Year after year we remain the most undisciplined and easily shaken team

KRUNKuno

Penalties stay killing us. 

Awful tackling.  

Poor eye discipline.  

Dropped passes.

Players that underperform when the stakes are the highest.

It’s just embedded in the Falcons culture.  How do we change this?  You can’t tell me that we don’t see these same problems year after year.   

Yet the score is just 7-6. Can we at LEAST wait for the game to end before the complaints? That way you don’t get The Who looks like a fool threads when we win. Or at least put the complaint in the game thread. We get the ball to start the second half. What if we end up winning 20-7? 23-7? Then it makes this thread look like you blew your load too fast. Let the game play out before all the premature threads. We can talk about this stuff live in game thread. 

24 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Schweitzer is the most garbagest lineman in the league.  

We collapse when the lights are brightest.  It starts with tha front and trickles it’s way down.  

Sorry, forgot you're actually still in middle school.

Thanks for starting this thread, though. Much more confident in our ability to pull it out now. And if we lose, you'll be happier to be right and crow about it.

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Was I lying?

1 hour ago, Falcan Moore said:

And if we lose, you'll be happier to be right and crow about it.

This is what I'm talking about. Double posting to bump your own thread and crow about being right, because you'd much rather us lose and be right than us win and prove you wrong.

It's sad, kid. Find a new hobby.

Just now, Falcan Moore said:

This is what I'm talking about. Double posting to bump your own thread and crow about being right, because you'd much rather us lose and be right than us win and prove you wrong.

It's sad, kid. Find a new hobby.

As anybody on these boards, I would much rather see us win.  

But when issues that have plagued us for 10+ years still arise, how am I supposed to ignore that?

For all the high draft picks we’ve had, why is our defense not tops?  Where is Beasley?  Why did our first round rookie outplay him?  Where is Deion Jones?  Why is he getting pushed clean out of plays and missing tackles?  Where is Neal?  Why is he slow to react to plays?   Devondre Campbell?   Laughable.  

Offensively, why do we continue to trot out a LG that should clearly be 3rd string?  Why do our premier receiver drop catchable 3rd down passes?  Why do we get penalties on every big play we have?   

This has been going on for years.   I’m just trying to figure out where the greatest common factor lies?

6 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

As anybody on these boards, I would much rather see us win.  

But when issues that have plagued us for 10+ years still arise, how am I supposed to ignore that?

For all the high draft picks we’ve had, why is our defense not tops?  Where is Beasley?  Why did our first round rookie outplay him?  Where is Deion Jones?  Why is he getting pushed clean out of plays and missing tackles?  Where is Neal?  Why is he slow to react to plays?   Devondre Campbell?   Laughable.  

Offensively, why do we continue to trot out a LG that should clearly be 3rd string?  Why do our premier receiver drop catchable 3rd down passes?  Why do we get penalties on every big play we have?   

This has been going on for years.   I’m just trying to figure out where the greatest common factor lies?

Our defense held them to 14 points and has been top 10 all year.

Beasley was, again, in coverage a ton today, and I counted 4 pressures - might have had even more. 15.5 sacks, so no, that part hasn't been going on "for years." Having a comparably poor season? Absolutely. Played well today though. And Takk doing well isn't a bad thing.

Deion Jones played very well too, was victim of a few blocks in the back but wasn't any sort of issue on defense. Had some very, very good plays and no real big ones given up.

Neal was very good too. Campbell had a quieter game, but really, targeting the defense in any way for the performance today is laughable. Biggest issue was Goodwin, who you don't even mention.

Our LG (Levitre) has been solid this year, and he got injured, hence putting Garland in. Unless you're talking about Schweitzer? At least get the position right.

Our receivers failed to execute, that has definitely been a problem this year. But not bringing up Ryan, who was easily the biggest problem on offense today, doesn't make any sense. This was one of his worst games all year in terms of being on target.

The penalties were bad, but the officiating was skewed as well. Not something I'd really blame our team for when the Vikings were doing far worse. I saw more headlocks today than in any game thus far.

All of these "going on for years" questions you pose haven't been going on for years. Want credibility? Bring up our ST play. Or bad clock management on Quinn's part. That's been going on for years. The stuff you mentioned just doesn't make any sense at all.

Quinn brought that aspect with him. The penalties that they commit are so stupid and horrendous, it'd make a coach want to strangle somebody. I mean, these penalties are just so f'n stupid. . . It's frustrating even as a fan . . .

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Penalties stay killing us. 

Awful tackling.  

Poor eye discipline.  

Dropped passes.

Players that underperform when the stakes are the highest.

It’s just embedded in the Falcons culture.  How do we change this?  You can’t tell me that we don’t see these same problems year after year.   

What's odd is that Mike Smith had this team the least penalized team in the league one season(we were always in the bottom 5), and out ST set an NFL record that same season for fewest return yards in history.(I believe that is correct, we may have ended up 2nd all time). If you add that to the offensive team we have always been, we should have won in 2012. Of course the only thing Kap has ever done as far as football is concerned is a comeback win in Atlanta during the 2012 NFC championship. We were the best team in the league that season. Georgia sports(especially football) is just cursed.