That's a wrap

MAD597

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Season is over, no way we are going to run the table and unless we win the division we aren't going to the playoffs. Hope the offense gets sorted out next year. We will be 7-6 on Friday

Here's a mind blowing stat our fan-base needs to hear, we are 0-10 against Drew Brees and Sean Payton in odd numbered seasons, I repeat, we have been swept by the Saints for 5 consecutive odd numbered seasons (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015), and we haven't beaten the Saints at least once in back to back seasons since 2004 and 2005, and 2005 was the last odd numbered season before Drew Brees and Sean Payton came and that was a Hurricane Katrina year, so it doesn't really count. 

7 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Here's a mind blowing stat our fan-base needs to hear, we are 0-10 against Drew Brees and Sean Payton in odd numbered seasons, I repeat, we have been swept by the Saints for 5 consecutive odd numbered seasons (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015), and we haven't beaten the Saints at least once in back to back seasons since 2004 and 2005, and 2005 was the last odd numbered season before Drew Brees and Sean Payton came and that was a Hurricane Katrina year, so it doesn't really count. 

OMG so that means......nothing. One time I flipped a Qtr 7 times before it didn't come up heads.

Man I'm usually just a lurker, but my goodness, our fan base is so gloomy. We have beat most of the teams currently fighting for a wildcard spot including Seattle. If push comes to shove and we end up in a tiebreaker scenario, we more than likely make the playoffs.

I'm not convinced the Saints are as good as their record shows. The Panthers should have loss to us if not for Julios drop. The Bucs are for sure beatable. As someone has mentioned, we don't even have to win out to make the playoffs. I believe 10 wins will get us into the playoffs. 11 guarantees it. 

We're in a great position to hit another run like last year and finish 11-5. Maybe not the 2nd seed, but we can be a dangerous team in a few weeks. Defense is heating up. Offense showed we can move the ball against a very strong defense. Just need to clean up more of the mistakes.

6 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

I know we're not statistically eliminated, but we seem to have lost our "fire".  If we can't even score a touchdown, in our own place, how could we go on the road and win a Playoff game?!?!?!  I hate to say it, but I think we're done --- 

We got outscored in a game that couldn't have been called more conservatively. I'm impressed by how the defense played without TRU or Poole. If the D can ball like this the rest of the season we will win out.