.

Sorry for the long post but just had to get it off my chest and I love you guys well most of you =P

 

I agree X. These 3 people is the beginning of our woes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It's so strange to see Matt Ryan constantly measured against Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson and then, when Ryan plays poorly but gets a team win, its a demerit. Meanwhile, Brady and Wilson owe TONS of victories to their defenses/special teams, and Rodgers has only ever won at the highest level when he had a defense win him an NFCCG. 

 

Bizarre. 

Larry now Larry - Mattie was awful last night and should not be mentioned in the same breath with those 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falcon mama said:

Larry now Larry - Mattie was awful last night and should not be mentioned in the same breath with those 

He wasnt good, for sure. But do you think those guys dont have bad games on their resume? 

There are some awwwwwwful Russell Wilson games. There are some really bad Brady games too. 

Get over it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been strange for Matt Ryan this year.  No one can deny that.  I cant tell if its an issue with some of our "stone handed" receivers (looking at you Hooper!), poor mechanics--not setting his feet, unsure of the new Sark system or what.  He is just OFF.  I mean we have seen seasons where he was literally running for his life, but he was always accurate and found the open guy.  Now every time I see the guy throw--I find myself praying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It's so strange to see Matt Ryan constantly measured against Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson and then, when Ryan plays poorly but gets a team win, its a demerit. Meanwhile, Brady and Wilson owe TONS of victories to their defenses/special teams, and Rodgers has only ever won at the highest level when he had a defense win him an NFCCG. 

 

Bizarre. 

If that's what you got out of this post I can't help you. If you want to use the big brush go ahead you're way overstating Brady and Rodgers success because of their defenses Russell I agree with but even Russell is playing better this year with a very average D.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It's so strange to see Matt Ryan constantly measured against Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson and then, when Ryan plays poorly but gets a team win, its a demerit. Meanwhile, Brady and Wilson owe TONS of victories to their defenses/special teams, and Rodgers has only ever won at the highest level when he had a defense win him an NFCCG. 

 

Bizarre. 

When you're as good as the QB's you named above - you'll have to deal with the comparisons -  Matt's a great QB but sometimes when he plays poorly - it's consistent and glaring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It's so strange to see Matt Ryan constantly measured against Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson and then, when Ryan plays poorly but gets a team win, its a demerit. Meanwhile, Brady and Wilson owe TONS of victories to their defenses/special teams, and Rodgers has only ever won at the highest level when he had a defense win him an NFCCG. 

 

Bizarre. 

 

 

It's so frustrating coming on here after a huge win seeing all the doom and gloom thread after thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Godzilla1985 said:

 

 

It's so frustrating coming on here after a huge win seeing all the doom and gloom thread after thread. 

I just can't fathom being upset that my favorite team is capable of winning huge games against division leaders in multiple ways. Especially when said win comes when the QB doesnt play well. 

For a fan base that's allegedly "cursed" we sure do have pretty out-of-whack expectations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan made a couple of bad throws and I just have to say about that......playing QB in the NFL is HARD.  It's a really hard job.  At times every single person who does it is going to look bad.

That being said, there was one play that really bothered me....Matt Ryan sliding 4 yards short of a first down with the game on the line when he had a good chance to make it.  I know QBs want to protect themselves but gawd I hated that.  Collinsworth called him out on it too.

Fortunately Matt threw a TD on the 3rd down play so it won't be discussed much, but still didn't care for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Ryan made a couple of bad throws and I just have to say about that......playing QB in the NFL is HARD.  It's a really hard job.  At times every single person who does it is going to look bad.

That being said, there was one play that really bothered me....Matt Ryan sliding 4 yards short of a first down with the game on the line when he had a good chance to make it.  I know QBs want to protect themselves but gawd I hated that.  Collinsworth called him out on it too.

Fortunately Matt threw a TD on the 3rd down play so it won't be discussed much, but still didn't care for it.

I agree, P. I just laughed and commented in the game thread about that slide after he did it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Ryan made a couple of bad throws and I just have to say about that......playing QB in the NFL is HARD.  It's a really hard job.  At times every single person who does it is going to look bad.

That being said, there was one play that really bothered me....Matt Ryan sliding 4 yards short of a first down with the game on the line when he had a good chance to make it.  I know QBs want to protect themselves but gawd I hated that.  Collinsworth called him out on it too.

