Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JG2008

Stadium was about 20% empty and had about 35% Vikings Fans 65% Falcons

52 posts in this topic

This problem is not unique to ATL. It's happening in every NFL stadium. To suggest it has something to do with MB stadium design, ATL support, fans walking around, etc. ignores the real problem. Hopefully the NFL brain trust will get together and solve this problem otherwise it will be even worse next year.

3 hours ago, Five_Fifs said:

This is patently false. The building was not nearly 65% Vikings fans.

And we all understand the “empty seats” are vacated by folks watching from field level or the walkways.

Then why didn’t it look that way during the SEC Championship Game?

It looked like the seats were packed for that game

It is what it is. I'm glad tickets are available, and the franchise isn't going to move somewhere else.

The SEC championship game is a whole different level, rabid fan base,student tickets Saturday afternoon,UGA makes it in the first time in awhile. etc. etc. 

2 hours ago, DMT11 said:

Some of yall or nitpicking bul****ters - the SEC champ game has **** LOADS of empty seats because ppl dont all watch the game from thier seats, there are inverted open bars that fully let you see the stadium not to mention all the other walking areas and concourse action.  THey knew this would happen listen to Rich Mckay talk about it,       AND PLEASE STOP COMPARING ATL UNITED,   OMFG  its soccer mther****ers its totally different - you stay in your seat because its not a possession game, its constantly moving back and forth between the teams, there is no time off or breaks or possesions like in baseball, football and even NBA.  the ball is constantly being touched by both teams, also lets not forget the fact we set records in the this city with that sport - if that doesnt explain to you how many transplants and fans of international sports with international residents we have here I dont know what to tell you.  Its a completely different type of fan base and culture.  Yet we have it here, 

ALSO lets not forget the some of us Falcon fans are spoiled from years of decent regular season success and no post season championships, lots of teams around that league that havent won superbowls have this issue, stack everything mentioned above and their you have it.  Why is everything so black and white, ITS NOT ITS JUST NOT UNLESS YOU MAKE IT THAT WAY, and we have some itch about making this such a huge issue.  

I think ill save money, go to the Soccer game and have more fun.  Had time today but took the boy hiking instead.

Former STH very happy not to be a PSL renter.

Sun Tzu 7 and Mega Flare like this

Instead of the stadium being an amusement park or the lack of fan engagement I'd rather complain about our players not putting on a show worthy of keeping fans in their seats. 

3 hours ago, JG2008 said:

Stadium was about 20% empty and had about 35% Vikings Fans 65%. 

2961F1DE-83E4-4230-8936-7AC80F5D98D1_zps

Very much an accurate portrayal of 'sample size'.

4 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

In case you've all missed it, the team that actually matters in this state.....is California bound. It's never gonna change.

It's never too late for a local team to screw the pooch.

12 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

In case you've all missed it, the team that actually matters in this state.....is California bound. It's never gonna change.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I was born and raised in Georgia and the Falcons have been and will always be my #1 Team. Not Georgia Bulldog's! 

There are plenty of Falcon fans and the fan base continues to grow. I see Falcon tags and people wearing Falcon attire all the time. 

College football is not even close to being as exciting as Pro football IMO. You don't get to play App State or Stamford or Vanderbilt in the Pro game. 

And the last time I checked UGA last won National Championship in 1980. That's almost 4 decades ago. So I don't understand why some claim that the UGA dogs are so great...and the favorite team in this state. Not mine!

College football to me is JV football. The Varsity plays on Sundays!

Keep the faith Falcon fans! Its our new corporate stadium and greedy owners who are hurting our being able to afford supporting the team.

The league needs to wake up and not continue to price out the real fans (blue collar fans) that helped the NFL become what it is. 

Falcons are still in the hunt!  Get in and anything can happen! Stay strong Falcon faithful! ☺

vitaman and Scorpion like this

15 hours ago, JG2008 said:

i was in section 348 Row 1 - here is a picture of the 1st level section below us  near the end of the 1st qrr - it looked pretty much the same throughout the rest of the stadium throughout the rest of the game

Surely this was the reason for the drops, overthrows, missed tackles, underthrows and dumass penalties. 

