I honestly want Quinn to pull a few guys aside ...

caponine

and tell them ” get your crap together, we expect better of you” Its ridiculous the talent these guys have but dont showcase it for 60 minutes. Its not just 1 game , you need to do it consistently week in and week out. Step it up. We need this players to play very well to get to where we want to be. We need these players just as much as the other guys

Vic Beasley

T Coleman

Andre Roberts

Hooper

D Jones ( Kind of ) 

and 

Taylor Gabriel 

Anybody else you think needs to step it up on the Falcons ??

16 minutes ago, Club212 said:

you're right....BUT...we have a LACK OF veteran leadership at those positions......

really dont , they dont give 100% every place. Ive noticed that. For example , Vic .. He just stops trying to make an effort to tackle sometimes or Coleman, he doesnt try to get extra yards looks like or just falling down. Also he cant get through a hole, he needs to better and Vic does as well. Those are just some examples

Crazy how quickly people turned on Coleman. Less than a week ago, a lot of people were talking about how he was probably better than Freeman and "the offense looks better without him."

Debo has been way better than he's gotten credit for this year. Still having growing pains, sure, but he'd be on track for the same amount of INTs during the regular season if not for penalties calling his back. And he's been much better at his run fits. Still gets pushed around some, but he's a little dude.

Beasley isn't being put in places to succeed imho. Needs to be rushing pretty much exclusively, only occasional drop backs. Spying is fine too. But yeah. I get how he looks compared to last year. He's improved hugely in run D imho.

Roberts is a hot mess and I'm pretty much done with him. 

Hooper's drops are terrible. Still, think we aren't always using him correctly. He's great in space and I think he'd be a great move TE. Gotten better at blocking this year though.

Gabriel...I feel like a lot of his success was in the way Shanny used him. Sark hasn't figured it out yet. Need more tall possession receivers imho. These shifty deep threats aren't nearly as good when we suck at blocking for screens and Ryan can't throw a deep ball to save his life.

1 minute ago, Falcan Moore said:

Crazy how quickly people turned on Coleman. Less than a week ago, a lot of people were talking about how he was probably better than Freeman and "the offense looks better without him."

Debo has been way better than he's gotten credit for this year. Still having growing pains, sure, but he'd be on track for the same amount of INTs during the regular season if not for penalties calling his back. And he's been much better at his run fits. Still gets pushed around some, but he's a little dude.

Beasley isn't being put in places to succeed imho. Needs to be rushing pretty much exclusively, only occasional drop backs. Spying is fine too. But yeah. I get how he looks compared to last year. He's improved hugely in run D imho.

Hooper's drops are terrible. Still, think we aren't always using him correctly. He's great in space and I think he'd be a great move TE. Gotten better at blocking this year though.

Gabriel...I feel like a lot of his success was in the way Shanny used him. Sark hasn't figured it out yet. Need more tall possession receivers imho. These shifty deep threats aren't nearly as good when we suck at blocking for screens and Ryan can't throw a deep ball to save his life.

Ive also seen that he makes a few uncharacteristic missed tackles as well. As well as coverage mistakes

When a defense only gives up 2 scores against one of the best teams in the league u shouldnt complain about the defense and as far as Tevin goes, dude stepped up when he had to be a starter. Penalties are killing us, its no one's fault, u could call holds all day every day in every single level of football its the blatant ones that get called, these guys need better techniques, holding is our problem in the secondary and on the o line, the problem isnt holding the problem is using the technuiqe of holding that gets u flagged. Get in the inside of the shoulder pads and grab the chest guard...no holds.

6 minutes ago, caponine said:

Ive also seen that he makes a few uncharacteristic missed tackles as well. As well as coverage mistakes

I wouldn't really call them uncharacteristic - missing tackles have always been a weakness, and even then, he's tackling with a higher efficiency than last year (just going by statistics). He's been very good in coverage from what I've seen too, at least when he's in man. Has even been matched up on WRs there. 

10 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

:tiphat: great post!

