Who in here thinks we need a more mobile qb like Russell wilson

jj00100

I think if we had Russell Wilson on our team, our offense would be so prolific. He buys time for our receivers to get open, he has an arm, he can run for the 1st down. Matt Ryan is good but he has no time to throw the ball. And defenses know they don’t have to account for him when it comes to spying on him

The word "need" is incorrect here. 

Russell Wilson is a good QB with skills and strengths. Matt Ryan is also a good QB with skills and strengths. You can succeed with either "type" of QBs. However, locating a quality version of either type is pretty difficult. 

So while I love Russell Wilson's game and think he's probably short-changed when discussed among very good QBs, our chances of finding a "mobile QB" as skilled as Russell Wilson are very very small. 

9 minutes ago, jj00100 said:

I think if we had Russell Wilson on our team, our offense would be so prolific. He buys time for our receivers to get open, he has an arm, he can run for the 1st down. Matt Ryan is good but he has no time to throw the ball. And defenses know they don’t have to account for him when it comes to spying on him

For me it's not just having a any old mobile QB. They still need to be accurate while on the run. I would love to have a QB like Russell Wilson. So mobility is definitely part of the equation.

5 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

We had one but he made a brief stop in Leavenworth before correcting some flaws...he is doing good now, but we suffered mightly.  

I bet he would sign a new deal if they put a contract on the table for him. 

The problem with running QBs is they may or may not be able to make it through a 16 game season intact. So you better be ready to assume the risk cause your season flows through them being healthy.

Part of the problem with Vick was he was a run first pass second kind of mobile QB.  Wilson isn’t that, and is a better passer, although Vick did improve significantly passing wise over time.  That said, what the other guy said is correct, you don’t NEED a mobile QB to win a super bowl.  Brady and Manning both have them and they’re statues.  Also... TRENT FREAKIN DILFER won a SB

21 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

Eh, I'll take the stationary QB with 5 rings. 

Too bad Brady is considered a very mobile QB in the pocket, some of the best foot work to side step defenders and still get an accurate pass off.  Only if clumsy legged Ryan could do that we wouldn't need an all pro Oline. 

12 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Too bad Brady is considered a very mobile QB in the pocket, some of the best foot work to side step defenders and still get an accurate pass off.  Only if clumsy legged Ryan could do that we wouldn't need an all pro Oline. 

Before you backup over Ryan with that bus do forget he got us to a SB but he was not why they lost. Just sayin!!

18 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Brady's career: 1.78 sacks per game

Ryan's career: 1.76 sacks per game

Brady's supposedly great ability to dodge defenders is largely a myth. 

Edited by Expert Poster

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

The word "need" is incorrect here. 

Russell Wilson is a good QB with skills and strengths. Matt Ryan is also a good QB with skills and strengths. You can succeed with either "type" of QBs. However, locating a quality version of either type is pretty difficult. 

So while I love Russell Wilson's game and think he's probably short-changed when discussed among very good QBs, our chances of finding a "mobile QB" as skilled as Russell Wilson are very very small. 

The next quality version of Ryan  can be had this upcoming draft. All you need is the number one pick and you have yourself Josh Rosen. 

52 minutes ago, high impact said:

Before you backup over Ryan with that bus do forget he got us to a SB but he was not why they lost. Just sayin!!

And 2 NFCCG... his last five playoff games are the best five game stretch in NFL playoff  history.  Ryan’s only real flaw is occasionally he lacks situational awareness

2 hours ago, jj00100 said:

We don't need a QB like Russell Wilson. We just need a better quarterback.