Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atlndvd

Kamara and Ingram...

46 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

So, how does this equate go then setting records against us?

1. We don't tackle nearly as good as we need to.  Our LBs are not as effective at getting to guys as they probably should be.
  2. They are hard to tackle (especially Kamara).  Teams that have good tackling Ds have struggled with YAC against AK and MI.

I'm never going to say we can't compete as this team has only completely let NE really roll our D but it would be foolish to not recognize that as a matchup, the Saints are playing a brand of ball that is not the best of matchup for us.  I think their D is overrated but definitely not their O.

Scott1988 likes this

8 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:
  1. We don't tackle nearly as good as we need to.  Our LBs are not as effective at getting to guys as they probably should be.
  2. They are hard to tackle (especially Kamara).  Teams that have good tackling Ds have struggled with YAC against AK and MI.

I'm never going to say we can't compete as this team has only completely let NE really roll our D but it would be foolish to not recognize that as a matchup, the Saints are playing a brand of ball that is not the best of matchup for us.  I think their D is overrated but definitely not their O.

Again, what does this have to do with Thursday Night?

Games against the Saints are usually competitive, even when one team is clearly having a better season than the other. I actually think we'll hold them in check running the ball. I'm honestly more worried about our offense sputtering again. It's been a no-show against the two best teams we've played (Patriots and Vikings), and both games were on artificial turf...

It’s all predicated on the O...if we are moving it, the D gets more confidence and gets to stay off the field.

what is so frustrating about the Falcons current defense is the overall ability to “get off the field”...teams routinely have 6+ minute drives against us like we r a joke

FalconJim and Faithful Falcon like this

20 hours ago, atlndvd said:

Does anyone else think these two might set records against us?  I mean, once our defense tires just a little, they get abused.  NO might legit drop 50 on us.  We couldn’t beat Carolina and NO is SMOKING them

We were smoking them too, until we weren't.

FalconJim likes this

31 minutes ago, Peyton said:

This pair has 2348 yards from scrimmage already and 20 TDs.

That is absurd.

They're the Freeman / Coleman of 2016. Sean Payton took some of the positive things from last year's Falcons and implemented them into the Saints.

1 hour ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

They're the Freeman / Coleman of 2016. Sean Payton took some of the positive things from last year's Falcons and implemented them into the Saints.

Only Kamara is far more talented than Coleman.  

Jerz #Quinning and Scott1988 like this

2 hours ago, atlndvd said:

Only Kamara is far more talented than Coleman.  

Yes, it's would be hard for anyone to deny that.  I like TeCo, but Kamara is other worldly at this point.