20 minutes ago, Miller2Rison said:

When a defense only gives up 2 scores against one of the best teams in the league u shouldnt complain about the defense and as far as Tevin goes, dude stepped up when he had to be a starter. Penalties are killing us, its no one's fault, u could call holds all day every day in every single level of football its the blatant ones that get called, these guys need better techniques, holding is our problem in the secondary and on the o line, the problem isnt holding the problem is using the technuiqe of holding that gets u flagged. Get in the inside of the shoulder pads and grab the chest guard...no holds.

sorry but Coleman can do better, he has done it 3 games but the way you define yourself as a rb is if you can do it weekly. He’s need learn how to make people miss. Needs to learn how to cut in traffic and open space. i know he is behind freeman as well. 

Couldnt stop the run yesterday at all , but penalties happen .You have to be able to overcome them. I cant blame penalties anymore. Its been a crutch we can use to blame when we lose games

1 hour ago, caponine said:

and tell them ” get your crap together, we expect better of you” Its ridiculous the talent these guys have but dont showcase it for 60 minutes. Its not just 1 game , you need to do it consistently week in and week out. Step it up. We need this players to play very well to get to where we want to be. We need these players just as much as the other guys

Vic Beasley

T Coleman

Andre Roberts

Hooper

D Jones ( Kind of ) 

and 

Taylor Gabriel 

I’d like to add our ST’s coach, Keith Armstrong, along with our QB coach, Bush Hamden, who has already accepted a job in college next year.

Still baffled about not retaining LaFleur as QB Coach. 

I am still very good with Coleman, Debo & Beasley (he is playing a hybrid role since returning from injury).

Hooper brain farts on a regular basis but should still end up a very good Pro.

Gabriel ends up in SF

Roberts is a question mark.  I blame Armstrong for all of the ST issues

Edited by Falconsin2012

32 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’d like to add our ST’s coach, Keith Armstrong, along with our QB coach, Bush Hamden, who has already accepted a job in college next year.

Still baffled about not retaining LaFleur as QB Coach. 

I am still very good with Coleman, Debo & Beasley (he is playing a hybrid role since returning from injury).

Hooper brain farts on a regular basis but should still end up a very good Pro.

Gabriel ends up in SF

Roberts is a question mark.  I blame Armstrong for all of the ST issues

Lol Keith has worn out his welcome honestly lol he can hit the bricks lol

He should have been but we continue to outsmart ourselves. 

Hooper has regressed at the worst times when we needed him.

Yeah Gabe is gone too lol

and i blame roberts because there have been so many drives where we started inside the 5 and it backfired on us

1 hour ago, Club212 said:

you're right....BUT...we have a LACK OF veteran leadership at those positions......

You hit the nail on the head!  Too many young guys without anyone to help them grow whose done it.  We would have had to bring in veteran leadership from the outside (like Freeney) because those vets we got rid of was garbage. 

14 minutes ago, caponine said:

and i blame roberts because there have been so many drives where we started inside the 5 and it backfired on us

Last year we all assigned blame on our veteran Pro Bowl returner, Eric Weems.  So we try to upgrade in the offseason with Roberts...and now we blame Roberts.  The constant is Armstrong.

2 hours ago, caponine said:

Vic Beasley

T Coleman

Andre Roberts

Hooper

D Jones ( Kind of ) 

and 

Taylor Gabriel 

Why? A lot of y'all don't think Quinn should chew anyone out. So there's no need in pulling anyone aside for a general conversation about the weather.

1 hour ago, caponine said:

sorry but Coleman can do better, he has done it 3 games but the way you define yourself as a rb is if you can do it weekly. He’s need learn how to make people miss. Needs to learn how to cut in traffic and open space. i know he is behind freeman as well. 

Couldnt stop the run yesterday at all , but penalties happen .You have to be able to overcome them. I cant blame penalties anymore. Its been a crutch we can use to blame when we lose games

Thats not his game. Kid made it to the nfl after years of college now you want him to change his gm lol. If thats the case you can say that about everyone on the team. He struggles for more yards and loses the ball you will be upset about that also. The only thing wrong with his game is that hes not getting enough carries.

How do you leave out our wr that have dropped passes all year?

17 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Why do people keep saying this? LaFleur took a job as the OC for the Rams. He'd never stay as our QB coach when that kind of opportunity presented itself.

Now, if the question was why we didn't promote him as OC since we seem into promoting from within? Not sure on that part. I feel like he's done more with less, though Sark is absolutely coming on now.

LaFleur did not even ask for a promotion.  He simply wanted to stay on as QB Coach but we decided not to retain him....

"It was odd the Falcons did not seem to seriously consider promoting Matt LaFleur, the quarterback coach for Matt Ryan’s MVP season. He spent years with Shanahan running the offense, and honestly, was the most sensical replacement for Shanahan.

LaFleur may not be calling plays in Los Angeles, but is the offensive coordinator for another prolific offense.

Yikes.

How did the Falcons let him get away? LaFleur was under contract with the team, and could not leave the Falcons for any position but a head coach job without the team’s blessing.

The team, of course, allowed the move. And now we know why.

It would be tough to bungle a situation worse than this. The Falcons happily let the offensive staff leave for other positions so they could hire Sarkisian, who never coordinated in the pros. It is tough to say what the team did not like about LaFleur, but I don’t think it could be worth the offensive drop off. The offense has imploded so quickly that you have to blame the decision makers, starting with Dan Quinn."

20 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Why do people keep saying this? LaFleur took a job as the OC for the Rams. He'd never stay as our QB coach when that kind of opportunity presented itself.

Now, if the question was why we didn't promote him as OC since we seem into promoting from within? Not sure on that part. I feel like he's done more with less, though Sark is absolutely coming on now.

I wish we would have kept him, but i say this looking at where we stand now. Who knows if he would have done better here if he stayed.

6 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I wish we would have kept him, but i say this looking at where we stand now. Who knows if he would have done better here if he stayed.

Continuity amongst the coaches is a huge thing for the players.  So is veteran leadership.  We did away with both this off-season. Still thrilled with the MM promotion though...he can be special IMO.

14 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

LaFleur did not even ask for a promotion.  He simply wanted to stay on as QB Coach but we decided not to retain him....

Reading the rest of your post, I do see that we could have "blocked" him from going somewhere else, but I did some research myself and didn't see anything about him wanting to stay on as a QB coach and us not letting him. He wasn't fired. After reading, it just sounds like the Rams had been planning to offer him the job for a while (he accepted a few days after the SuperBowl) and he went with Quinn's blessing. So, in other words, Quinn wanted him to be able to do well for himself. Guess he did.

I still think offering him the OC job wouldn't have been a bad idea. But, here we are.

13 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Reading the rest of your post, I do see that we could have "blocked" him from going somewhere else, but I did some research myself and didn't see anything about him wanting to stay on as a QB coach and us not letting him. He wasn't fired. After reading, it just sounds like the Rams had been planning to offer him the job for a while (he accepted a few days after the SuperBowl) and he went with Quinn's blessing. So, in other words, Quinn wanted him to be able to do well for himself. Guess he did.

I still think offering him the OC job wouldn't have been a bad idea. But, here we are.

"Plus the stakes are higher now. A team that led a Super Bowl by 25 points and somehow lost, returned a year later with the core of its roster intact. Then they made the curious choice to hire an offensive coordinator from the outside rather than promote from within. Matt LaFleur, quarterbacks coach, would have seemed like a reasonable candidate for promotion. Ditto for Mike McDaniel, offensive assistant, or even better, Morris, the wide receivers coach.

However, neither McDaniel nor LaFleur were even considered for the position. Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff let McDaniel walk, and he joined Shanahan in San Francisco as his run game coordinator. LaFleur, who at the very least wanted to retain his role as quarterbacks coach, is now offensive coordinator in Los Angeles under playcalling head coach Sean McVay. Lafluer was replaced by Bush Hamdan, the former Boise State quarterback in his first NFL role. The Falcons’ braintrust felt the most important offensive coaches to retain were Morris, and Chris Morgan, the third-year offensive line coach who actually has this run game humming; Atlanta’s backs are averaging 4.9 yards per attempt in 2017." 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/25/steve-sarkisian-atlanta-falcons-dan-quinn-matt-ryan

Edited by Falconsin2012

20 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Could we have blocked Shanahan?