Are The Saints really that much better than last year?

I got to admit I'm not surprised the Saints are 9-3. The Saints lost a lot of close games last year and could easily have been 11-5. Their offense puts up points every year. They just need a defense that's not terrible.

With that said I think they are very beatable. I don't fear them one bit. I know we are not quite as good as last season. I don't think The Saints are much better than last season. Tom Brady carved them up week 2 and would likely do it again. Aaron Rodgers probably would have dropped 30-35 on them if he played them this season. Your thought on the 2017 Saints?

I think (Saints fans can come correct me if I’m wrong) the main reason for the many 7-9 seasons was their defense. Their offense  has always been good but now they can play defense. I know many of you here aren’t sold on their defense but that’s the biggest improvement I see. They’re getting INT’s, Cam Jordon is a animal and you can make a case for Mashon Lattimore being DROY.  

As far as the offense Brees is Brees and he’s going to get his but what makes them such a matchup problem especially for our defense is Kamara who’s going to be OROY. He is a bad matchup for our linebackers.  Saints can beat you through the air and on the ground. And when they get Kamara and Ingram going they’re going to have us on our heels. 

Ugh, I hope our offense is ready to play because we’re going to need every single point. 

9 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

I think (Saints fans can come correct me if I’m wrong) the main reason for the many 7-9 seasons was their defense. Their offense  has always been good but now they can play defense. I know many of you here aren’t sold on their defense but that’s the biggest improvement I see. They’re getting INT’s, Cam Jordon is a animal and you can make a case for Mashon Lattimore being DROY.  

As far as the offense Brees is Brees and he’s going to get his but what makes them such a matchup problem especially for our defense is Kamara who’s going to be OROY. He is a bad matchup for our linebackers.  Saints can beat you through the air and on the ground. And when they get Kamara and Ingram going they’re going to have us on our heels. 

Ugh, I hope our offense is ready to play because we’re going to need every single point. 

I believe I saw where they had like 4-5 games come down to missed FGs 

2 minutes ago, WiscoFalcon said:

They’re much improved. They’ve spent a lot of resources on improving the OL over the last few years and it’s paying off with a top rushing offense and keeping an aging QB cleaner and cleaner.

Brees has usually had a great o-line for most of his time in NO

21 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

Most of the losses were one score differences, and that was with the league's historically worst defenses. And that's not hyperbole, the league's historically worst defenses. That's been the only thing keeping Brees out of most people's conversations for G.O.A.T.

I can't believe he's never won a league MVP. The irony is, now that he has a defense and a running game, his numbers are down because he hasn't had to carry the team, but he's still leading the league in completion percentage, top 5 in yards, and had better than a 3:1 TD to INT ratio, and people are punishing him for not having Brees-like numbers, when they didn't reward him for having Brees-like numbers to begin with. It's like arguing with mouth-breathing idiots.

7 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I got to admit I'm not surprised the Saints are 9-3. The Saints lost a lot of close games last year and could easily have been 11-5. Their offense puts up points every year. They just need a defense that's not terrible.

With that said I think they are very beatable. I don't fear them one bit. I know we are not quite as good as last season. I don't think The Saints are much better than last season. Tom Brady carved them up week 2 and would likely do it again. Aaron Rodgers probably would have dropped 30-35 on them if he played them this season. Your thought on the 2017 Saints?

A lot of those fluke losses came off of special teams, and that's why the ST's coach was eventually fired after last season. Dennis Allen and Mike Nolan fixing that defense, investing high-round picks on the OL, this year's draft class, has us where we are. 

Difference between them and us this year is execution.  We are not executing as well as we were last year...way more of the negative unforced stuff.  Saints are hyper executing.  Light on the negative unforced stuff but their OL and RBs are going to town on opportunities turning run of the mill plays into chunks and scores.

15 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Kamara.  Period.

3 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Saints have beat 1 team over .500 and thats the panthers who are as jeckle and hyde as we are.. this game could go either way.. just depends if the sober birds or drunk birds show up Thursday night

Finally someone look at the stats lol --  But if butter fingers catchers or passer shows up then stats won't matter. 

4 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Saints have beat 1 team over .500 and thats the panthers who are as jeckle and hyde as we are.. this game could go either way.. just depends if the sober birds or drunk birds show up Thursday night

Well, at least they could beat the Dolphins for crissake.

Yes, the Saints are better than last year, and the Falcons are worse than they were last year. Stats only tell a small bit of the story, whereas wins and losses tell the entire story. The records of both teams don't mean the Falcons will lose on Thursday, but there is no reason to think the feeble-minded Falcons will win either.