Sean Payton-Class act

BirdFan33

I was walking off the field last night and stopped to let the Saints players go down the tunnel and watch the reactions. I made a comment as Sean Payton went by, like "Way to finish, fellas". He and Mark Ingram both turned around and looked right at us and said F*** you! And flipped us off. That was so satisfying. He was livid. 

2 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

I was walking off the field last night and stopped to let the Saints players go down the tunnel and watch the reactions. I made a comment as Sean Payton went by, like "Way to finish, fellas". He and Mark Ingram both turned around and looked right at us and said F*** you! And flipped us off. That was so satisfying. He was livid. 

You should'e told him, 'I got some Vicodin for ya.'

Quick apology and new best bud.

10 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

:slick:

I honestly don't care what Payton does.  These guys are all "ultra" competitive.  People were all over Baker Mayfield about the Kansas game.  Personally, I like the "moxy" that guy has.  Kansas started off being a$$ hats and Baker finished it.  Sure, I get the coach has to get on him about "how" he is expected to behave.  I guarantee worse things are said and done on the field and in the piles that we don't often know about.

Coaches are no different.  Guys get cursed out all the time, same team/opposing team, doesn't matter.  Just win the game and it takes care of itself.  If any of you have hung around youth sports, you know how parents can get.  Imagine a guys that has his job & millions on the line.  

46 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

To you BirdFan:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, BirdFan33 said:

That's the funniest thing I've read all week. 

4 hours ago, BirdFan33 said:

Why didn't you go live on Facebook with this!? I thought this story was going to go differently based on the title haha 

Devonta Freeman brushes off choking gesture from Sean Payton

Vaughn McClureESPN Staff Writer

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman brushed off a choking gesture made by New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton in the fourth quarter of Thursday night's game, a gesture seemingly in reference to Atlanta blowing a 28-3 lead in last season's Super Bowl loss to the New England Patriots.

The exchange occurred with 12 minutes, 30 seconds remaining in regulation with the Saints leading 17-10. It followed Freeman's run for no gain near the New Orleans' sideline.

Freeman, who grew up in the Miami projects, addressed the topic after the game.

"Man, I saw it,'' a chuckling Freeman told reporters after the Falcons' 20-17 win. "That man don't know nothing about choking. He ain't from where I'm from. He don't know about choking. He's a good competitor. The 'competes' probably came out. But we don't let that bother me. He don't know nothing about choking.''

Asked if he thought Payton tried to get in his head for an edge, Freeman said, "He ain't going to get it off me. I'm a different animal. He's tripping. But, it's all good."

The Falcons ended up scoring on that same drive when quarterback Matt Ryanhit receiver Mohamed Sanu for an 8-yard touchdown. Later, Matt Bryant's 52-yard field goal allowed Atlanta to escape with the three-point win.

Freeman expressed his satisfaction over beating New Orleans in a tweet, only to delete the post.

If Payton said anything to go along with the gesture, Freeman didn't hear it, or at least ignored it.

"I don't pay attention to it,'' Freeman said. "I don't know what he said."

Payton, when asked postgame about the gesture, said: "I don't remember that. I don't remember that."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21707370/atlanta-falcons-rb-devonta-freeman-brushes-choking-gesture-new-orleans-saints-coach-sean-payton

5 hours ago, BirdFan33 said:

Do you work for the falcons? How did you get on the field??

Come on.  What did you expect?  This was an emotional loss that featured injuries that may affect the outcome of their season.  Do you expect the HC to smile and walk away at the height of emotion?

He told you to F-off.  Big deal.  

3 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Come on.  What did you expect?  This was an emotional loss that featured injuries that may affect the outcome of their season.  Do you expect the HC to smile and walk away at the height of emotion?

He told you to F-off.  Big deal.  

You act like I'm sending this up to the league office. I was just shocked that he flipped me off and said it. Not offended, upset, or even mad. It was just funny. 

5 hours ago, Saviorbrees said:

Haha that's awesome and I like the response. But I like that kind of ****. Lol. This rivalry is so good. Love it!

One of the best in the NFL for sure. The fact both teams have had elite franchise QBs for so long is an incredible rarity. I can't really think of any division that has had two QBs of that pedigree play against each other for so many years. 

were they in perfect harmony when they turned around and flipped you off exactly at the same time all while saying FU?

He is a class act for the choke sign, but I dont even believe this story.