Fortunately Matt threw a TD on the 3rd down play so it won't be discussed much, but still didn't care for it.

Agreed on all points. Wish he would have legged that one out. Even if he doesnt pick it up, I'd like to see a bit more assertiveness. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I've had this Ryan avatar in my sig since the day we drafted him. I love what he's brought to Atlanta as a player and a person easy to say I'm one of his biggest fans. But as the reigning MVP we gotta talk about what we saw last night and pretty much this year. In his defense Ryan has had 4 OC during his career with the current one probably being the worst. Let me explain how off Ryan is during the press conference last night he said on one of the interceptions to Julio I threw it because I thought he would get a PI call WTF ? When I looked back at the game Lattimore was already in front of Julio before he throws the ball so I guess that's a good reason because there is no other possible explanation of why he did. Ryan is staring down his receivers again Shanahan got him out of this habit and he only threw 7 int last year instead of 5 one game and 3 last night. Finally Ryan with the season on the line you have to pick up that first down sliding was not an option. Ryan is so off his game and this isn't a good time to see him this way but with TB next week maybe just maybe he can get back on track.

Quinn I thought when Atlanta hired you I thought this ******** would stop you seem to be an intelligent man but your situational awareness sucks and your clock management skills leave a lot to be desired. In the first half you have time outs in your pocket and on the final drive before the half you allow precious seconds to run off going from being able to run two plays down to one. Then you call a time out to keep the clock from starting because you let the time run off the clock again WTF. In this case it didn't matter why see above. Then late in the game on 4 and less than a yard no matter the outcome you take the penalty make it 3-11 make the FG harder or better yet take them out of FG range with a sack. You actually thought Payton with the impact this game had would settle on a FG with less than a yard ???

Sark **** what's left to say except I will say you've gotten better but your college formations have got to stop not only did I know when we were going to run the ball I knew what side. I'm screaming at the TV get out of man and go to trips or bunch the receivers it only took you 3 quarters to figure it out. Thanks again for getting Coleman killed running him up the gut again /smh now he's in concussion protocol. The misuse of talent is staggering and please throw away the college sweep please ZBS and use cutbacks this is where our backs did the most damage last year.

Shanahan schemed his WR's open and that helped Ryan a lot none of that is happening this year and we are paying for it. Someone posted in another thread Ryan can't take over a game and to some extent this is true he is a product of the system and most of the time runs what's called. In the past I would see Ryan with more command at the line and doing a lot more audibles last year not so much due to Shanahan's system and now with this college OC he's still not taking over a game just being a puppet and that is so hard for me to say.

Sorry for the long post but just had to get it off my chest and I love you guys well most of you =P

 

agree.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can't overlook that performance by MR. He's been inconsistent in some games, but Thursday was awful.

The Hooper int wasn't on MR, but the other 2 were clearly his fault. Not to mention a defender dropped an int.

Regardless of scheme or coaching, his decision making and lack of poise are head scratching for a QB of his tenure at times.

Glad we won and he seemed to get it together on the Sanu td and MB fg drive.

Hope he got all the stink off this game.  We need a solid starting QB from here on out to make the playoffs and do damage in the post season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Oh4Real?! said:

Anybody see the gif of Ryan saying.. "What are we doing?" preplay before he threw the interception before halftime. Jesus smh.. there was a obvious communication issue coming out of a review AND a TIMEOUT. 

I DO think theres some level of disruption in the communication this year. Whether its a different process or Sark struggling to get the play called quickly or what, there have been a number of things that have made me think that part of the process isnt seamless yet. 

I just dont know why you're even throwing that particular route given the situation. Didnt seem to fit. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

You can't overlook that performance by MR. He's been inconsistent in some games, but Thursday was awful.

The Hooper int wasn't on MR, but the other 2 were clearly his fault. Not to mention a defender dropped an int.

Regardless of scheme or coaching, his decision making and lack of poise are head scratching for a QB of his tenure at times.

Glad we won and he seemed to get it together on the Sanu td and MB fg drive.

Hope he got all the stink off this game.  We need a solid starting QB from here on out to make the playoffs and do damage in the post season.

I mean....Brees did the same thing at the end of the game. So apparently experience doesnt eliminate that stuff completely. 

Sometimes, you have a bad game. He had 3-4 decisions that were truly awful. He has to get it cleaned up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...