Am I the only one who thinks backfield by committee is one of our problems?

lostnmexico

We all know that Freeman and Coleman have two very different running styles and the line seems to block differently for each back.  We also really failed to establish the run today even though many runs were there.  The zebras certainly helped Minnesot'a cause in that regard because it seems we got called for everything while they were allowed to turn the LOS into an MMA event!

1 minute ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

I honestly hate a 2 back system, but Shanny made it work. Sark actually started the game using our backs together, but went away from it. If we're not going to use them together, then I would rather just use one guy 70% of the time

i liked that they were in alot together , but didnt even do that in the second half. Both of them are so dangerous

Sark does not ride the hot hand like Shanahan did.  I was infuriated every time Coleman ran on the last few series.  Why take out freeman when he was only getting more and more effective as the game wore on?  Those Coleman stuffs killed our momentum multiple times.

1 minute ago, abstract said:

Sark does not ride the hot hand like Shanahan did.  I was infuriated every time Coleman ran on the last few series.  Why take out freeman when he was only getting more and more effective as the game wore on?  Those Coleman stuffs killed our momentum multiple times.

so its coleman’s fault right ??

Just now, abstract said:

Thank you abstract.  You are seeing what I see.  I also hate that they went away from Coleman early when he was being used as a reciever.

1 minute ago, lostnmexico said:

I disagree.  It is a coaches job to assure flawless execution or find players who can.

this is the nfl players get paid on both sides. So what your saying is shanny should have benched players after halftime in seattle last year? or during the chargers and eagles game? It is sarks fault matt couldnt hit his targets today, or the bs calls. Now calling all these toss plays is different, but we cant put all our offensive struggles on sark anymore hes starting to get it together. And I was one of the first ones on his head with the playcalling

Most teams use at least two RB's.  You can't just use one back anymore, you will put too many hits on them and they will have a shorter life span, kinda like what happened to Michael Turner.  The problem is we are not the least bit creative with our running plays.  The lack of creativity in all of our play calls this season has been staggering.  

11 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

this is the nfl players get paid on both sides. So what your saying is shanny should have benched players after halftime in seattle last year? or during the chargers and eagles game? It is sarks fault matt couldnt hit his targets today, or the bs calls. Now calling all these toss plays is different, but we cant put all our offensive struggles on sark anymore hes starting to get it together. And I was one of the first ones on his head with the playcalling

Again...I disagree.  He is being paid and it is his job to put a competant offense on the field.  SARK is the responsable party for the offense...when its good and when its bad.  It's his job and just like me, if I don't perform at work, I am gonna get called to the office and if the office thinks I cannot get it done, I get fired!  Its SARKs job to assure offensive execution, and when the offense struggles, it rests clearly on his shoulders.  Sorry dude.  Guys got a job to do and if the players aren't doing theirs, then he's gotta make a change.

My favorite quote from Marion Campbell:  Those that want to play....play.  Those that don't can get the he11 out!

Just now, TrapAHolic said:

You’re not the only one. I made a similar thread a few weeks ago. Offense moves better and more consistently with Freeman and idk how people can’t see that. People are just so infatuated TeCo’s speed. Granted if Sark was better everything would be better.

is this forreal or are you joking ?

58 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

We all know that Freeman and Coleman have two very different running styles and the line seems to block differently for each back.  We also really failed to establish the run today even though many runs were there.  The zebras certainly helped Minnesot'a cause in that regard because it seems we got called for everything while they were allowed to turn the LOS into an MMA event!

Not the only one, but you’re still all wrong. 

25 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Again...I disagree.  He is being paid and it is his job to put a competant offense on the field.  SARK is the responsable party for the offense...when its good and when its bad.  It's his job and just like me, if I don't perform at work, I am gonna get called to the office and if the office thinks I cannot get it done, I get fired!  Its SARKs job to assure offensive execution, and when the offense struggles, it rests clearly on his shoulders.  Sorry dude.  Guys got a job to do and if the players aren't doing theirs, then he's gotta make a change.

My favorite quote from Marion Campbell:  Those that want to play....play.  Those that don't can get the he11 out!

Ill throw a quote out there as well since that's the end all be all for discussion.. You can lead a horse to water but can't make em drink.. Sark can do everything right during the week but when it comes down to the play it's on the players on how they execute it and the effort they put in.. Yes it will 'fall on sark' but thats the player.. And if you think him using the next man up or less talented players will produce a better product you're crazy.. The depth chart is ordered that way for a reason.. I get what you are saying he may need to coach them differently during the week, which I'm not refuting or agreeing, but at the end of the day you can't put missed throws, dropped passes and ref calls all on Sark. If anything that falls on dq.. 

Just now, Vandy said:

Not the only one, but you’re still all wrong. 

I think the problema lies in the fact that we do not ride the hot hand as another poster mentioned.  I love Coleman and would love to see him featured more in the passing game as a way to get touches but I think Freemen needs carries to get into a rythym as a RB.  Maybe Coleman as well since last week he scored twice and went for around 100!  I think the two backs can co exist but I think differing styles make it hard on the offensive line as one back is speed, the other is power.