Playoff Scenario( Help Please)

RING OF HONOR

Some of you guys who know your stuff ...help me out please...

Carolina holds the tie breaker with the Falcons because of head to head

Seattle holds the tie breaker with Carolina because of conference record

Atlanta holds the tie breaker with Seattle because of head to head..

Assuming Seattle and Carolina lose Sunday creating a 3 way tie...who would be the 5th and 6th seed

2 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Yeah..its that way now...but if they both lose Sunday...it would be a 3 way tie...

Ive been trying to figure out these tie breakers...im lost...lol

Here it is (I think lol).

After this week:
Atlanta 8-5
Carolina 8-5
Seattle 8-5

First tiebreaker is head to head. We have it over Seattle, Carolina has it over us. Then we have the edge in division games and conference games over both teams, so I'm not really sure lol

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

After this week:
Atlanta 8-5
Carolina 8-5
Seattle 8-5

First tiebreaker is head to head. We have it over Seattle, Carolina has it over us. Then we have the edge in division games and conference games over both teams, so I'm not really sure lol

:lol:....thanks for trying...

You have to use the division tiebreaker first to get the highest seed remaining in the divison if three teams are tied and two are in the same divison. FPanthers beat the Falcons so they would be the higher seed. Then the tie breaker reverts to 2 teams Seattle has a better conference record than the Panthers so they would be the 5th and Panthers the 6th. Regardless we control our own destiny. 

5. Seahawks 8-5

6. Panthers 8-5 

7. Falcons 8-5

Edited by FalconsAirMiles

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

After this week:
Atlanta 8-5
Carolina 8-5
Seattle 8-5

Yes. But if Falcons beat Panthers then division and conference record come in to play. 

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

:lol:....thanks for trying...

Honestly it doesn't matter THAT much. If Carolina goes 2-1 in their next 3 and we go 1-1, we would be 9-6 and they would be 10-5. If we beat them in Atlanta, we go over them because of our division record. 

So pretty much, we need to hope Carolina loses to Minnesota or Green Bay (hopefully with Aaron Rodgers), and then we need to beat Tampa. As long as we do that, we are in position to make the playoffs come week 17. 

But honestly I think we run the table. Ryan won't play this poorly again, and I think our defense will play better next game. DQ teams typically play much better in the rematch. 

17 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Some of you guys who know your stuff ...help me out please...

Carolina holds the tie breaker with the Falcons because of head to head

Seattle holds the tie breaker with Carolina because of conference record

Atlanta holds the tie breaker with Seattle because of head to head..

Assuming Seattle and Carolina lose Sunday creating a 3 way tie...who would be the 5th and 6th seed

google playoff machine

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Honestly we just need to win next week and pull for Minnesota this week. 

If Minnesota wins this week. Falcons can still lose to saints, beat Bucs and panthers to get wild card over Carlonia because of better division record. But winning out gives the division to falcons. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

If Minnesota wins this week. Falcons can still lose to saints, beat Bucs and panthers to get wild card over Carlonia because of better division record. But winning out gives the division to falcons. 

I honestly think we are going to win the division... Our defense will still play well and I think Ryan doesn't make as many stupid plays in the rematch