Head coach is just not making the right decisions

jj00100

The timeouts not called at the end of the 1st half. Horrible clock management.  

Why didn't he take the saints back 10 yards for holding? He needs to know Peyton is going to go for it on 4th and inches because his defense is gassed. Also makes it harder on the opposo if kicker to make a fg.

Let's not talk about the game against Minn where he doesn't go for it on 4th and 4. 

I think the coach is really bad when it comes to making smart decisions.  He needs to know what the other coach will do if he doesn't accept the penalty !!!

1 minute ago, jj00100 said:

The timeouts not called at the end of the 1st half. Horrible clock management.  

Why didn't he take the saints back 10 yards for holding? He needs to know Peyton is going to go for it on 4th and inches because his defense is gassed. Also makes it harder on the opposo if kicker to make a fg.

Let's not talk about the game against Minn where he doesn't go for it on 4th and 4. 

I think the coach is really bad when it comes to making smart decisions.  He needs to know what the other coach will do if he doesn't accept the penalty !!!

Dan Quinn does not make good in game decisions. Just something we are going to have to live with.

Game is too fast for Quinn.  As a DC he had a lot of time to think about things, as a HC you have to see the whole picture and think 3 or 4 moves ahead.  I agree with other posters that have said that Quinn is a good talent evaluator, but he is not there yet as a HC, and tonight turning down a holding penalty late in the game proved that much.  The SB showed that when the game became shootout, well at least for the PATS, that Quinn couldn't handle the speed of the game and the decisions that have to be made.  He was snapping the football with 15 or 16 seconds on the play clock and the game clock was moving.  Not knowing that you kick a FG in that situation late in the SB.  These are all things that show Quinn doesn't have a full understanding of what the job of a HC is. 

Q has a Ton to learn in game. The flip side is that he's the best talent evaluator we've ever had and makes the obvious personnel choices that everyone sees need to be made. (Cutting Vellano, benching Riley, de-activating Goodwin).

He made the mistake of thinking he was only depth away in last year's draft, but I think we'll see some great moves next offseason.

10 minutes ago, zzfrow said:

Game is too fast for Quinn.  As a DC he had a lot of time to think about things, as a HC you have to see the whole picture and think 3 or 4 moves ahead.  I agree with other posters that have said that Quinn is a good talent evaluator, but he is not there yet as a HC, and tonight turning down a holding penalty late in the game proved that much.  The SB showed that when the game became shootout, well at least for the PATS, that Quinn couldn't handle the speed of the game and the decisions that have to be made.  He was snapping the football with 15 or 16 seconds on the play clock and the game clock was moving.  Not knowing that you kick a FG in that situation late in the SB.  These are all things that show Quinn doesn't have a full understanding of what the job of a HC is. 

I agree with everything u just stated