Was the Falcons offense, particularly Matt Ryan intimidated by The Vikings defense?

I know we are getting ready for the Saints, but I just listened to a YouTube video by Toby D from pound for pound (He is a very good Falcons fan. Loves his Falcons) and he said he felt the Falcons offense, particularly Matt Ryan looked intimidated by the Vikings defense. I did not get to watch this game so I would like to know what you guys thought? Was Matt Ryan and company intimidated by the Vikings D?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I've seen both of those guys on multiple occasions rattled and back there tap dancing when they get hit enough.

Sure it happens on few plays here and there...we are talking about 60 mins of football on your own home turf without a TD .....mind boggling to understand we were soo pathetic on 3rd down conversions.....both sides of ball......how many x Matt Ryan was sacked in Vikings game?

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Sure it happens on few plays here and there...we are talking about 60 mins of football on your own home turf without a TD .....mind boggling to understand we were soo pathetic on 3rd down conversions.....both sides of ball......how many x Matt Ryan was sacked in Vikings game?

It's been more than a few plays here or there.  I remember that AFC Championship game a few years ago against Denver.  He was rattled the whole game.  Started missing wide open throws, throwing into coverage because he didn't want to get hit and ducking from the rush when there was no one close.

Matt wasn't sacked at all against Minnesota.

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

It's been more than a few plays here or there.  I remember that AFC Championship game a few years ago against Denver.  He was rattled the whole game.  Started missing wide open throws, throwing into coverage because he didn't want to get hit and ducking from the rush when there was no one close.

So if QB was not sacked ALL day....him and his WR corps should shove their heads in sand for ****ting crap in their own backyard.

They are better than this....we all know what they are capable of even with more lethal defenses we have prevailed and carved em apart.

But, what they showed us on Sunday - way below their brotherhood standard.

2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

So if QB was not sacked ALL day....him and his WR corps should shove their heads in sand for ****ting crap in their own backyard.

They are better than this....we all know what they are capable of even with more lethal defenses we have prevailed and carved em apart.

Not quite sure what you're getting at.  I was talking about Tom and ARod not being above being rattled by a withering pass rush just like anyone else.

Matt was pressured and took a few hits but he also missed some wide open throws when he was clean.  That's just what it was, but that doesn't mean I absolve the receiving corp or anyone else on the offense for the poor showing Sunday.

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I know we are getting ready for the Saints, but I just listened to a YouTube video by Toby D from pound for pound (He is a very good Falcons fan. Loves his Falcons) and he said he felt the Falcons offense, particularly Matt Ryan looked intimidated by the Vikings defense. I did not get to watch this game so I would like to know what you guys thought? Was Matt Ryan and company intimidated by the Vikings D?

Without a doubt. Pretty much everybody but Free.

14 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

For nearly 3 quarters of the Super Bowl that's the way Brady played. No one remembers that because he had the greatest 4th quarter any QB has ever had. But make no mistake about it, Brady was rattled for nearly 3 quarters of that game.

Now, as for Matt Ryan and the Falcons. They were not rattled by the Vikings defense. They just didn't play well against a GREAT defense. There's a reason "defense wins championships" is a thing. Great defense will always beat great offense. The 2013 Broncos had the best offense in NFL history and lost 43-8 because they faced the best defense in the NFL that year.

The offense against the VIkings, despite not scoring a TD, wasn't that bad actually. It was actually better than I expected. The penalties (most of them bogus) killed a few big plays. Game looks a lot different without those plays being called back. The Falcons offense actually did BETTER than the Vikings offense honestly. It was encouraging to see the Falcons defense play so well without two of our top three corners on the field. The Falcons offense struggled on 3rd down against the best 3rd down defense in the NFL. No shame in that. Just move on to the Saints. Everything the Falcons want to accomplish is right in front of them. They still control their own destiny. The complete meltdown on this message board is utterly stupid. But it's not a surprise, this place melts down even when the Falcons win.

20 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

The Vikings defense is by far the best defense the Falcons will face in 2017, unless they reach the Super Bowl and face the Jaguars defense.

Vikings ranks

• Yards Per Game - 289.1 (2nd)
  • Pass Yards Per Game - 211.4 (10th)
  • Rush Yards Per Game - 77.7 (2nd)
  • Points Per Game - 17.0 (2nd)
  • First Downs Allowed - 213 (7th)
  • 3rd Down Defense - 40/147 (27.2%) (1st)
  • Sacks - 30 (14th)

No other defense the Falcons have played this year is this good.

3 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

11:57 left in the 3rd Qtr when we scored our last FG.

I still find it hard to believe with our offense we couldn't do anything....

Count the dropped passes and penalties though...sheesh.

Intimidated?...i don't think so. Unprepared? Maybe.

There were no adjustments at halftime for sure.

I agree bro the dropped passes are killing. I told my wife that slant julio dropped looked like he was gonna take it to the house. Guys on radio said the same.

20 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

For nearly 3 quarters of the Super Bowl that's the way Brady played. No one remembers that because he had the greatest 4th quarter any QB has ever had. But make no mistake about it, Brady was rattled for nearly 3 quarters of that game.

Now, as for Matt Ryan and the Falcons. They were not rattled by the Vikings defense. They just didn't play well against a GREAT defense. There's a reason "defense wins championships" is a thing. Great defense will always beat great offense. 

Our offense took it to every defense we played last year including the Broncos, Seahawks twice, Raiders and Panthers twice to name a few.

Just now, red falcon said:

I agree bro the dropped passes are killing. I told my wife that slant julio dropped looked like he was gonna take it to the house. Guys on radio said the same.

So frustrating this season.... 

One week we are sure handed and the next we're off.

Looks to me like it's just a case of 1st year OC / everyone getting on the same page.

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Our offense took it to every defense we played last year including the Broncos, Seahawks twice, Raiders and Panthers twice to name a few.

That was last year. This year is this year. Every year is different. Just because you've got the same players doesn't mean you're gonna play the same way. Even Bill Belichick has said that.

4 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I dont know why it took zimmer so long to get a head coaching job. Hes a genius. I think he was here with Petrino and they let em get away.

Zimmer is in the mold of Bruce Arians in that he doesn’t play the games behind the scenes and he can be too blunt for his own good — a quality I personally find refreshing.