QuinnTorris and FentayeJones like this

2 hours ago, AvidFalconFan said:

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I was born and raised in Georgia and the Falcons have been and will always be my #1 Team. Not Georgia Bulldog's! 

There are plenty of Falcon fans and the fan base continues to grow. I see Falcon tags and people wearing Falcon attire all the time. 

College football is not even close to being as exciting as Pro football IMO. You don't get to play App State or Stamford or Vanderbilt in the Pro game. 

And the last time I checked UGA last won National Championship in 1980. That's almost 4 decades ago. So I don't understand why some claim that the UGA dogs are so great...and the favorite team in this state. Not mine!

College football to me is JV football. The Varsity plays on Sundays!

Keep the faith Falcon fans! Its our new corporate stadium and greedy owners who are hurting our being able to afford supporting the team.

The league needs to wake up and not continue to price out the real fans (blue collar fans) that helped the NFL become what it is. 

Falcons are still in the hunt!  Get in and anything can happen! Stay strong Falcon faithful! ☺

LOL this isn't a marriage where you have to be monogamous....

I think alot of people are posting this threads because our home field advantage is all but gone with this new stadium. I am not sure if its the new stadium and people are walking around or the stupid protest that is having people boycott ( not interested ) in games but its definitely not how it used to be in the Georgia Dome.

Even when we were 3-0 and our first ever game at this new stadium the stadium still looked empty.  Home field advantage is HUGE ...the  noise the fans make and atmosphere makes it harder for the opposing team to hear and it also pumps up our team. If the fans are walking around or not showing up then it needs to keep being brought up because like it or not it will affect our team.

19 hours ago, JG2008 said:

i was in section 348 Row 1 - here is a picture of the 1st level section below us  near the end of the 1st qrr - it looked pretty much the same throughout the rest of the stadium throughout the rest of the game

If the stadium was truly 20% empty yesterday, I surely wouldn't have been crushed like a bug while exiting from the lower level at the end of the game....which I most definitely was!

21 hours ago, DMT11 said:

Some of yall or nitpicking bul****ters - the SEC champ game has **** LOADS of empty seats because ppl dont all watch the game from thier seats, there are inverted open bars that fully let you see the stadium not to mention all the other walking areas and concourse action.  THey knew this would happen listen to Rich Mckay talk about it,       AND PLEASE STOP COMPARING ATL UNITED,   OMFG  its soccer mther****ers its totally different - you stay in your seat because its not a possession game, its constantly moving back and forth between the teams, there is no time off or breaks or possesions like in baseball, football and even NBA.  the ball is constantly being touched by both teams, also lets not forget the fact we set records in the this city with that sport - if that doesnt explain to you how many transplants and fans of international sports with international residents we have here I dont know what to tell you.  Its a completely different type of fan base and culture.  Yet we have it here, 

ALSO lets not forget the some of us Falcon fans are spoiled from years of decent regular season success and no post season championships, lots of teams around that league that havent won superbowls have this issue, stack everything mentioned above and their you have it.  Why is everything so black and white, ITS NOT ITS JUST NOT UNLESS YOU MAKE IT THAT WAY, and we have some itch about making this such a huge issue.  

http://mercedesbenzstadium.com/2017-sec-championship-georgia-vs-auburn/   If you look at the pics you will notice most people are sitting in their seats cheering their teams. I was there and the atmosphere was amazing! 

16 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

Saints fans are having a field day with that video on Twitter lol. 

Yea, now that they’ve emerged out of the 7-9 hole they’ve become a lot more chatty.  It had been a fairly quiet four years.

1 minute ago, slamee101 said:

Yea, now that they’ve emerged out of the 7-9 hole they’ve become a lot more chatty.  It had been a fairly quiet four years.

You won't find them after THU 11:59PM either lol

I believe this was the 3rd highest attendance of the year at over 71,185 of the 6 games. Only Dallas had more than a few more. There were 2k more standing Dallas fans. 

There is no doubt the crowd noise/participation is less in MBS.  The attendance is the same but, we have lost any home field advantage.  AB wanted to enhance the gameday experience to get the people off their couch and into the stadium.  Now they are out of their seat and walking around.