Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JG2008

Stadium was about 20% empty and had about 35% Vikings Fans 65% Falcons

52 posts in this topic

Stadium was about 20% empty and had about 35% Vikings Fans 65% Falcons

i was in section 348 Row 1 - here is a picture of the 1st level section below us  near the end of the 1st qrr - it looked pretty much the same throughout the rest of the stadium throughout the rest of the game

2961F1DE-83E4-4230-8936-7AC80F5D98D1_zps

I was in section 234 and there were the same number of opposing teams fans sitting around me as there always are.  I guess when I go this Thursday night with the Saints fans, we will see how bad it is.  But with it being a Thursday night game, I think a lot of our fans might be dumping tix, even to our arch rival the Saints.  Sad, but not to unexpected. 

Mega Flare likes this

This is patently false. The building was not nearly 65% Vikings fans.

And we all understand the “empty seats” are vacated by folks watching from field level or the walkways.

Byrdman242424 likes this

4 minutes ago, Five_Fifs said:

And we all understand the “empty seats” are vacated by folks watching from field level or the walkways.

The post says

65% Falcons Fans

35% Vikings

Big_L, Mega Flare and vitaman like this

22 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So I just saw an Instagram post from a board members who was at the game and said he never even went to the seat. So the question is how many people were just roaming around 

I was talking to a guy at work who has season tickets.  He said that’s what EVERYONE does.  Walk around cause there is so much **** to do. 

Personally I wish they’d kept the dome. Nothing wrong with it and it was always loud when I went to watch my birds.  

Just now, Godzilla1985 said:

I was talking to a guy at work who has season tickets.  He said that’s what EVERYONE does.  Walk around cause there is so much **** to do. 

Personally I wish they’d kept the dome. Nothing wrong with it and it was always loud when I went to watch my birds.  

Me and you both. I actually enjoyed going to the dome, especially falcons landing before the game. Do they even have f alcons landing anymore 

Godzilla1985 and Mega Flare like this

1 minute ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Agree we got a mall instead of a stadium 

1 minute ago, jdawg4876 said:

Agree we got a mall instead of a stadium 

I call it a Country Club, but yeah - country club, mall...but not a football stadium

Mega Flare likes this

Some of yall or nitpicking bul****ters - the SEC champ game has **** LOADS of empty seats because ppl dont all watch the game from thier seats, there are inverted open bars that fully let you see the stadium not to mention all the other walking areas and concourse action.  THey knew this would happen listen to Rich Mckay talk about it,       AND PLEASE STOP COMPARING ATL UNITED,   OMFG  its soccer mther****ers its totally different - you stay in your seat because its not a possession game, its constantly moving back and forth between the teams, there is no time off or breaks or possesions like in baseball, football and even NBA.  the ball is constantly being touched by both teams, also lets not forget the fact we set records in the this city with that sport - if that doesnt explain to you how many transplants and fans of international sports with international residents we have here I dont know what to tell you.  Its a completely different type of fan base and culture.  Yet we have it here, 

ALSO lets not forget the some of us Falcon fans are spoiled from years of decent regular season success and no post season championships, lots of teams around that league that havent won superbowls have this issue, stack everything mentioned above and their you have it.  Why is everything so black and white, ITS NOT ITS JUST NOT UNLESS YOU MAKE IT THAT WAY, and we have some itch about making this such a huge issue.  

These threads crack me up.  People act like the stadium going to go away at the end of the season if people aren't oozing out the top or they're day-trading their PSLs.  AMB Sports Entertainment will make changes if they feel they aren't getting what they need.

Sounds about right viewing from my section also. It appears to be the same in most all NFL stadiums. Sad that the NFL hasn't gotten a spine yet. This problem needs to be exposed each and every week until the NFL owners make a final decision and fans will hopefully return in mass.

We can gripe about another crowd thread but Quinn and Archer mentioned the crowd this week so it’s clearly an issue.  Crowd did not sound especially enthusiastic today on TV but what do I know.

Mega Flare likes this

1 hour ago, DMT11 said:

Some of yall or nitpicking bul****ters - the SEC champ game has **** LOADS of empty seats because ppl dont all watch the game from thier seats, there are inverted open bars that fully let you see the stadium not to mention all the other walking areas and concourse action.  THey knew this would happen listen to Rich Mckay talk about it,       AND PLEASE STOP COMPARING ATL UNITED,   OMFG  its soccer mther****ers its totally different - you stay in your seat because its not a possession game, its constantly moving back and forth between the teams, there is no time off or breaks or possesions like in baseball, football and even NBA.  the ball is constantly being touched by both teams, also lets not forget the fact we set records in the this city with that sport - if that doesnt explain to you how many transplants and fans of international sports with international residents we have here I dont know what to tell you.  Its a completely different type of fan base and culture.  Yet we have it here, 

ALSO lets not forget the some of us Falcon fans are spoiled from years of decent regular season success and no post season championships, lots of teams around that league that havent won superbowls have this issue, stack everything mentioned above and their you have it.  Why is everything so black and white, ITS NOT ITS JUST NOT UNLESS YOU MAKE IT THAT WAY, and we have some itch about making this such a huge issue.  

2 hours ago, Five_Fifs said:

Was it that way at the Ga Bulldogs game ?

The Great American likes this