Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

datchrisb1

Steven Richardson (Still my top guy)

28 posts in this topic

Use to have more time to do this, I haven't been tracking this guy. I don't understand the lack of attention he's getting but it is Minnesota.

Positives

  • He maintains great pad level
  • Explosive first step
  • Doesn't give ground when moving laterally
  • Strong hands
  • Nasty spin move
  • Stout against the run (when he's actually in the play)

 

Negatives

  • Doesn't seem to be watching the ball or have an eye on the backfield. Weird (That's coaching)
  • Doesn't seem to be able to set anything up or have a plan of attack (That's coaching)
  • Just the cross chop arm over, no other moves (Coaching)
  • Needs to still have a stronger core, he's on the ground more than I would like
  • He just looks LOST sometimes!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realized this, ironic. I thought the same of Deandre Campbell. He was an athletic specimen that would look lost sometimes. Like the ball is over there, why are you running over here type of thing. Like it's obvious you at least need to fill as a linebacker, the guard just pulled why are you still just standing there, wait a minute why are you still dropping when the guard pulled on this play. Was just weird. Same with Richardson, the ball is over there, they did a toss sweep plain as day, you saw that, you had to have saw that, why are you still driving the guard 12 yards in the backfield, looks good, your strong and athletic, still pointless. There running the ball to the left, crossed your face to do it, I know you saw the running back darting to the left you could have made the tackle, why are you still driving the guard to the right side, I know that was the scheme designed pre-snap but are you paying attention! You do know it's all about the ball right. Wait a minute, you left your gap to do that, why did you do that, the QB didn't break contain, WTF. 

It's like same as Campbell, athletic freak but because of maybe where he's going to school at he might take some time. Will need a lot of coaching up.

m2Falcons likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dude is big, fast, strong and twitchy which is why we need to draft him, but with no plan or direction sometimes, check that more times than anyone can really be comfortable with. He's just going through the motions...  I blame the school. That's coaching, that can be corrected, but that athletic talent can't be coached into anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watch the tape. His stats are 6'1 310lbs. His "twitchy"-ness is Warren Sapp like. Check this dudes get off out man and he's not "guessing the snap". He's literally firing off the ball.  He still a man without a plan out there.

 

m2Falcons likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems to have some of the traits that Quinn covets, namely athleticism and get off. With Quinn's background as a D-line coach, I wouldn’t be shocked if he was drafted here and I kind of hope he is. What round do you think he goes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

He seems to have some of the traits that Quinn covets, namely athleticism and get off. With Quinn's background as a D-line coach, I wouldn’t be shocked if he was drafted here and I kind of hope he is. What round do you think he goes?

Dude is all over the place. I've seen him as high as a top 15, as low as a 4th rounder. It's because of the idea of how soon could he actually start for you. His tape can be extremely inconsistent, but my in opinion it's mental and instincts, just a natural what should I do in this game situation type of thing that most players have. It's missing. He is a raw, yet athletically gifted guy. Like a Chris Jones or our Devondre Campbell, he will need some coaching to develop a natural flow with the game. He could be ready to start week 1 same year, or years later. I think the teams who see him as a years later project or at the very least mid season are reporting 4th round. 

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

He seems to have some of the traits that Quinn covets, namely athleticism and get off. With Quinn's background as a D-line coach, I wouldn’t be shocked if he was drafted here and I kind of hope he is. What round do you think he goes?

Actually haven't had the time to keep up with him really. I would take him with our second, think about him in the first considering how the board looks. But that's my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

Actually haven't had the time to keep up with him really. I would take him with our second, think about him in the first considering how the board looks. But that's my opinion.

Based on what I've learned in this thread, I think I'd be okay with him if we double dipped at the position or signed someone else at the same position in free agency. He doesn't sound like a game-changer right away unless our coaching is really that good, which is quite possible. Nice find!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2017 at 11:43 PM, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

He seems to have some of the traits that Quinn covets, namely athleticism and get off. With Quinn's background as a D-line coach, I wouldn’t be shocked if he was drafted here and I kind of hope he is. What round do you think he goes?

1st or 2nd round 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, djbrough said:

Did he even declare for the draft?

Yea, he's a senior.  I think this dude could be a steal late in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2017 at 10:48 AM, datchrisb1 said:

This dude is big, fast, strong and twitchy which is why we need to draft him, but with no plan or direction sometimes, check that more times than anyone can really be comfortable with. He's just going through the motions...  I blame the school. That's coaching, that can be corrected, but that athletic talent can't be coached into anyone.

Sounds at best like another Hageman. I'm not familiar with him though. Wow 99 pressures? Def not a hageman. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think he's a 5th rounder maybe. I would take his team mate #92. Richardson just seems a little clueless as to where the play is going, and if you look at the movement, he always seems to be the last one to get off after the snap. I'd rather see someone that is making plays on a consistent basis. I think he had one in all those vids. Just not real high on him, at least not early for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

He's a little under 6' and 295lbs. UDFA prospect. Would love to have him.

 

9 hours ago, celtiksage said:

I would think he's a 5th rounder maybe. I would take his team mate #92. Richardson just seems a little clueless as to where the play is going, and if you look at the movement, he always seems to be the last one to get off after the snap. I'd rather see someone that is making plays on a consistent basis. I think he had one in all those vids. Just not real high on him, at least not early for sure.

 

2 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Under 6'? Then you are probably right, UDFA.

Not lying, around August/September last year, I saw him in rankings and mocks as a 1st round pick. Haven't been following Minnesota, and all the game footage of him there all old. Don't know how he did this year, but if we get this dude with a late round pick or UDFA, that would be a steal. The dude was coming off a what an 8 sack year and the most QB pressures of all the DTs on top of being the focal point up front.

Knight of God likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

 

 

Not lying, around August/September last year, I saw him in rankings and mocks as a 1st round pick. Haven't been following Minnesota, and all the game footage of him there all old. Don't know how he did this year, but if we get this dude with a late round pick or UDFA, that would be a steal. The dude was coming off a what an 8 sack year and the most QB pressures of all the DTs on top of being the focal point up front.

Unless someone has taken notice, he will be a serious steal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

 

 

Not lying, around August/September last year, I saw him in rankings and mocks as a 1st round pick. Haven't been following Minnesota, and all the game footage of him there all old. Don't know how he did this year, but if we get this dude with a late round pick or UDFA, that would be a steal. The dude was coming off a what an 8 sack year and the most QB pressures of all the DTs on top of being the focal point up front.

He does take on quite a few double teams. I did notice that, which is always a good thing. And 8 sacks? Interesti,g for sure. Hope he slides and is Mr Irrelevant. Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 11:16 PM, cpm said:

1st or 2nd round 

No one not invited to the combine is going that high. You may not understand why he isn't as hyped, and I might not either, but theose guys know what they're doing. There's a reason he isn't highly rated. NFLDraftScout for example, has him as the 61st highest rated DT, and EASILY expected to go undrafted. Right now, Day 3 at best, we'll see what he does at his pro day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First guess, being 5116 might have something to do with lessening expectations of NFL success, and before anyone says it, Aaron Donald was 6006, big difference, 

Note: NOT saying the kid can't have success, but it'll definitely hurt his stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

 

 

Not lying, around August/September last year, I saw him in rankings and mocks as a 1st round pick. Haven't been following Minnesota, and all the game footage of him there all old. Don't know how he did this year, but if we get this dude with a late round pick or UDFA, that would be a steal. The dude was coming off a what an 8 sack year and the most QB pressures of all the DTs on top of being the focal point up front.

 

Always check http://draftbreakdown.com/2018-nfl-draft-prospects/ first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites