Why the Atlanta Falcons Are the NFL Team America Needs Right Now

Falcon Ben

A surprisingly well-written and uplifting article from ESPN (aside from the editor's decision to use sentence case for the second half of the title). 

A Few Good Men: Why the Atlanta Falcons are the NFL team America needs right now

Take shameless dancer and all-around mensch Arthur Blank, the Falcons' owner since 2002, who has said publicly that he wants not just the best football players on his team, but ones who will make him proud, something he has undeniably achieved with high-performing boy scouts Julio Jones, Matt Ryan, Devonta Freeman and Vic Beasley (players well known for their modesty and chill off the field in addition to their gobsmacking performance stats).

Few other NFL franchises have celebrity fan bases as eclectic as Michael B. Jordan, Jeff Foxworthy, Gucci Mane, Jimmy Carter, Donald Glover, T.I., Zac Brown, Ludacris, Keenan Thompson and Cam Newton. Falcons fans, famous and otherwise, resemble the shifting demographics of wider America, not just one town, and as such, going to a Falcons game feels very different from what I've experienced at, say, a Jaguars or Patriots game. The crowd is decidedly multicultural, which makes for a looser and more good-humored experience. Not that the fans don't care about the final score, they do. But watching the game feels like a gratifying diversion, not life or death. 

Edited by Falcon Ben

2 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I have no idea what I just read means. And..didn't know Cam Newton was part of the Falcons fanbase. What clown wrote this?

He actually grew up a Falcons fan, and he says he still roots for us every game we aren't playing the Panthers. 

Just now, atlndvd said:

This.  I wouldn’t hate him if he wasn’t the worlds greatest winner and douchiest loser

Yeah I get it hurts to lose just don't showboat and gloat so much when you win if you are going to poke your lip out so big when you lose. I pouted when I lost but that was when I was under the age of ten.  :sadfan:Then I grew up and pouted even more. :rant: