Time to consider this season a wash we’re done

4 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Isn't that what you play for? I remember a philosopher once say... "hello, you play to win the game". Instead of thinking how ****** we looked why not enjoy a super ugly win? Why be that kind of fan who only looks at the negatives even in wins? Isn't the point of sports to enjoy and cheer for your team? No? eh, whatever. 

Why do you call them negatives, there is always room for improvement. One year we went 13 and 3 and barely won most of those games, but when it counted, we went nowhere. That year everybody said a win is a win which is true, but when you don't dominate in this league, those kind of wins won't get you far.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, atlndvd said:

I am not denying that the defense balled tonight BUT when Kamara went down that changed their whole offensive scheme.  But still, what I saw tonight is NOT a team that will win 3 more this season to make the playoffs and then 3 on the road in the playoffs.  Not with our MVP almost throwing as many picks as that dude in Buffalo

You can't use Kamara going down as an excuse for your team. He didn't come in injured. He got injured during the game on a regular hit. That's on New Orlean and staff or whatever. I always say. If a team comes in with an injured player that can't play. Then maybe that can be an excuse. - But when he plays and THE team he plays against is the team that puts him out (with a legal hit), then there is no excuse. The Falcons battered the Saints and not even with bad hits. That is on the Saints and staff if they can't keep their players in the game. --- Eagles lost. Falcons beat Seahawks. Falcons beat Saints. They played Vikings and Panthers close. Yes. There are concerns for all these teams. But. Anything can plausibly happen. Either team can go all the way and either team can lose out in the playoffs. GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, caver50 said:

Why do you call them negatives, there is always room for improvement. One year we went 13 and 3 and barely won most of those games, but when it counted, we went nowhere. That year everybody said a win is a win which is true, but when you don't dominate in this league, those kind of wins won't get you far.

You do not dominate in this league. This isn't college where you play west Idaho state. These are NFL teams with NFL players. Also if you haven't noticed this is a rivalry game so they get chippy. I never said that there isn't room for improvement. ****, there is a lot of work that needs to be done and its concerning, but at this moment enjoy the win. How you got there against your rival shouldn't matter. That's my philosophy at least. 

9 minutes ago, egghead said:

You can't use Kamara going down as an excuse for your team. He didn't come in injured. He got injured during the game on a regular hit. That's on New Orlean and staff or whatever. I always say. If a team comes in with an injured player that can't play. Then maybe that can be an excuse. - But when he plays and THE team he plays against is the team that puts him out (with a legal hit), then there is no excuse. The Falcons battered the Saints and not even with bad hits. That is on the Saints and staff if they can't keep their players in the game. --- Eagles lost. Falcons beat Seahawks. Falcons beat Saints. They played Vikings and Panthers close. Yes. There are concerns for all these teams. But. Anything can plausibly happen. Either team can go all the way and either team can lose out in the playoffs. GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just made absolutely no sense.

2 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

You do not dominate in this league. This isn't college where you play west Idaho state. These are NFL teams with NFL players. Also if you haven't noticed this is a rivalry game so they get chippy. I never said that there isn't room for improvement. ****, there is a lot of work that needs to be done and its concerning, but at this moment enjoy the win. How you got there against your rival shouldn't matter. That's my philosophy at least. 

We dominated last year and it got us to the SB. Nobody said that we were unhappy because we won, only pointing out problems,

6 minutes ago, caver50 said:

We dominated last year and it got us to the SB. Nobody said that we were unhappy because we won, only pointing out problems,

I think we all understand the problems by now. We all watch the same games. We are all frustrated, but why not enjoy the win now instead of talking about the mistakes? 

Just now, atlndvd said:

You just made absolutely no sense.

Kamara did not come in injured. He was fully healthy. He was injured by the team he was playing against. So the FALCONS forced the Saints to ""changed their whole offensive scheme."" themselves. That's part of the game. The other players were also injured while playing against Atlanta.  So. No excuse because of injuries. It was fair. -- Also. I was trying to point out that the Falcons have beaten or played close games with each playoff team there. So you can say the same thing about all those teams making it or not. ---- OH..Also. My apologies for calling the Saints, 'your team." I goofed up. I wasn't trying to be a wiseguy.

23 minutes ago, egghead said:

Kamara did not come in injured. He was fully healthy. He was injured by the team he was playing against. So the FALCONS forced the Saints to ""changed their whole offensive scheme."" themselves. That's part of the game. The other players were also injured while playing against Atlanta.  So. No excuse because of injuries. It was fair. -- Also. I was trying to point out that the Falcons have beaten or played close games with each playoff team there. So you can say the same thing about all those teams making it or not. ---- OH..Also. My apologies for calling the Saints, 'your team." I goofed up. I wasn't trying to be a wiseguy.

Not saying it was a dirty hit... but we DIDN’T play the same Saints team that got themselves to 9-3... FACT.  Are you really suggesting that the outcome of the game would have played out the same if Kamara... the Saints BY FAR most explosive playmaker didn’t go out after what... 4/5 plays?????  He will be back when we play them again, we’ll see.

1 minute ago, atlndvd said:

Not saying it was a dirty hit... but we DIDN’T play the same Saints team that got themselves to 9-3... FACT.  Are you really suggesting that the outcome of the game would have played out the same if Kamara... the Saints BY FAR most explosive playmaker didn’t go out after what... 4/5 plays?????  He will be back when we play them again, we’ll see.

Do you really think Matt will throw 3 ints next time we face them? A win is a win. Just take it a move on

1 hour ago, RubberDucky said:

Oh shut up. What exactly did the refs give us and what dirty his did we make?

I'm not here to teach school for the blind but we got a free set of downs on the 1st touchdown, we got away with flagrant hands to the face the drive before I believe it was. Kamara hit was clearly high, I like Debo but that was a ******** hit he could have avoided. Trufant taking Michael Thomas eye out in the 4th was dirty as ****, your hand shouldnt be anywhere close to his face. Ingram got hit in the lower back, nice ******* tacking technique, thats just the **** I remember off the top of my head, I didnt even watch the 3rd quarter after that ******** 3rd interception.  

1 hour ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Isn't that what you play for? I remember a philosopher once say... "hello, you play to win the game". Instead of thinking how ****** we looked why not enjoy a super ugly win? Why be that kind of fan who only looks at the negatives even in wins? Isn't the point of sports to enjoy and cheer for your team? No? eh, whatever. 

less and less people watch football because of the way 'we played the game' tonight. Enjoy the win, we didnt deserve it, we sure as **** didnt earn it, we lucked in to it. 3 more games to luck in to left. We aint good enough to win **** this year, if we are we havent shown it yet. 

1 hour ago, B3TD said:

You must be a real hit at parties. 

For a forum that doesn't have a memory longer than a day, you're sure down about a key win from a team that is capable of the run they got on last year if they put it together.

That was one ugly *** win, but cheer up buttercup, if you can't have any optimism after beating the division leading Taints, then go cheer for the Steelers or Patriots. It's never go na he easy with this team, hope is all you got.

whatever helps you sleep at night :tiphat:

3 minutes ago, Romfal said:

I'm not here to teach school for the blind but we got a free set of downs on the 1st touchdown, we got away with flagrant hands to the face the drive before I believe it was. Kamara hit was clearly high, I like Debo but that was a ******** hit he could have avoided. Trufant taking Michael Thomas eye out in the 4th was dirty as ****, your hand shouldnt be anywhere close to his face. Ingram got hit in the lower back, nice ******* tacking technique, thats just the **** I remember off the top of my head, I didnt even watch the 3rd quarter after that ******** 3rd interception.  

1 minute ago, Romfal said:

less and less people watch football because of the way 'we played the game' tonight. Enjoy the win, we didnt deserve it, we sure as **** didnt earn it, we lucked in to it. 3 more games to luck in to left. We aint good enough to win **** this year. 

Hey man it's your life, do as you please. Sometimes during this year I would also turn off the game and walk away. But really I realized one thing here, this is just a game. A bunch of millionaires running around and hitting each other. Yeah, I pull for the Falcons but to be so emotionally invested where you feel bad if they lose or win is just not right. That is my view of this. Do as you please, I'll just be happy we beat the Aints. 

9 minutes ago, Romfal said:

Honestly, your memory is **** 50% of these examples. The Kamara hit was waist level til he went down. The ingrahm hit was shoulder to the body, just happened to be the lower rib cage. Tru has never been accused of being dirty and sadly hands to the face happens every game a dozen times without calls. 

Get over yourself man. The game was messy two ways, not just one. The saints 2nd TD was an illegal pick. You can make contact within a yard, as long as you run through the route. That was an illegal block and uncalled. **** goes both ways.