Games like this is why the Falcons have empty seats at home

zzfrow

Play calling in general sucks, stupid coaching personnel, a head coach in over his head, but mostly because this team is not exciting to watch.  No guts, no drive or passion to snatch a win away from a good team, when the opportunity is sitting right there to do just that.  It's not just that we lost the game, it's that when the games are on the line, we crumble.  Who would pay to watch that.  

8 minutes ago, opensource001 said:

Yep.  Though the fans will still get blamed for not wasting their hard earned cash on an inferior product.

Agreed. I still love the team and root for them through and through, but I swear it's extremely difficult to root for and support this team sometimes. It's like they get you just on the cusp of climax, then just stop, flop down, roll over, and go to sleep for the night. You're laying there sexually frustrated and turn to other things to make up for the let down.

It's not like the team played well and just fell short to a great time. It's that they performed horribly. I can accept losing, just not losing the way we have. The way we lose is a slow, gut-wrenching, soul-snatching, heart-crushing, mind-bending, spirit-breaking torture session. . . .

2 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Eh that's not it. Team was coming off a superbowl and started 3-0, seats were still empty.

You might be right, though I thought the opener was a sell out against Packers.  But you can discard that one if you want to since it was NATL TV and they usually sell out.  Games against Buffalo and Miami did have some empty seats, but it doesn't seem as many as we are seeing now. 

Just now, Ghosts of Glanville said:

This. It’s simple econmics.  Who wants to blow high four-figures to watch this???  I’d rather have a kick butt team playing at a decrepit dump than mediocrity playing in a stadium worth more than some third world countries 

This!!! Simple economics ESPECIALLY with the fact that many who attend these games make their dollars stretch to afford the tickets in the first place. Tickets are outrageous right now. I love the Falcons, but I'm not breaking the bank for a game. . . . Priorities and perspective. . . 

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

If y'all are pissed now, wait until Thursday night when 30,000 Katrinas befoul Mercedes Benz Mall.  

LMAO at befoul . . . 

Just now, jdawg4876 said:

and mall is accurate. I still miss the dome and to keep the streak going I also hate that stupid whistle 

I'd prefer they kept the Dome, too, but you know, money, politics, and all that. . . 

The NFL made the exact mistake as NASCAR.  die hard fans built the sport’s popularity, and they thank us by building stadiums that appeal to corporate bruhs who show up at the end of the first, wander around the stadium until the half, sit through the third loudly telling their trophy wives and everyone around that doesn’t want to hear him that Mike Ryan needs to hit more home runs, then bolts at the start of the fourth.  

Hope you’re enjoying it, Art

9 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

The NFL made the exact mistake as NASCAR.  die hard fans built the sport’s popularity, and they thank us by building stadiums that appeal to corporate bruhs who show up at the end of the first, wander around the stadium until the half, sit through the third loudly telling their trophy wives and everyone around that doesn’t want to hear him that Mike Ryan needs to hit more home runs, then bolts at the start of the fourth.  

LMAO!

As the old saying goes, there's truth in jest . . .

48 minutes ago, octoslash said:

If y'all are pissed now, wait until Thursday night when 30,000 Katrinas befoul Mercedes Benz Mall.   You'll wish those seats were empty.

Lol this ^

Gonna feel like a home game for New Orleans. Fans want the team to win games, but a big part of that is having some type of home field advantage. Can't have it both ways. Atlanta fan base is garbage. 

Atlanta's Fan Base isn't really the issue in my opinion, its the ticket prices. Atlanta is attractive to anyone NOT from Atlanta. More people, especially young and single, move to Atlanta than any other city which brings fans who support teams other than the Falcons. Plus there is so much to do in Atlanta than just going to a football game on Sunday especially with the cost of tickets now. I was born and raised in College Park and moved to VA 7 years ago and I make an effort to at least make one game a year. But even with that said, paying for tickets and parking for the Saints game Thursday night cost me almost $350 not including gas and food stops to get there. So if it costs $350 for someone traveling, I can see why no one wants to go to a game if they live there.

1 hour ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Not only is this the wittiest post of the week, it's also quite a brilliant comparison. 

I'd like this x 100 if I could.

19 minutes ago, ICUH8N said:

Atlanta's Fan Base isn't really the issue in my opinion, its the ticket prices. Atlanta is attractive to anyone NOT from Atlanta. More people, especially young and single, move to Atlanta than any other city which brings fans who support teams other than the Falcons. Plus there is so much to do in Atlanta than just going to a football game on Sunday especially with the cost of tickets now. I was born and raised in College Park and moved to VA 7 years ago and I make an effort to at least make one game a year. But even with that said, paying for tickets and parking for the Saints game Thursday night cost me almost $350 not including gas and food stops to get there. So if it costs $350 for someone traveling, I can see why no one wants to go to a game if they live there.

Upper Deck tix are affordable, but good seats are expensive.  The thing is even now the Falcons have some of the cheapest tickets in the league, and the food prices are insanely cheap, cheapest in all of sports.  So while a seat at the 50 yard line, lower deck, is a bit much, it's no more expensive than it is anywhere else, in fact like I said it is cheaper than most NFL teams.  Falcons fan base is lazy, and always has been.  

1 hour ago, zzfrow said:

Play calling in general sucks, stupid coaching personnel, a head coach in over his head, but mostly because this team is not exciting to watch.  No guts, no drive or passion to snatch a win away from a good team, when the opportunity is sitting right there to do just that.  It's not just that we lost the game, it's that when the games are on the line, we crumble.  Who would pay to watch that.  

yep

23 minutes ago, zzfrow said:

Upper Deck tix are affordable, but good seats are expensive.  The thing is even now the Falcons have some of the cheapest tickets in the league, and the food prices are insanely cheap, cheapest in all of sports.  So while a seat at the 50 yard line, lower deck, is a bit much, it's no more expensive than it is anywhere else, in fact like I said it is cheaper than most NFL teams.  Falcons fan base is lazy, and always has been.  

I paid $260 for Section 310 seats back in September. To me that isn't cheap.