Expert picks for Thursday Saints not as good as their record?

Number2

The "experts" aren't really experts. They don't watch our Falcons play -- every single play -- the way we do.

As a result, I think a lot of them think we're going to become the same team we were last year (you know, same 7-5 record and all that).

Unfortunately, I think they're wrong. We're an above average team, but not a great one (were were definitely great last year).

I hope we win out and get into the playoffs. But even if we do, I doubt we'll go too far.

And we might not even beat the Saints. (Please, Falcons, PROVE ME WRONG!)

-Saints possibly dinged up (Ingram, etc.)

-Both teams played only 4 days ago 

-NO traveling to meet us at our home turf

-Falcons possibly playing for their playoff life

-Saints essentially have 2 game cushion lead (have tiebreaker if same record as Panthers)

The Falcons are somewhat of a perfect fit for the analysts who don't feel like doing deep research.

As pessimistic as I am about the Falcons right now, I do think it is a big advantage for the Falcons to be playing the Saints at home on the short week after they just had the battle with Carolina for the division lead. 

Hard for me to be that optimistic for tonight after that sad performance on Sunday though.

2 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

We are still the most talented team in the league but haven’t played like it. There’s not a team we can’t beat but also not a team that can’t be us save the browns 

I thought that at the beginning of the season but think I was just wrong.  I don't think the Falcons are more talented than the team they are playing tonight.

I don't think the Saints are all the great. But they have players making plays along with a head coach that I think is a very good offensive mind. To top it off a QB that can play at a very high level. 

I also think the Falcons have a better team across the board. Ryan can play as well as Brees when he believes in himself. The Falcons head coach is still learning and I hope he starts improving along with this team.

Edited by high impact

"Saints not as good as their record"     In the NFL you are who your record says you are.

The 2017 Atlanta Falcons are having a miserable season due to poor Game Planning and Preperations.

There are some total Douce Bags who will yip yap about Player Performance on the Field as excuse to defend the Coaches.    Lemme tell ya,, if Not for the Players, we would have a far worse record.

One other Point of Caution.  The Saints love to wizz in the Falcons wheaties.  Tonight will have a special added incentive. Beat us in the first meeting in our new home and start closing the door on our playoff hopes.

Aints 37  Falcons 20

Keep this in mind,   Raheem Morris,  Assistant to Dilly Dan.  Both need to hit the Road and Dimitroff has let too many good Coaches walk away. 

10 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

The "experts" aren't really experts. They don't watch our Falcons play -- every single play -- the way we do.

As a result, I think a lot of them think we're going to become the same team we were last year (you know, same 7-5 record and all that).

Unfortunately, I think they're wrong. We're an above average team, but not a great one (were were definitely great last year).

I hope we win out and get into the playoffs. But even if we do, I doubt we'll go too far.

And we might not even beat the Saints. (Please, Falcons, PROVE ME WRONG!)

If win out with the schedule we have? I think we at least make it to the second round. Would’ve been more confident if we won against Minny, but even then it was a close winnable game.

53 minutes ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

Based on what? Because we’re 7-5? Falcons are still top 5 in the league in terms of talent and we have more talent than the Aints.

What are you basing your opinion on? 40 times? My opinion is based on the performance I'm seeing on the field.

2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

We are still the most talented team in the league...

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

I thought that at the beginning of the season but think I was just wrong.  I don't think the Falcons are more talented than the team they are playing tonight.

So we're not even the most talented team in our division much less the league

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

So we're not even the most talented team in our division much less the league

Yeah I totally disagree. Positionally our record setting offense didn’t change from last year. No one in the division has a WR close to Julio, not even Evans. Our defense keeps loading up on players that still need to gel. 

Only a few teams have more talent on D than us, but are worse somewhere else - MIN (worse QB), CAR (worse WRs and DBs), SEA (worse OL and WRs)

Only PHI is loaded like we are. But even they have a young QB that still has to prove it over more years.

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

What are you basing your opinion on? 40 times? My opinion is based on the performance I'm seeing on the field.

Well let’s see we have an MVP QB, pro bowl RB, best WR in the game. That right there is a top 3 trio in the league(arguably #1). That doesn’t include Coleman, Sanu, Gabriel, Hooper and a solid OL.

On defense we have Grady, Vic, Takk, Deion, Campbell, Tru, Neal. Right now top 10 in the league in defense when 3 years ago we had the 32nd ranked defense in the league. We have one of the better rosters in the league.

Edited by falconsfan4life3

1 minute ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

Well let’s see we have an MVP QB, pro bowl RB, best WR in the game. That right there is a top 3 trio in the league(arguably #1). That doesn’t include Coleman, Sanu, Gabriel, Hooper and solid OL.

On defense we have Grady, Vic, Takk, Deion, Campbell, Tru, Neal. Top 10 in the league in defense when 3 years ago we had the 32nd ranked defense in the league. We have one of the better rosters in the league.

A lot of the players you listed there are just average players, or limited in what they can do.