Did we even try to win this game

lju713

Trust me we should and could have won this game. The playing calling was vanilla IMO and we didnt look interested. I saw no fire or grit on offense. We play N.O on Thursday and its a divisional battle the rest of the season. This is the 1 lost I feel we could afford. It would be nice to sweep with the Saints but realistically that won't happen. Car and TB don't scare me. I think most of our prep and focus was and is on the division race/wildcard and not so much on Minny.

Allegedly we tried to win the game, but actual physical evidence suggests different. FG on final drive in the 4th quarter proves Quinn is in over his head, and it's only a matter of time, now that Shanny is gone, before everybody sees that.  Some of us already know this, others are a little slow. I guess give them time.  

our offense isn't that good this year. We've had some good games against bad/beat up defenses but every game we've had against a competent pass defense we've been completely neutralized. The Vikings are the best D we've faced this season given Seattle was without Sherman, ET3 and Kam in our game against them. Simply put, this is not a super bowl team.

31 minutes ago, zzfrow said:

Allegedly we tried to win the game, but actual physical evidence suggests different. FG on final drive in the 4th quarter proves Quinn is in over his head, and it's only a matter of time, now that Shanny is gone, before everybody sees that.  Some of us already know this, others are a little slow. I guess give them time.  

We will most likely make the playoffs. Dan Quinn is better than Mike Smith all day!

38 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Trust me we should and could have won this game. The playing calling was vanilla IMO and we didnt look interested. I saw no fire or grit on offense. We play N.O on Thursday and its a divisional battle the rest of the season. This is the 1 lost I feel we could afford. It would be nice to sweep with the Saints but realistically that won't happen. Car and TB don't scare me. I think most of our prep and focus was and is on the division race/wildcard and not so much on Minny.

I hope they didn't blow off this game, but if that is the case, shame on everyone involved in that decisión.

1 hour ago, zzfrow said:

That's why  I feel we need to go after Kubiak. Hire him now as a offensive consultant. In the off season name him OC and move Sark to QB coach.

Firing Richard Smith stunted VB development and role on D. Quinn need veteran coaches around him at this stage of his career. He's not Belicheck and I hope the SB berth didn't go to his head,and him thinking we've arrived.

1 hour ago, fuego said:

And all the throws to receivers not past the first down marker on third downs. It was maddening. It's like we kept conceding thinking we would take control but never did. 

This was my biggest problem with the game.  Why did Matt keep throwing to guys on 3rd down who weren't even at the sticks?  I get having an outlet receiver but we have to force the ball down the field sometimes in those situations.  I only saw what was on TV so don't know if the deep coverage was just that unbelievable all game or what.  But I feel like when we threw 15 yard passes we were generally catching them and that dinking and dunking against the Vikings obviously will not work.

4 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

This was my biggest problem with the game.  Why did Matt keep throwing to guys on 3rd down who weren't even at the sticks?  I get having an outlet receiver but we have to force the ball down the field sometimes in those situations.  I only saw what was on TV so don't know if the deep coverage was just that unbelievable all game or what.  But I feel like when we threw 15 yard passes we were generally catching them and that dinking and dunking against the Vikings obviously will not work.

This game had a real feel of playing not to lose rather than being aggressive. 

2 hours ago, Kayoh said:

our offense isn't that good this year. We've had some good games against bad/beat up defenses but every game we've had against a competent pass defense we've been completely neutralized. The Vikings are the best D we've faced this season given Seattle was without Sherman, ET3 and Kam in our game against them. Simply put, this is not a super bowl team.

They weren't without Thomas, so please, don't perpetuate that. It was the same defense that has been clobbering the Eagles tonight.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I think we go 3-1 from here but it might not be enough with the Seahawks a game up.  That would mean they would have to go 2-2 they have the Jags, Rams, Cowboys, Cardinals 

It's going to be tough unless the panthers fade

Don't even really need a "fade." If we go 3-1 with one of those wins being vs Carolina, and they lose to the Vikings as well (likely) or even the Packers (also likely since Rodgers will probably be back) then we get in over them.

Regardless, Thursday is a make or break game.