Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChickenBiscuit

I've said this before: Matt Ryan Cannot carry a football team.

254 posts in this topic

Matt Ryan is capable of having MVP-caliber seasons..when he has an A-tier offensive coordinator. Just like Andy Dalton when Hue Jackson was in Cincinatti. 

He's a GOOD QB that is capable of high level play. He is not a bad QB by any standards, and he doesn't even need to be replaced. But he can't carry a team. He's been in Atlanta for almost 10 years. He's had a great supporting cast on offense 7/10 years (excluding 2013,2014 and 2015). We've had an elite offense one out of those years.

I like Ryan, and I appreciate him saving us from Harrington/Leftwich, but it's time to transition into a more defensive focused team. The identity of the 2016 Atlanta Falcons is gone with Shanahan, and now it's time for us to be a defensive-minded team with a better roster.

Invest heavily into the defense and get us back to the ship in 2018. We'll never have an elite offense under Ryan again.

I don't disagree with this post, but honestly we will never win a super bowl trying to put the entire burden to win on any QB, much less Matt Ryan. We see that the packers can only get so far doing that with Aaron Rodgers, and he's one of the most talented quarterbacks we have ever seen.

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Matt Ryan is capable of having MVP-caliber seasons..when he has an A-tier offensive coordinator. Just like Andy Dalton when Hue Jackson was in Cincinatti. 

He's a GOOD QB that is capable of high level play. He is not a bad QB by any standards, and he doesn't even need to be replaced. But he can't carry a team. He's been in Atlanta for almost 10 years. He's had a great supporting cast on offense 7/10 years (excluding 2013,2014 and 2015). We've had an elite offense one out of those years.

I like Ryan, and I appreciate him saving us from Harrington/Leftwich, but it's time to transition into a more defensive focused team. The identity of the 2016 Atlanta Falcons is gone with Shanahan, and now it's time for us to be a defensive-minded team with a better roster.

Invest heavily into the defense and get us back to the ship in 2018. We'll never have an elite offense under Ryan again.

Matt Ryan had worse games than this BEFORE the MVP season.  So he’ll never run an elite offense again because of this game?  How exactly?  It sure sounds like you’re jumping to conclusions.  We can win a super bowl with him that is all that matters.

50 minutes ago, Mega Flare said:

He's a clown.  Last year was a fluke.

I wouldn't call him a clown, but he is not the same QB as last year that's for sure. His passes aren't as sharp as last year and it appears he is lacking in confidence. I believe he had a little more time to throw last year.

Mega Flare likes this

Ryan had a terrible game and has had a lack luster season which makes his detractors do the whole "I've been saying it all along" stick. But truth is he is the best QB the Falcons have ever had so he deserves a break. Most of his interceptions this year are from receivers not being able to catch.

3 minutes ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

Morons gonna moron. He’s not having a great year, but you stat geeks don’t seem to be watching the games. Every mistake he’s made has been compounded by 3 from guys around him. 

Two INT's that shouldn't have been thrown.

Osiruz likes this

Dude Ryan has turned ever OC he has had into a HC. This year, and Shans first season were anomalies. Do you not know any of the NFL records Ryan owns?

The people in this thread don't understand what I'm saying. He can't carry a football team. We've had an elite offense 1/10 years he's been here. Not many QBs CAN carry a team.

What I'm essentially saying is that we need to put a better team around Ryan if we want to win a Super Bowl. We're not returning to 2016 form. 

This team is transforming it's identity and it's still a work in progress. Ryan is still our guy but he's not THE guy. He is who he is.

1 hour ago, caver50 said:

Two INT's that shouldn't have been thrown.

Tonight. If you had been watching the rest of the year you would realize tonight was an off game for Ryan. Most of this year has been failure around him.