I've said this before: Matt Ryan Cannot carry a football team.

57 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Mayt Ryan has been with the falcons for  10 years.

The falcons have been .500 or better 8 of those years.

In those 10 years the 2 games that he did not start they are 0-2.

He has been one of the only constants in that time.

.....so why is the fan base still pulling our hair out about bad interceptions and endzone interceptions in year 10?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

.....so why is the fan base still pulling our hair out about bad interceptions and endzone interceptions in year 10?

Not sure, because Ryan has 2 redzone interceptions this year. People act like he has 15. He has 4 total that are his fault. not sure what the problem is.

1 minute ago, Byrdman242424 said:

......why is he doing the same stuff we complain about every year....outside of one?

Because you kids are broken records with unoriginal points?  All you guys do is ask people to prove negatives.  It is pretty transparent but it lets you feel right.  When faced with the overwhelming positives of his career, you delve into logical fallacies and I am starting to get the feeling most of you pocket GMs aren't even bright enough to see it.  

The fact is that he could be better, but he is in the upper tier of NFL QBs and is more than good enough to take this team where it needs to go.  Interesting to see that you haven't posted much (under this account at least) until this year.  Where were you last year?  

Just now, jay1k2 said:

What stuff he is doing that some are complaining about every year? 

Bad interceptions. Inaccurate passes to wide open receivers. (Which he said he still needs to work on in a presser) Inconsistent deep ball. Awareness when to run/leave the pocket. (2 times in the Saints game everyone should know) Awareness to get rid of the ball rather than taking a sack. (Best play he made against the Saints, was throwing the ball away on the drive for the field goal and not taking a sack after rolling left) Clock management. (I'm sure everyone has seen the "WTF are we doing?" clip from right before he threw the pick going into halftime. 

As a fan base we should just expect more from a 10 year qb, except one MVP blip year. Some of us at least. 

2 minutes ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

Because you kids are broken records with unoriginal points?  All you guys do is ask people to prove negatives.  It is pretty transparent but it lets you feel right.  When faced with the overwhelming positives of his career, you delve into logical fallacies and I am starting to get the feeling most of you pocket GMs aren't even bright enough to see it.  

The fact is that he could be better, but he is in the upper tier of NFL QBs and is more than good enough to take this team where it needs to go.  Interesting to see that you haven't posted much (under this account at least) until this year.  Where were you last year?  

Who's in the Top 10 for QBR this year?

And ya'll have MULTIPLE accounts? Lol. For what? You can find me in section 221 or we can meet at the AT&T Perch anytime. 

Edited by Byrdman242424
4 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Bad interceptions. Inaccurate passes to wide open receivers. (Which he said he still needs to work on in a presser) Inconsistent deep ball. Awareness when to run/leave the pocket. (2 times in the Saints game everyone should know) Awareness to get rid of the ball rather than taking a sack. (Best play he made against the Saints, was throwing the ball away on the drive for the field goal and not taking a sack after rolling left) Clock management. (I'm sure everyone has seen the "WTF are we doing?" clip from right before he threw the pick going into halftime. 

As a fan base we should just expect more from a 10 year qb, except one MVP blip year. Some of us at least. 

Ryan is in the top handful of least interceptable passes thrown in th league according to PFF. He is also on pace to be sacked about 20 times this year which is his lowest total since ‘09 when he missed 2.5 games. 

Also, what looks like an inaccurate pass to somebody watching on tv or even in the stands MAY not be an inaccurate pass but could be a poor route run by a WR or a good defensive play by the other team by interrupting the timing of the play. 

4 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

.....telling you guys that we better back the truck up to Shanny's house and give him all the money he wants, otherwise we go back to the QB we had for 8 years prior?

BUT again. Who's in the Top 10 in QBR this year? 

Instead of putting others on the spot, who do you think are the top 10 QBs this year?

1 minute ago, Byrdman242424 said:

.....telling you guys that we better back the truck up to Shanny's house and give him all the money he wants, otherwise we go back to the QB we had for 8 years prior?

What are you saying? Are you talking about ESPN QBR where he is #6 overall or passer rating where he is #14 this year? Do you think the 25 dropped passes and 8 tipped passes for interceptions influenced his passer rating and QBR?

28 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Why yes, yes I do. 

Please refer to the "X's and O's" on Sark scheming players open to see the missed passes and reads to where these 3 players in question did not get the ball. 

Ok hold on I don’t understand that phrasing.  Yes you do?  Yes you did think that Gabriel, Sanu, and Coleman were significant weapons before they had an MVP QB throwing to them? 

Because I remember a ton of people around the league that thought we over paid for Sanu, were scratching their heads about signing Gabriel, and had no idea what to expect from Coleman.  

Im not digging through that giant thread just so I can understand your thinking.  If you want to articulate your thoughts here on why Wilson would do more with our weapons then I’m receptive to it.

13 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Instead of putting others on the spot, who do you think are the top 10 QBs this year?

12 minutes ago, jay1k2 said:

What are you saying? Are you talking about ESPN QBR where he is #6 overall or passer rating where he is #14 this year? Do you think the 25 dropped passes and 8 tipped passes for interceptions influenced his passer rating and QBR?

2 birds. 1 comment.

Thank you jay for actually looking up something. However, Josh McCown, Case Keenum, Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, and 9 other qbs who've started "X" amount of games this season have better QBRs than Matt Ryan. 

For shoots and giggles, last year starting "X" amount of games, he was number 1. 

But being that QBR is comprised of points based off of passes, rushes, turnovers and penalties, could be.

16 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Uh, who cares?  I'm sure you have a handful of cherry picked stats that could prove your point.  You telling me that the majority of Ryan's picks this year aren't a result of WRs having the ball go off their hands?

No sane Falcons fan is calling this MR2's best season, or saying there isn't room to improve.  Yet your broken records BS remains.  Either say what you actually want to say or admit your a troll.  Its pretty simple.  

I will say his QB Rating and QBR are still more than enough to win games, and that isn't even factoring in the things beyond his control.

3 minutes ago, abstract said:

Ok hold on I don’t understand that phrasing.  Yes you do?  Yes you did think that Gabriel, Sanu, and Coleman were significant weapons before they had an MVP QB throwing to them? 

Because I remember a ton of people around the league that thought we over paid for Sanu, were scratching their heads about signing Gabriel, and had no idea what to expect from Coleman.  

Im not digging through that giant thread just so I can understand your thinking.  If you want to articulate your thoughts here on why Wilson would do more with our weapons then I’m receptive to it.

Well we drafted Coleman. So, I'm sure they thought he was going to be good.

I've always liked Sanu. Since he torched us in Cincy. But that's just me. Relative to Turbo. Who knew.

But we all know that Russel Wilson has a HORRENDOUS offensive unit around him. He has not offensive line. He has not running game. His tight end cannot catch. And his best WR is 5'11". Yet he's able to do more with less than really anyone in the league. Don't forget that the Seahawks defense is no longer "LOB". Dude just makes stuff happen more times than not. HENCE why it's tough to put them away every year. You give him a running game that the league respects, Julio Jones and Sanu, and an offensive line that in comparison to what he has now is 1000 times better? It's a no brainer. 

9 minutes ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

Uh, who cares?  I'm sure you have a handful of cherry picked stats that could prove your point.  You telling me that the majority of Ryan's picks this year aren't a result of WRs having the ball go off their hands?

No sane Falcons fan is calling this MR2's best season, or saying there isn't room to improve.  Yet your broken records BS remains.  Either say what you actually want to say or admit your a troll.  Its pretty simple.  

I will say his QB Rating and QBR are still more than enough to win games, and that isn't even factoring in the things beyond his control.

That Matt Ryan is average? Just right about average? In that 14-17 ish ranking? 

11 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

2 birds. 1 comment.

Thank you jay for actually looking up something. However, Josh McCown, Case Keenum, Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, and 9 other qbs who've started "X" amount of games this season have better QBRs than Matt Ryan. 

For shoots and giggles, last year starting "X" amount of games, he was number 1. 

But being that QBR is comprised of points based off of passes, rushes, turnovers and penalties, could be.

So Josh McCown, Case Keenum, Kirk Cousins and Jared Goff plus 9 other QBs are better than Matt Ryan? 

Trying to get you to make a concrete statement with your name on it is like trying to nail jello to the wall. 

It’s funny every year there is a new QB who carries the team and Ryan can’t carry his team, we have gone through Josh Freeman, Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez, RG3, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Jamie’s Winston, Joe Flacco and Russel Wilson this year.  I am sure I missed trade Ryan for some few other bums.. Compare the QB in last 8-10 years, it’s a very different situation. There are handful of QB who play at a high level year in and year out. 

1 hour ago, Byrdman242424 said:

That Matt Ryan is average? Just right about average? In that 14-17 ish ranking? 

Average?  You mean average when compared to other qb’s that make the hall of fame?  And a ranking of 14-17 all time?  I can absolutely agree with both of those statements. 

Referring to my previous post, you are conveniently ignoring the fact that those weapons that Wilson would do amazing with were hardly considered weapons before they were lucky enough to play with Matt Ryan.   Furthermore, Ryan has had a bad o line far more than he has had a good one while in this league.

Edited by abstract