Saints: Ingram, Lattimore expected to play tonight

Scott1988

Just now, athell said:

Yup, we are officially pretty much at do or die time.  Those games against Miami and Buffalo are going to bit us in the *** I know it.

Exactly.  Those are the season killers.  If not for those, we're 9-3 right now and actually fighting for division and home field.  The Miamis and Buffalos are the ones you CAN'T let get away. 

Just now, athell said:

Yup, we are officially pretty much at do or die time.  Those games against Miami and Buffalo are going to bit us in the *** I know it.

Well if the Falcons can't win out they don't deserve a playoff spot. Can't say I want them in the playoffs if they can't play better anyway.

13 minutes ago, Sipifalcon said:

Its all good i would want em at full strength anyway so they wont make any excuses... Gotta win tonite tho fellas lets get it... Take care of business!

I'll never understand this.

I want us to win period. If the other team has injuries (or suspensions), that's their problem and if it turns out to be a benefit to us, so be it.

I don't hear most of us using Trufant, Poole, and LeVitre missing the Vikings game as an excuse for losing. And the Vikings sure aren't looking at it as a cheap win.

A win is a win, period, no matter who plays and who doesn't.

4 hours ago, Peyton said:

I think the Falcons make it to the playoffs if they finish 10-6 regardless of how they get there, but it's a lot easier to win the game tonight than have to win in New Orleans in two weeks.

If they win out that would say they were playing way better than last Sunday. So I would be pumped about that. Anytime we can beat the Saints is a good time!!

Edited by high impact

At times last week it felt like the team didn't want to win that game. Whether it was the coaching, players or whatever, they all seemed not as driven as they had the past 3 games. Tonight will tell us everything about this team. It will be hard to get excited if they can't get excited themselves.

1 hour ago, middlegatv said:

I'll never understand this.

I want us to win period. If the other team has injuries (or suspensions), that's their problem and if it turns out to be a benefit to us, so be it.

I don't hear most of us using Trufant, Poole, and LeVitre missing the Vikings game as an excuse for losing. And the Vikings sure aren't looking at it as a cheap win.

A win is a win, period, no matter who plays and who doesn't.

The topic was about injured players that are returning so while what you are saying is true the talking heads on TV will say well they didn't have their top cb or their 1-2 rb wasn't in tack... While i agree with you it seems to always happen when a team beats a team without one of their key players especially if we beat a team for example the whole GB beat down we put on them the last couple times "well if Jordy wouldn't have got hurt or played blah blah blah then they would have won"... So if no one is hurt on their team and we win They Cant Say Anything... Although they will find something...  Always with us... 

Edited by Sipifalcon

Didnt the Vikings beat the Saints? The Vikings defense was good, but Atl had execution problem in terms of dropped passes, and penalties. The Falcons didn’t lose the game, it was execution.

They we’re moving the ball, but played way too conservative at times. They should have installed more no-huddle offensive plays.

The Saints defense will allow the big plays, but we need Julio to be Julio...

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Battle-tested teams win superbowls. If we get in this is the best way. Playing with urgency. All hands on deck for them like we knew they would 

Exactly. Quinn wanted his teams to get challenged when he took the job. You got to play the best in order to challenge yourself.

Unfortunately, I don't think even Quinn was prepared to deal with a team coming off a major SB loss.

If the Falcons:

• make the average catch
  • make the average throw
  • avoid pre-snap and away from the ball penalties
  • make the average tackle
  • provide average pass protection
  • avoid negative plays on STs

they will win and it won't matter who plays for the Saints. If they miss on two or more of those points, they will lose and it won't matter who sits for the Saints.

No offense to the wam bats (is that how the say it?), but its not about the Saints, its about the Falcons.

If the Falcons lose tonight, let's be real, it'll be better to lose out and improve draft pick in what was a decent season but one that claimed another SB loser. This team will still be very talented headed into next season and it'll allow Q to focus on playmakers on both sides of the ball instead of just adding depth like last offseason.

If we win, excellent, we control our own destiny. This team is pretty good at beating up on the bodies of opponents' battered players and putting them out the game so I don't think Ingram and Lattimore will be a factor.

Sadly, I Just don't want to get my hopes up, but I do think we come away with a W.

3 hours ago, Sipifalcon said:

Its all good i would want em at full strength anyway so they wont make any excuses... Gotta win tonite tho fellas lets get it... Take care of business!

I honestly couldn't care less if their entire team came down with the flu we had the play the cheerleaders.